PDA

View Full Version : I thought the new TCM Kicked ass

Chainsaw19
12-14-2003, 11:07 PM
I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!! i thoght it was great i love all of them very much but the new leatherface is boss!!!!!

TheJadedGamer
12-15-2003, 09:09 PM
That's nice. I thought it was a waste of time and too overhyped by every non-horror fan.

Chainsaw19
12-15-2003, 10:10 PM
You didnt like it????

chinton
12-15-2003, 10:49 PM
I wanted to like it. I had to admit a lot of the cinmentopgraphy was great but it was INCREDIBLY BORING. After the fith chase I was ready to go to sleep. maybe Ive seen too many horror films but a guy with a chainsaw just doesnt do much for me much like the original. I also thought the ending was ridiculous. Thats why I think the original is a film only of its time. I find the original also quite boring

TheDeadWalk
12-16-2003, 12:17 AM
The opening story was quite nice, and pulled me in swiftly, but shortly after that it lost me.

The fact that each and every Leatherface kill was off-camera or blocked away from view was slightly dissapointing. Yes, the original didn't rely on gore, but this one tried and failed with its main antagonist.

After the opening ten minutes, the film doesn't stop and pause for five minutes to tell us a story. It just keeps going from one quick scene to the next, like a never-ending bad music video.

*** Spoilers ***

The Jessica Biel chase scene was shit that was eaten, and shat back out a second time. How one goes in five minutes from a comatose vegetable nearly frightened half to death, then to a kidnapper/car thief/ Jane Ripley extrodinnare is beyond me. (Yes, I know Biel's character was a proverbial "handyman", but that was quite far fetched given the consequences)

It felt as if the director felt stuck in a hole and said to his crew: "Shit dudes. We've almost ran out of our budget... let's get this piece of shit done! Jessica, you hot wire the car, steal the kid, and we'll use our last bucket of blood on R. Lee! Walla! They'll love it!"

*** End Spoilers ***

Having said that, I feel I must state that the film was not the WORST I've ever seen, and was FAR from it. I just felt that the film didn't live up to its awesome potential. (Although, he could have been a slimy, hairy turd looking thing with wings. Yes Creeper, I'm talking about you, you fat fuck.)

DeaditeDerik
12-16-2003, 04:56 AM
I liked the original... but I LOVED the 2003 version!!! I honestly thought it kicked ass! And best of all... NO FRANKLIN!!!

Chainsaw19
12-16-2003, 05:06 AM
Hell yeah thats all that son of a bitch did was mone in the first. But i love all of them but like i said Leatherface was more brutal in this one