PDA

View Full Version : Pulpier Fiction?

Basco
11-20-2003, 08:46 PM
I'm not one to spread rumors, and I don't know this for sure (do you ever in the film indistry), but the talk about a sequel to the 1994 masterpiece Pulp Fiction has grown much larger than I would have expected. I know that Kill Bill vl. 2 is not out yet, and Glorious Bastards (not INglorious) is next for QT, but Pulp 2 may be next on the agenda. Apparently, the movie is going to be split up into 2 sections; one section about the Vega Brothers (Vincent from Pulp and Toothpick Vic {aka Mr Blonde} from Reservoir Dogs. This would have to be a prequel to the aforementioned films for, uh, reasons I shall not say even though they are obvious and because everyone should have seen those two superb films by now. The second section will be centered around Jules Winsfield "walking the earth" ("You know, like Cain in Kung Fu"). If this rumour is true, then I can only say one thing, and that is "Royale with cheese baby, royale with cheese...."

Jon Lyrik
11-20-2003, 09:31 PM
Me prefer it solo. No need for sequel. Hulk smash puny execs who will greenlight this.

The Rain Dog
11-20-2003, 10:55 PM
How can you have Madsen and Travolta playing younger guys than they did over ten years ago????

RD :confused:

TheDeadWalk
11-21-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by The Rain Dog
How can you have Madsen and Travolta playing younger guys than they did over ten years ago????

Movie Magic. Movies all the time have the actors portray themselves in flashbacks looking younger, and almost every Television series that lasts three years or more does this as well.

And when you get to be around the age of Madsen and Travolta, they really aren't that far off from their looks now as opposed to ten years ago.

blankpage
11-21-2003, 11:52 AM

I smell a 'Dumb and Dumberer' coming!

James Logan
11-21-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Jon Lyrik
Me prefer it solo. No need for sequel. Hulk smash puny execs who will greenlight this.

Yeah. Male slut agree with Hulk. Male slut go get laid now. But careful not to upset Male slut.

Basco
11-21-2003, 03:10 PM
actually, travolta and madsen characters will be played by younger ones. who do you think would play these hitmen brothers well?

Neesh
11-23-2003, 06:36 PM

They'll both have to do some serious dieting... (especially Madsen)

Chris411
11-23-2003, 07:45 PM
I wonder if the 2nd part with Jules will culminate in a job as a organ player in a church in El Paso, Texas....

CyclicNightmare
11-23-2003, 08:19 PM
There are already two threads about this. Do we need a third?

Here's the FIRST (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64325)

the SECOND (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66023)

Basco
11-23-2003, 08:55 PM
Sorry, didn't know about the first two.... still, any suggestions on who to play the Vega Brothers since Madsen and Travolta will not? If this film does happen, I hope it's not some young Hollywood "rising star" like Vin Diesel. Nah, Tarantino would never let that happen. What about Edward Norton?

The Rain Dog
11-23-2003, 09:55 PM
Is it an absolute definate that this film is even gonna get made, let alone whether Madsen and Travolta will be reprising their roles or not???

RD

Basco
11-24-2003, 04:48 PM
Oh, oh you were finished? Well allow me to retort. It is a strong possibility, and if it is, Madsen and Travolta will not, repeat WILL NOT resprise their roles.

The Rain Dog
11-24-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Basco
Oh, oh you were finished? Well allow me to retort. It is a strong possibility, and if it is, Madsen and Travolta will not, repeat WILL NOT resprise their roles.

Link?

RD

therealjohng
11-25-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Chris411
I wonder if the 2nd part with Jules will culminate in a job as a organ player in a church in El Paso, Texas....

That would be too bad. I don't want to see him die.

blankpage
11-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Puplier Thread. ;)

I still think that 'Pulp Fiction' should stay 'Pulp Fiction'. We all know what happened to 'Jaws'.

Mike Sampson
12-05-2003, 11:11 AM
Another PULP FICTION thread 2 is open here (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64325), so I'm gonna close this one down and recommend everyone looking to talk PULP 2 head over there.

Thanks,
MS