PDA

View Full Version : Ricky 6

LamentConfiguration
11-28-2003, 12:12 AM
I saw this for sale at my local video store and almost bought it, but decided I should get some input first. Has anyone seen it? Is it anygood?

The Arrow
11-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Dude, buy it, it is such a rare film (very hard to find). Its also pretty damn good:
http://www.joblo.com/arrow/ricky6.htm

LamentConfiguration
11-28-2003, 04:59 PM
Thanks Arrow. I'll head back today and pick it up.

Romero&Juliet
02-28-2004, 01:28 PM
YES! YESYESYEYSYESYSEYS~

Ricky 6 was a GREAT movie. Part true crime, part mindfuck and I loved every freaking second of it.

http://www.stardust-dream.com/~shanshu/photos/vktvguide02.jpg

^^^ IM IN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

the actors were all great and they had muucho chemistry, which really helped it along.

What's funny is that I went into it completely blind and had no idea of what I was going to expect.. its like a hipper version of Donnie Darko.

SPOILERS... Like... BIGGGGGGGGGGG SPOILERS!

From the opening monologue, I was expecting Ricky to do something to actually prove the existance of Satan.. hehe, to be honest I didn't expect his suicide AT ALL. I thought when, in the jail, he said he was "inviting" his friend, it meant he was finally going to make some sort of demonstration.. muuuucho sad. :(

Dignan
02-28-2004, 08:16 PM
This movie rocked the house down, and then some. Great acting, but the movie sometimes had a "made for tv" feel to it. Still really, really great. Especially the hallucinations- those were sooooo trippy. And the ending was particularly well executed too.

Ever wonder what it would be like to have Jesus Christ stalk you through a Grocery Store when all you wanted was some Sunny D? After seeing this movie, you shall wonder no more.

I'll give this one an 8/10. Pretty solid, but not without flaws. Perhaps could've used slightly slicker production values.

Gretchen_Ross
02-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Romero&Juliet
http://www.stardust-dream.com/~shanshu/photos/vktvguide02.jpg

^^^ IM IN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

i have said on the boards time and time again that i have a definite crush on vincent kartheiser. i even own "crime + punishment in suburbia" for chrissake! this story has always interested me, and i'd love to see the movie someday.

Cronos
02-28-2004, 09:21 PM
i reallly wanna see this film, i nearly got it off ebay last year but didnt, i really regret it now

Romero&Juliet
02-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Dignan

Ever wonder what it would be like to have Jesus Christ stalk you through a Grocery Store when all you wanted was some Sunny D? After seeing this movie, you shall wonder no more.

In all honesty, Jesus looked like a frickin BADDDDASS! Seriously...

Gretchen: I can see it now.. yesh.. yesh... a slumber party in the near future!

After seeing Ricky, I'm actually half tempted to watch re-runs of Angel.. Sad.. :(

Gretchen_Ross
03-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Romero&Juliet
Gretchen: I can see it now.. yesh.. yesh... a slumber party in the near future!

After seeing Ricky, I'm actually half tempted to watch re-runs of Angel.. Sad.. :(

i've hit a new low, 'cause i watched one with connor in it yesterday! granted, it was with the sound *and* closed captioning off...i suppose that makes it a little less pitiful.

why is it so hard to get ahold of movies like "ricky 6"? after working at blockbuster and seeing all the straight-to-video CRAP they rent, why can't movies like this one, that are supposed to actually be GOOD, see the light of day? argh!