PDA

View Full Version : This is odd...


James Logan
09-08-2003, 12:58 PM
I've posted about 5 or 6 posts in the last half-hour or so, and my post count hasn't changed. It's stuck at 8160 since I logged on tonight, and it only just changed to 8161 with the last reply I posted. Is this something that's only happening to me, or did other people realize this phenomenon happening to them too?

moviemuffin
09-08-2003, 01:05 PM
I can't decide to be curious that it's happening or curious that people actually notice their number changey thingie.

Romero&Juliet
09-08-2003, 02:01 PM
I've noticed that sometimes it takes a few refresh-es... no thang

James Logan
09-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by moviemuffin
I can't decide to be curious that it's happening or curious that people actually notice their number changey thingie.

Well, my post count doesn't mean the world to me, but I'm a competitive schmuck... ;)

Actually, this came to my attention because I posted three times and realized the post count was still at "8160" each time, pure luck.

Hannibal21
09-08-2003, 03:34 PM
This has happened to me a couple times yesterday and it was just happening today, GOD it really pisses me off! :rolleyes:

Invincible
09-08-2003, 10:15 PM
Who cares about post count? talk movies that's all... :D

Lynn Minmei
09-08-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Invincible
Who cares about post count? talk movies that's all... :D

Good idea! After all, this is a movie site!

James Logan
09-09-2003, 06:15 AM
Hey, you guys react like you want to. :) All I'm saying is that a lot of glitches have appeared on the boards recently, and this is one more to the count. Just one more sign something ain't right...and yes, I want my posts, you darn...Schmoes! ;)

moviemuffin
09-09-2003, 01:58 PM
*Adopting sultriest morning voice*

Wow... your post number is so...

BIG

:D

JoBlo
09-09-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by James Logan
All I'm saying is that a lot of glitches have appeared on the boards recently, and this is one more to the count.

Really?? Lots of glitches? What other ones have I missed?

This likely isn't as much as a "glitch" as our server taking its time to refresh certain things on the board that aren't so important to do immediately, like post counts, etc... This discussion board takes up a LOT of resources so we have to cut back on little things that will actually save us the added pressure on the server (like not being able to search within 20 seconds of your last search, not being able to search for words with less than 4 letters, etc...)

Otherwise, the board might be slower than molasses.

James Logan
09-10-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by JoBlo
Really?? Lots of glitches? What other ones have I missed?


Well, I'm no specialist, of course (I don't understand shit about computers, really), but...

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61134
http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56611
http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59096
http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58771
http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55952

A couple of these threads are relatively old ones (but they're all under 60 days of "age"), but I think they're still relevant. Still, don't get the wrong impression, I'm not saying the boards are fuckin' around painfully, but there are a few odd things happening.

Originally posted by JoBlo

This likely isn't as much as a "glitch" as our server taking its time to refresh certain things on the board that aren't so important to do immediately, like post counts, etc... This discussion board takes up a LOT of resources so we have to cut back on little things that will actually save us the added pressure on the server (like not being able to search within 20 seconds of your last search, not being able to search for words with less than 4 letters, etc...)


Okey dokey, fine with me. :) It wasn't really a problem to me or anything, just wanted to make sure it wasn't out of the ordinary or a sign that the board didn't refresh anymore or somethin'.

Thanks. :)

Damned Martian
09-10-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by James Logan
All I'm saying is that a lot of glitches have appeared on the boards recently That's because Neo didn't choose the other door :D