PDA

View Full Version : The Village teaser

RobertPaulson
12-19-2003, 12:58 PM
M. Night's new one THe Village is being shown on Access Hollywood tonight. I guess it will be available next week online.

If you want to check it out here is the info from Coming Soon:

Tune in this Friday night, December 19, for the exclusive broadcast premiere of M. Night Shyamalan's The Village. Access Hollywood will debut the teaser from the Academy Award-nominated creator of The Sixth Sense and Signs.

The Village is the chilling tale of a close-knit community that lives with the frightening knowledge that creatures reside in the woods around them and the courage of one young man who challenges the unknown. Check your local listings for the correct channel and time!

On December 24, you can watch the teaser trailer again at TheVillage.Movies.com.

Guy Strong
12-19-2003, 06:05 PM
I'm not a M. Night fan, but I'll check it out tonight.

m ali
12-19-2003, 06:25 PM
I will be checking this out tonight.

Raul Duke
12-19-2003, 06:43 PM
not enough in the trailer, but still looks creepy and good

darkface
12-19-2003, 09:12 PM
I'm watchin ET right now, waiting for Access Hollywood, looking forward to it! But don't forget it's a teaser, so of course there won't be much. But i trust shyamalan cause i've loved fall three of his previous movies.

ilovemovies
12-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Didn't catch the teaser but I'm sure it's great. Shyamalan has a real nack for great teasers. The teasers for Signs and Unbreakable and the trailer for The Sixth Sense were just BRILLIANT! (In Sign's case, too bad the movie wasn't as good as the teaser).

erinachan
12-19-2003, 11:23 PM
Just watched the trailer online. Really tense music very creepy. Looks really good here's the link:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/v/village.php

A.J. Hakari
12-19-2003, 11:53 PM
"I fear our days of peace are over..."

Looks like M. Night has scored an elegant, period piece creeper with this one. I'm most definitely there. :cool:

ilovemovies
12-20-2003, 12:08 AM
YES! Another BRILLIANT teaser. Not quite as good as the teasers for Unbreakable or Signs but OUTSTANDING nonetheless. This just became one of my most highly anticipated movies of 2004!

I hope it will be as fantastic as The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and the first two thirds of Signs!

darkface
12-20-2003, 03:03 AM
Not Brilliant, but still pretty damn teaserish! It felt really suspensefull. Just those red markings on the door alone got me a little scared, just knowing that they were in the village and they didn't even know, ...or did they... dun da dunnnnnn

Moviefan1234
12-20-2003, 04:13 AM
M. Night Shyamalan is a true genius. That teaser just elevated this to one of my most anticipated films of the entire year. I had worries about being letdown after the brillant Signs and the mixed script reviews had me cautious. But all those fears are now over. M. Night Shyamalan is a magician in the world of film.

Silverload
12-20-2003, 05:06 AM
Itís an alright trailer, just looks like a watered down version of all Shyamalanís other trailers.

Also from all the horrible script reviews The Village (I donít even like the title) has been getting I am not too excited for this one. But I do carry a shred of hope for this because so far I have enjoyed everything Shyamalan has given us in the past.

jolanar
12-20-2003, 05:46 AM
Shyamalan is the man as far as I'm concerned. I'll pretty much watch anything he makes after Sixth Sense and Signs.

Damned Martian
12-20-2003, 06:38 AM
It looks the typical Shyamalan film. Which means i'll be there, because it'll fucking rock!

Gone in 60sec
12-20-2003, 02:44 PM
saw the trailer and it rocks all the way looks like another great Shyamalan flick. Any man to have his debut film as "THE SIXTH SENSE" is a genius and to have UNBREAKABLE, SIGNS following just shows he can still keep them coming....

Fishbulb
12-20-2003, 03:07 PM
THE SIXTH SENSE was actually Shyamalan's third film. His first film was the little-seen independent movie PRAYING WITH ANGER (which he also starred in), and he followed that with the coming-of-age drama WIDE AWAKE for Miramax. He also did some work on the screenplay for the first STUART LITTLE movie.

Gone in 60sec
12-20-2003, 03:20 PM
opps my bad.... i guess i thought wrong but still great filmmaker no doubt

Ron34
12-20-2003, 04:00 PM
Yeah this trailer looks pretty tight. Cant wait to see it!

"You are fearless in a way that I should never know"

therealjohng
12-20-2003, 06:57 PM
The best thing about that trailer is that they use the score from Memento in it. And it gave it a more creepier feel to it.

Lynn Minmei
12-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Great teaser...I just wished that they pimped it as "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF THE SIXTH SENSE AND SIGNS". M. Night Shyamalan is not quite a household name...yet. Expect to see a ton of buzz on this.

