PDA

View Full Version : My James Caan Experience

The Arrow
10-09-2003, 10:24 AM
I feel like sharing this: Now due to meeting all these Celebs over the years via the work I do on the site, I have become somewhat jaded. I haven't felt star-struck in ages. Well that changed last weekend.

I was at the "ELF" Party with Indiana Sev at the top of the Empire State Building. Both Sev and I we're chilling out with drinks in hand, we saw Will Ferrel, talked shop and toasted with Jon Favreau and that alone was the shite.

But then who do we see at the far side of the room hanging 10 with a hot 20 something chick? JAMES CAAN. Now I'm a huge Caan fan. When I go out to party, my friend's and I have this inside thing where we say, "What would Jimmy Caan do?" before hitting on chicks or ordering drinks.

So there he was, the man, the myth, the Caan. I had to shake his hand. So Sev and I walked up to him. I told him: "Excuse me Mr. Caan, I'm a huge fan of yours and would be honored to shake your hand. He gladly extended his hand and shook it, thanking me for the props. I then thanked him for all the fine movies he's given us, Sev mumbled something about "Thief" and then we both left. Short, sweet but for me, it meant so much. I met Jimmy Caan. Wow...now all I need to do is shake Stallone's and Rourke's hands, marry Mandy Moore and my life will be complete

Felt good to feel like a fanboy again...:)

Twisted Sister
10-09-2003, 10:34 AM
Wow - I'm so jealous! Will Ferrell AND James Caan??? How lucky are YOU? I hear Caan is an awesome guy in person. Did you talk to Ferrell at all? He's one of my top "If I Could Get Drunk With Anyone" nominees. Sounds like you're livin' my dream, mon frere! :D

Indiana Sev
10-09-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by The Arrow
all I need to do is shake Stallone's and Rourke's hands, marry Mandy Moore and my life will be complete

Good luck with all that, except I'd really appreciate it if you let me nail Mandy Moore before you two crazy kids tie the knot! :)

As that is one of my life goals! :cool:

MarkItZero
10-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Indiana Sev
As that is one of my life goals! :cool:

My teachers alway said that its good to have goals!

BorderEevilIII
10-09-2003, 02:58 PM
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Las_Vegas/images/r1_c2_castimage.jpg
Thats awesome! But duuuude.......should aksed him about his NEW show on NBC and his fellow lady co-stars....:D

ilovemovies
10-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by BorderEevilIII
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Las_Vegas/images/r1_c2_castimage.jpg
Thats awesome! But duuuude.......should aksed him about his NEW show on NBC and his fellow lady co-stars....:D

Especially the ULTRA HOT Molly Sims who plays his daughter in the show. Even if the show was crap I'd probably tune in for a few minutes to oogle her. Fortunately, it's a great show to boot. And Caan rocks in it.

Scarface98.9
10-09-2003, 05:20 PM
I would've given my left testicle to be in your shoes that night. Or at the very least half of it

Tagia_Romero
10-09-2003, 06:08 PM
Sweeet!

RickySlade
10-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Jimmy Caan in the flesh. Wowie Wow Wow. I could only dream. The biggest celeb I've met was Cory Feldman :(

ilovemovies
10-09-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by RickySlade
Jimmy Caan in the flesh. Wowie Wow Wow. I could only dream. The biggest celeb I've met was Cory Felman :(

Hey, that's more than me.

Though I plan on hunting down the location of where they are currently filming National Treasure in Philly. So hopefully I'll get to meet Nicolas Cage. :)

someguy
10-09-2003, 11:02 PM
I'm just curious if JoBlo was there since I think he would have liked to meet Favreau with the Swingers thing and all. Nah he'd probably want to meet Vaughn first. Oh Vaughn is sooooooooo good.

The Rain Dog
10-10-2003, 12:01 AM
That is a fuckin cool story - Im jealous as hell;)

Nice one.

RD