PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room Suggestion


flowrchild
10-08-2003, 11:21 AM
While I think the chat room is a good way for schmoes to interact (although I myself don't use it), I think the settings should be changed where people can't log in except under their own user name and password. I have heard many instances of people going in under fake names pretending to be other people, getting schmoes mad at eachother, and spreading ridiculous rumors about people without any bearing of truth. If the people could only sign in under their own names, they could be called out for their behavior and not have a pseudonym to hide behind.

Just my 2 cents.

jackson13
10-08-2003, 11:44 AM
Sounds good to me. Im in there everynight and you can never really tell if someones really who they say they are, unless your friends with them.

BadCoverVersion
10-08-2003, 03:24 PM
I was happily a-typing away in the chat room just last month and BCVersion entered the room...:confused:

They soon fucked off when they sensed the rage of I, the TRUE BadCoverVersion.

Sneaky fucker.

Lynn Minmei
10-08-2003, 04:40 PM
JoBio, anyone?

Since Jo has his own chat account, no one can impersonate him...

...except anyone who enters JoBio with a capital I. And I've been impersonated by that furgin' Someguy nearly every chat.


While we're on chat suggestions, can we move the chat link to the front page? We really could use more people in there.

Grebdron
10-08-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by BadCoverVersion
I was happily a-typing away in the chat room just last month and BCVersion entered the room...:confused:

They soon fucked off when they sensed the rage of I, the TRUE BadCoverVersion.

Sneaky fucker.

No worries, love. No sober, educated person could possibly impersonate your senseless ramblings.

They'd be spotted in a heartbeat.;)

RickySlade
10-08-2003, 05:19 PM
Yeah people have gone in on my name and insulted dh.....



oh wait.

Nate6
10-08-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by RickySlade
Yeah people have gone in on my name and insulted dh.....



oh wait.

LOL.

Seriously though, I've heard a story about someone coming in and telling everyone in there that they sucked and they blew and they were dumb, etc. Now, very few believed it was me (I don't say people suck AND blow, doesn't work, people ;)), but still...

stevereno
10-08-2003, 05:59 PM
This happens to me alot too. If your not sure, send me a pm and tell me you did. then i'll check and send a reply telling you its me.

But yeah, on time I was talking to "CLAW" and "ROMERO&JULIET" on msn and they told me that someone named "Stevereno" was being stupid in the chat. So I signed in as "rad_tad" and no one believe it was really me. But Claw and R&J did and informed them.

SHIVER ME TIMBERS

flowrchild
10-08-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by RickySlade
Yeah people have gone in on my name and insulted dh.....



oh wait.

LOL

That's okay, DH is one of the most common users of the chat room to spread all sorts of nonsense. Clearly class is no longer a requirement to be a moderator.

For the record-- anything anyone hears about me, please clarify it with me before believing it. I've recently heard some ridiculously untrue things being spewed in the chat room about myself from other schmoes reporting back to me and it pisses me off.

I stand by my original suggestion for the chat room.

Lynn Minmei
10-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Nate6
LOL.

Seriously though, I've heard a story about someone coming in and telling everyone in there that they sucked and they blew and they were dumb, etc. Now, very few believed it was me (I don't say people suck AND blow, doesn't work, people ;)), but still...

Not too mention that silly 'guy went under Nate6 once...Funny stuff. I was insulted by who I thought was my best chat buddy, Young Jay Leno-I mean, Nate6...;)

Damned Martian
10-09-2003, 05:55 AM
Well, i've never entered the chat room, so if anyone has entered with my nickname, it wasn't me. And if someone has spread any kind of rumour against me... well, it's most likely to be true, but i don't think it has happened ;)

paul
10-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by flowrchild
While I think the chat room is a good way for schmoes to interact (although I myself don't use it), I think the settings should be changed where people can't log in except under their own user name and password. I have heard many instances of people going in under fake names pretending to be other people, getting schmoes mad at eachother, and spreading ridiculous rumors about people without any bearing of truth. If the people could only sign in under their own names, they could be called out for their behavior and not have a pseudonym to hide behind.

Just my 2 cents.

If you know how to read, it says that JoBlo doesn't have control over the chatroom. :rolleyes:

JoBlo
10-09-2003, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately, we have ZERO CONTROL over our chat room because it's the "free edition". I've noted this on the CHAT page so that everyone who goes into the CHAT knows this in advance. I'm sure that this doesn't prevent phonies from coming along anyway, but it allows most peeps to be more vigilant, at least.

BTW, if anyone knows of any other GOOD CHAT programs, which don't cost much and DO allow for stuff like that, along with the option of running ads and having more than 10 members in at the same time, please email me with the info or post some links here. The one that we currently use is: http://chat-forum.com/

my_name_is_neo
10-09-2003, 05:15 PM
I've never been on the chatroom, and I never actually go in any chatrooms, so if you see anyone under my name there, it's not me.

Grebdron
10-09-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by paul
If you know how to read, it says that JoBlo doesn't have control over the chatroom. :rolleyes:

Very nice, pal.:rolleyes:

She DOES know how to read. She was making a suggestion...or rather reacting to something that's happened to her PERSONALLY.

How's about not insulting people you don't know, mmmmkay?

Thanks.

Oh, and it's "in the chatroom", not "on the chatroom."

Reigh Kaufman
10-09-2003, 07:14 PM
"Gotta say it, Paul. You have 83 posts, one of which calls another Schmoe 'a fuck' after ACCIDENTALLY neglecting to add a spolier warning (a mistake he apologised for, then remedied). So, maybe YOU should learn to read the rules first, then maybe you wouldn't make yourself look like a silly-billy."

From The Memoirs Of Reigh Kaufman: Acting As Though I Were A Mod: Volume 2.

jackson13
10-09-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Grebdron
How's about not insulting people you don't know, mmmmkay?



What if we do know them? Huh? Huh?


Yeah thats what I thought, grammar fixer-upper!!! Nyah!



:D


And Kaufee (like the drink but spelt different), im all for you being a Mod. Let the campaign begin! Reigh for Mod in 03!!!!

Lynn Minmei
10-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Reigh Kaufman


From The Memoirs Of Reigh Kaufman: Acting As Though I Were A Mod: Volume 2.

Yeech...They made another volume? The first one was utter shite.

Reigh Kaufman
10-10-2003, 04:49 AM
"Yeech...They made another volume? The first one was utter shite"

Nothing to do with me. The publishers used a ghost writer.

Cheer, Jackson13. Now, go and get a job.;)

JCR
10-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Well I just tried to log on as my sometime alias, Dave the Jew (in reality one of Mark "Chopper" Read's less than sane friends in his books) and a message came up saying it was illegal. :( I think Carol from countdown is right about chatrooms. :)

jackson13
10-10-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Reigh Kaufman
Cheer, Jackson13. Now, go and get a job.;)


But......I got a job! Better watch it, that kind of talk could be hazardous to your campaign. ;)

Romero&Juliet
10-10-2003, 02:43 PM
THREAD CLOSED.













:D