APzombie
12-20-2003, 08:33 PM
Great teaser! Im pumped & the cast is freakin awsome!

Does anyone have links to those bad script reviews? Im interested in what they have to say, Night is concidered one of the most expensive writers in the business.

kiwihitman
12-20-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by APzombie

Does anyone have links to those bad script reviews? Im interested in what they have to say, Night is concidered one of the most expensive writers in the business.

One of the guys from Aint it cool news reviewed the script a while back.Oh and heres a review from FilmJerk

http://www.filmjerk.com/nuke/article603.html

Guy Strong
12-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Looks good, but the teaser for Signs was alot better.

Moviefan1234
12-21-2003, 05:29 AM

The weird part is how apparently there were a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. Considering his education at NYU that doesn't add up. Maybe it was a rough draft or something.

JCPhoenix
12-21-2003, 09:35 AM
pretty good trailer...i'm still looking forward to this despite all the bad script reviews...hopefully it'll prove them wrong (hopefully...)

did anyone else notice the music from the first part of the teaser was from memento? interesting...

Silverload
12-21-2003, 10:45 AM

Here are a few script reviews:

http://www.creature-corner.com/reviews/woodsscript.php3

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16151

therealjohng
12-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by JCPhoenix
did anyone else notice the music from the first part of the teaser was from memento? interesting...

Look 6 posts up from yours.

JCPhoenix
12-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by therealjohng
Look 6 posts up from yours.

:o ahh i ci c yeah i didn't get time to look through the other responses before posting (cuz i had to leave somewhere so i just had five minutes to post)...

well what do you think of that then anyway? personally i think it's interesting that he used that score...it sort of makes me think that the movie will be memento-style intriguing...

scottish-movie-freak
12-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Can someone do me a big favour and describe the trailer to me? I've tried to watch it a few times but my computer doesn't like me! :(

Thanks in advance!

therealjohng
12-21-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by JCPhoenix
:o ahh i ci c yeah i didn't get time to look through the other responses before posting (cuz i had to leave somewhere so i just had five minutes to post)...

well what do you think of that then anyway? personally i think it's interesting that he used that score...it sort of makes me think that the movie will be memento-style intriguing...

I think it just adds a creepy feeling to it. That score really is haunting in a film-noirish type of way. And it worked really well for this trailer.

chinton
12-22-2003, 12:08 PM
If you guys dont want to know the potential ending dont go over to the Talk Bakers as f ar as the trailer goes.

They hated it but of course they hate everything.

Still they just had to say w hat the ending. Apparently some of them have rea d the s cript. It better be fake because its a great e nding but I hate endings being spoiled

rushmore beauty
12-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Whoa, after hearing awful news about this movie from a weak script to other problems, I was surprised tof ind that this teaser kicks mucho ass...I seriously think it looks rad.

JCPhoenix
12-22-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by chinton
If you guys dont want to know the potential ending dont go over to the Talk Bakers as f ar as the trailer goes.

They hated it but of course they hate everything.

Still they just had to say w hat the ending. Apparently some of them have rea d the s cript. It better be fake because its a great e nding but I hate endings being spoiled

yeah i just got the ending spoiled for me when i was reading things over at aicn...

i dunno what to think...the script that was leaked seems to be a real one judging from what we see in the teaser...it has an element of surprise definitely (the twist that's in the script on the net) but it seems really sort of ridiculous in hindsight. we'll see though, i'ms till hopeful the movie is different from the script.

scottish-movie-freak
12-23-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by scottish-movie-freak
Can someone do me a big favour and describe the trailer to me? I've tried to watch it a few times but my computer doesn't like me! :(

Thanks in advance!

I'll just quote myself...

Anyone fancy doing me a favour?

gyro_44
12-23-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by scottish-movie-freak
I'll just quote myself...

Anyone fancy doing me a favour?
It shows very little, with William Hurt narrating over some ominious shots of the titular village. He is saying that they have always gotten along with the creatures in the woods around him, but now that may no longer be the case. Something along the lines of "we may have settled here too soon...". Then, this dude in some sort of watch tower, locking something in from the door on the floor.

The last shot is that of Jaquoin Phoenix walking slowly into the woods with the line ""You are fearless in a way that I should never know".

I love Shyamalan, and I do enjoy the creepy vibe here. The cast is also splendid. It also looks potentially silly... but I hope those script reviews are not to be believed, because they are pretty scathing.

Nachokoolaid
12-24-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Lynn Minmei
Great teaser...I just wished that they pimped it as "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF THE SIXTH SENSE AND SIGNS". M. Night Shyamalan is not quite a household name...yet. Expect to see a ton of buzz on this.

