PDA

View Full Version : Chris Martin & Mike Skinner of The Streets in collaboration shocker...

Psychocandy
11-26-2003, 02:02 PM
I love Coldplay and think Mike Skinner of The Streets to one of the UK music scene's brightest artists, but never, not even for a second, did I imagine there would ever be a collaboration between these two musically disparate talents. I guess my powers of precognition ain't what they used to be as Chris Martin has joined Mike Skinner in the studio and they have recorded a track together that could feature on next year's follow up to the brilliant Original Pirate Material. Should be interesting (although BCV will no doubt be along just shortly to throw a bucket of cold piss over the very idea...not much of a Coldplay fan, that lass). :D

BadCoverVersion
11-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Easy man.

;)

Bucket of cold piss you say.

I'm really fucking worried about this one...C'mon, it sounds downright hideous in theory...but, I'll reserve judgement *mumblegrumble*...as I loved Original Pirate Material...and Coldplay are...erm, probably lovely boys.

No, I'm sure it'll be just dandy.

screamer581
11-26-2003, 03:00 PM
Well, it sounds interesting at least. I am a big Chris Martin fan, and I also really dig Mike Skinner, so maybe..just maybe it'll work.. maybe. :)

Bullet Tooth Tony
11-26-2003, 04:34 PM
I think it could be cool...

Or total cat shit.

I'll reserve judgment til I've heard it.

areyoubeingserved
11-29-2003, 07:20 PM
I'll never forget seeing Skinner live and thinking what a complete dud. I loved the album but he was a wank on stage. From that day forth I feared the sophmore release... and now this...

I'm shitting myself.

Jess
11-29-2003, 08:46 PM
As far as I'm concerned, anything Chris Martin touches turns to gold (or platinum).