PDA

View Full Version : Horror books/stories you want made into movies?

Horror
10-05-2003, 11:01 AM
What books/stories do you want made into movies?

I would love I am Legend made into a movie that was faithful to the book.

I would also like Jack Ketchum's Ladies' Night made into a movie, which actually is going to happen via Stuart Gordon.[

Countess
10-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Steve Alten's books Meg and The Trench were great and I would love to see them turned into a movie. I've heard that he's in talks to do just that.

Some of Richard's Laymon's books like One Rainy Night Or The Traveling Vampire Show were very creepy and interesting reads I would be interested in seeing some of his works turned into movies.

Horror
10-05-2003, 11:12 AM
I forgot about the book Meg, quite a good book and I've read some of Trench, which is pretty good too.

I actually just bought One Rainy Night from Richard Laymon which looks quite cool, I also bought his Night in the Lonesome October, Is that book any good?

Psychocandy
10-05-2003, 11:16 AM
I Am Legend is pretty much top of my list. Other than that i'd love to see an adaptation of Simon Clark's Blood Crazy. Unfortunately many of the main ideas presented in that particular book are present in 28 Days Later so even if it did hit the cinema (very unlikely) it would probably be proclaimed a rip off. There are a lot of short Stephen King stories i'd love to see compiled into an anthology type movie. I just read his 1408 in Everything's Eventual and it gave me the chills. Song Of Kali and Summer Of Night both by Dan Simmons could in the right hands make brilliant and very scary movies. Shit...there are hundreds of books out there just crying out for adaptation. The vast majority of them will never see the silver screen but we can always hope. :D

Horror
10-05-2003, 12:23 PM
I havenít read Blood Crazy, which I hear, is quite good. But I did get Stranger by Simon Clark, which is roughly the same concept. I haven't read it yet, is it any good? Obviously I just got back into reading so I haven't read much yet.

One more thing, Cabin Fever director Eli Roth as an adaptation of the Stephen King short story 1408 planned to do sometime in the future.

socknose2
10-05-2003, 12:30 PM
The Fog, The Dark, The Rats, Lair and Domain (all by James Herbert) would make kick ass movies (particularly The Fog, I can see that being a great zombie movie)

Horror
10-05-2003, 04:33 PM
Keep em coming

Psychocandy
10-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Horror
I haven't read Blood Crazy which I hear is quite good. But I did get Stranger by Simon Clark which is ruffly the same concept. I haven't read it yet, is it any good? Obviously I just got back into reading so I havn't read much yet.

One more thing, Cabin Fever director Eli Roth as an adaption of the Stephen King short story 1408 planned to do sometime in the future.

First up. Stranger is good. Very good at times. It's nowhere near as fine as Blood Crazy though. Simon Clark's best two books are Blood Crazy and King Blood. The rest are very worthy of your time but these two are classics.

I find it odd that anyone would choose to make a movie of 1408. Great as it is I don't see how there's enough story to fill out an entire movie. Perhaps he plans to expand on the original premise. I see how that could work. In the right hands.

ColonelColinCaine
10-05-2003, 07:07 PM
Stephen King's DARK TOWER Series.

I AM LEGEND by Richard Matheson

AT THE MOUNTANS OF MADNESS by H.P. Lovecraft

HOME DELIVERY by Stephen King (from BOOK OF THE DEAD)

A SAD LAST LOVE AT THE DINER OF THE DAMNED by Edward Bryant (from BOOK OF THE DEAD)

ON THE FAR SIDE OF THE CADILLAC DESERT WITH DEAD FOLKS by Joe R. Lansdale (from BOOK OF THE DEAD)

THE MIST by Stephen King (from SKELETON CREW)

...that's all I can think of right now.

Marshal Law
10-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Evil Ernie: Youth Gone Wild should, nay, MUST be directed by his creator Brian Pulido. Dude started out in the movie biz and switched to comics cause nobody thought YGW could be made the way he wanted it. This board needs more Evil Ernie exposure.

More proper Lovecraft adaptions, Call of Cthulhu specifically.

Black Sabbath's song N.I.B. would make a cool premise for a movie.

Eyes without life...Sundered heads...Piles of carcasses...These are pleasing words to me...

thebloodfeaster
10-06-2003, 06:06 AM
N
E
C
R
O
S
C
O
P
E
!
!
!
!
!

Klownzilla
10-06-2003, 07:30 AM
A more faithful version to Jay Anson's THE AMITYVILLE HORROR.

Could Be Worse
10-06-2003, 09:33 PM
I know it's not exactly horror, but Clive Barker's The Thief of Always would make a great kid/teen movie.

WamphyriNate
10-07-2003, 03:30 AM
Necroscope. But only if it stays faithful to the book. Hollywood gloss would ruin it. Hhmmmm........maybe Sam "the man" Raimi could do it.

MonkeyGoat
10-07-2003, 09:55 AM
Well, the Vampire Lestate would've mad a great movie, had they not forged it with Queen of the damned and butchered the hell out of it.

I don't know, horror books, all the ones I've read HAVE been made into movies.

SpaceMutt07
10-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Stephen King's short stories "The Boogeyman" (and no, that's not the same 'Boogeyman' being made by Sam Raimi), ''The Monkey", and "The Mist". Those are some truly kickass short stories, if I don't say so myself. Also I would like to see an "It" remake come to the big screen. Pennywise can muster up some major scares and money if it was done right (but only if Tim Curry played him).

Not horror, really, but so far Chuck Palahniuk's (Fight Club, Lullaby) latest effort "Diary" is a great read. I reccomend it.

Psychocandy
10-07-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by WamphyriNate
Necroscope. But only if it stays faithful to the book. Hollywood gloss would ruin it. Hhmmmm........maybe Sam "the man" Raimi could do it.

It's wonderful to ponder how amazing a faithful adaptation would be but let's face it...there's not many directors (or studios) would have the balls to do the book justice. There's some pretty hardcore nastiness in there.

killuminati003
10-07-2003, 07:49 PM
Stephen Kings short story Strawberry Spring from the Short Story collection Night Shift

Marshal Law
10-08-2003, 02:08 AM
Need to add "The Breathing Method" to finish off Stephen King's Four Seasons. What a great box set that would be (Stand By Me, The Shawshank Redemption, and Apt Pupil)

WamphyriNate
10-08-2003, 04:53 AM
Can't for the life of me remember the author, but a book called "Beastmaker" I read years back could make for a good popcorn/horror movie. Of course, it could suck worse than a black hole. "Time....is on my side. Yes it is!"

Horror
10-21-2003, 05:01 PM
I'll bump this up since Halloween is just a week and a half away!