Night hates that shit. I remember they wanted to do the same thing on the trailer for Signs (saying "from the director of the 6th sense and Unbreakable") but he wouldn't let the studios do it. He wanted the film to stand on its own. I highly respect him for that. He talks about all this on the Signs DVD. Most people may not be able to say the name, but they do recongnize it, and usually link it with The 6th Sense.

adamjohnson
12-24-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Moviefan1234
The weird part is how apparently there were a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. Considering his education at NYU that doesn't add up. Maybe it was a rough draft or something.

Yeah, he makes errors. But big whoop, its not like its on spec or something, hes directing it so hes more worried about the content. That shouldnt count against the script itself though.

I highly respect him for that. He talks about all this on the Signs DVD. Most people may not be able to say the name, but they do recongnize it, and usually link it with The 6th Sense.

I especially liked when Tarantino listed in Maxim I think it was, as Unbreakable being one of his favorite films. "I really liked what M. Night Shama-lama-ding-dong did with that." Thats just classic.

scottish-movie-freak
12-24-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by gyro_44
It shows very little, with William Hurt narrating over some ominious shots of the titular village. He is saying that they have always gotten along with the creatures in the woods around him, but now that may no longer be the case. Something along the lines of "we may have settled here too soon...". Then, this dude in some sort of watch tower, locking something in from the door on the floor.

The last shot is that of Jaquoin Phoenix walking slowly into the woods with the line ""You are fearless in a way that I should never know".

I love Shyamalan, and I do enjoy the creepy vibe here. The cast is also splendid. It also looks potentially silly... but I hope those script reviews are not to be believed, because they are pretty scathing.

Thank you, my friend! :)

Man, this does sound like a groovy trailer. Anyone know what the creatures will be?

Something tells me they'll be along the lines of the aliens in Signs, I don't know why. When they say "creatures", it just doesn't give me the impression of Werewolves or Vampires.

chinton
12-24-2003, 11:36 PM
Just saw the trailer and it is fucking awesome

You know writing aside Shamalayn honestly seems to be the last if only director that seems to have some rudimantery idea of how to build suspense when it comes to horror films.

To me you can knock Shamalyn all you want for the water angle in Signs but were not going to see a more accomplished and subtle director like him in a long time as far as the visuals go

Shockwave
12-25-2003, 12:08 AM
You know writing aside Shamalayn honestly seems to be the last if only director that seems to have some rudimantery idea of how to build suspense when it comes to horror films.

My feelings exactly. Hes not perfect and i wish hed take some TRUE risks but hes BY FAR one of the best directors out today. He takes charge on all fronts, something that not many can claim to do, much less do it well.

Moviefan1234
12-25-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by chinton

To me you can knock Shamalyn all you want for the water angle in Signs but were not going to see a more accomplished and subtle director like him in a long time as far as the visuals go

I agree 100%. If he keeps this up, he'll be the modern day version of Hitchcock, in my opinion. He knows how to thrill you, spook you, and then make you smile in the next scene. Brillant filmmaker. However, I had no problem whatsoever with the water angle in Signs. I've never seen a poor film from him, and quite frankly, I never expect to see one.

chinton
12-25-2003, 12:37 PM
I couldnt agree more. I loved all of his films for many different reasons. It seems like every film of his to me has great writing and bravau filmaking.

It also seems like every film of his some sequence that made my appreciation grow.

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!

For example in Sixth Sense I remember sitting there in the theater and watching the scenes dealing with the crazy mother ghost in the kitchen, the girl under the tent, and the bike accident out the window scene. While I loved the twist I was mostly impressed by these scenes. They were small subtle almost insginificant but they disturbed me unlike few horror films had in a while.

As for Unbreakable which wasnt a horror film i marveled at how he too the comic book hero and ingratiated him into a very real drama. There is also symolism galore in that film like Jackson's purple lining of his coat. Yet, the one scene that made me realize Shamalyn still has it is when he accepts his destiny and goes to the train station having psychich flashes of all of those people. Incomparably edited and made. More importantly it made me excited

As far Signs I personally loved this film. OK I guess I can understand the water contreversey but I still thought the film was powerful.

But as far as suspense goes I personally think that the birthday party video scene and the pantry scene are some of the best constructed suspense set pieces in years. Notice how in both cases Shamlyn draws out the suspense longer than any other film today. First time I saw it I was practically hanging of the edge of my seat. Shamalyn has reconized and effectively used the art of audience maipulation in suspense like Hitchcock

End of Spoilers!!!!!!!!

Persoanly I do hope that Life of Pie means hes moving away from these Twilight Zone like movies. I love them of course but I am very excited to see what he does with drama.

The Sixth Sense- 8/10
Unbreakable-9/10
Signs- 9/10

now I am really hoping that Shmalyn wont dissapoint us here

Avid_Fan
12-27-2003, 12:30 PM
Neato :D