PDA

View Full Version : A rant, but not really, actually just disappointment

jackson13
10-29-2003, 09:37 PM
Im watching Friday the 13th something right now, whichever one it is where Jason got out of his grave and Tommy Jarvis is trying to get him back in or whatever, but I gotta get this off of my chest. What the hell happend to the F13th series when this movie came along? They were somewhat scary, and actual horror movies, and this one all of a sudden just became total suckfest. Case in point. all of a sudden Jason is killing people in broad daylight, they've got these nerdy guys playing paintball in the woods to stupid corny music, I feel like im watching a cheesy comedy for fucks sake! They might as well give Jason stupid one liners to spout out when he kills someone like Freddy does! He threw this one guy into a tree face first and the guys face left a bloody smiley face in the tree! It was like this :) but blood red. I cant decide if this is a cheesy made for tv movie that was aimed at young teens, or an actual scary movie that got fucked over by writers and turned into pussified entertainment.

I am very disappointed with this movie. Very, very, very disappointed. :(

cereal killer
10-29-2003, 09:54 PM
Well the one your talking about is Firday the 13th part 6 which is one of the better movies of the series in my opinion. Sure it was kinda bad at some points but there have been worst things for example Jason goes to new yourk and jason in space what the hell kind of ideas are those to me it seems your scraping the bottom of the barrel with ideas like those oppsed to somehting semi decent such as jason being resurected and turning into a zombie killing machine.

Freddy Krueger6
10-29-2003, 10:21 PM
im watching that exact movie right now here in toronto on spike tv...and i gotta agree with jackson13...this movie juss plain sucks im not really enjoying it .......

ERIN_LoJ
10-29-2003, 10:22 PM
I didnt like this movie when I first watched it years back. But now really love it. So go figure

BTW it seems part 6 is one of the favorites among the boards so you may not get that many agreements. Not that that matters of course

TheJadedGamer
10-29-2003, 10:40 PM
BEST FRIDAY EVER!!!!

Friday the 13th Part VI is, probably, the best Friday, right next to part IV and part III.

Hack
10-29-2003, 11:39 PM
If I realized that was on spike tv right now, I'd be watching it. Anywho, this is kinda like the time when Freddy started to get funny with the one liners( I just left that thread ) and it seems that whoever was in charge of the Friday franchise at this time obviously needed some comedy in their movies. A good horror movie always needs some comedy to spark some interest.

Plus the fact that the paintball crew are no part of the regular ordinary people that Jason usually kills. There's the nerdy guy that really just doesn't belong. The two dweebs who got "killed" by the woman, the woman herself, and of course the Pyscho Paintball Guy who's face ends up on the tree. That whole party is considered a "humor factor" and they wanted to have some fun with Jason killing them. Just enjoy it because it grows on you like your pet parrot that curses at the neighbors.

ParileseMonster
10-30-2003, 01:25 AM
The breakout of A.D.D. in the world is what happened.

Short Attention Spans

Gore/deaths every five minutes equals money for the studio.

Story and character building before a death equals money loss for the studios.

Oh no we can not have that says the studio boss, we need to reach the majority of audiences and get their money so we can profit or at least break even.

Funny, I never heard about A.D.D until I was 25 years old. I am glad I grew up in an era in which good movies were made.

Eapo_q42
10-30-2003, 01:36 AM
Part VI is one of my favourites.
I never found Jason very scary. Hunt and Kill. Not exactly a mind-numbingly elaborate set up for a horror movie. Besides, you know all the teens (except for one or two) are gonna bite it from the minute you start watching! So it's impossible to create suspense, no matter how hard the filmmakers try.
So, having said that, I can find a mindlessly gory film like part IV enjoyable.

Besides, it's a pretty funny entry without being too corny (ok, the paintball scene is silly). For example, when the graveyard caretaker says "Why would you want to dig up Jason Voorhees?" and then he looks into the camera and says "some people got a twisted sense of entertainment!"

That's gold!

ilovemovies
10-30-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by jackson13

this one all of a sudden just became total suckfest. Case in point.

I cant decide if this is a cheesy made for tv movie that was aimed at young teens, or an actual scary movie that got fucked over by writers and turned into pussified entertainment.

IMO all except for maybe a couple of them are total suckfests in which I can't decide if it is a "cheesy made for tv movie or an actual scary movie that got fucked over by writers and turned into pussified entertainment". ESPECIALLY the first one which is GODAWFUL IMO. I mean the girl who plays (**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**) Jason's mother gives one of the most laughably bad performances I have EVER seen in a mainstreem hollywood movie. But that is just me and obviously the Friday the 13th movies has it's share of fans. Obviously because if it didn't there wouldn't be the hundreds ( ;) ) of sequals that keep following.

Raw Chili
10-30-2003, 04:12 AM
Come on dude, this one is one of the better Friday movies, pretty damn amusing. He kills off the dude from Welcome Back Kotter in the begining by pulling his heart out, it's great. Thom Matthews from the Return of the Living Dead movies makes a good Tommy Jarvis, and the killing is pretty cheesy and over the top which equates into a good laugh. This one pretty much marks the point Jason turned into a Zombie leading into parts 7, 8 and so on...

Hack
10-30-2003, 03:05 PM
I like the part when tommy jarvis is in the car with the blond, don't remember her name, but he has to put his head down in her lap and the camera moves into his pov......Meeeoooowwww!

spacemonkey
10-30-2003, 03:14 PM
Hey, hey, Ill admit, those first few minutes are kinda dumb (I do hate that smiley face on that tree! That was just a little too stupid) but once you get past those particular "funny"sequences, your in for one of the best friday movies in the series.

I love the way the movie opens, very fast paced, very exciting. Very moody, with all the lightning and the storm falling, and the maggot filled Jason. Cool opening sequence in deed.

I also dig those last sequences on the camp. The have a nice spooky atmosphere to them wich I love and Jason is particularly gruesome and fierce on this one. I love the scene when he breaks that dudes spine...damn..

A preatty decent entry into the series if you ask me, once you get past those comedic sequences of course. Of the sequels I really enjoy this one and part 7.

pyscho dude
10-30-2003, 03:15 PM
Well I personally enjoyed part 6. I guess the filmmakers realized Jason wasn't scary anymore although I never found him scary so they made him humorous and more enjoyable.

TheDeadWalk
10-30-2003, 08:19 PM
I felt that part VI was light years ahead of VII "The new blood", VIII "Jason Takes Manhattan", Jason Goes to hell: The final friday, Jason X, and Freddy Vs. Jason.

Once you've seen the shit spewed out after this film, it's much easier to enjoy Jason Lives.... much easier.