PDA

View Full Version : Strangest Pairings in Music

BorderEevilIII
01-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Strangest music pairings

-Michael Jackson teamed up w/ Eddie Murphy on one of his albums. Eddie always made fun of MJ in his ealy days of standup.

-Neil Tenannt produced Lza Minnelli's album "Results".. I am a bit choosy on Liza but hey Losing My Mind is one pretty good dance track...

bowieee
01-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Tom Waits with William S. Burroughs off the Black Rider album. Whoever is responsible for that one is a genius.

Psychocandy
01-05-2004, 06:18 PM
U2 and Johnny Cash on U2's Zooropa album. And it worked.

BadCoverVersion
01-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Psychocandy
U2 and Johnny Cash on U2's Zooropa album. And it worked.

Slow Dancing with Willie Nelson is another stunning U2 collaboration...can't get enough of that tune.

What about Dusty Springfield and Pet Shop Boys and What Have I Done To Deserve This? Brilliant stuff.

Also, Eminem and Elton John for comedy value.

Psychocandy
01-05-2004, 07:10 PM
I always found The Jesus And Mary Chain and Shane MacGowan to be an odd pairing. Shane provided vocals on "God Help Me" from the Mary Chain's underrated Stoned And Dethroned album.

Another odd pairing was Puff Daddy and The Foo Fighters. Can't remember the name of the song though.

Oh...and cheers BCV. I've never heard that U2/Willie Nelson number. I'll have to check it out. Kazaa here I come.

Jess
01-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Another odd pairing was Puff Daddy and The Foo Fighters. Can't remember the name of the song though.

That was "It's All About the Benjamins", and it 'twas an oddly catchy tune.

Weird pairings. Hmm. Well, I had initially thought that Wes Borland and Richard Patrick teaming up was odd, until I heard the song that is. "Awakening" by The Damning Well kicks a lot of ass.

Giselle
01-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Bing Crosby and David Bowie: The Little Drummer Boy.

Creepy.

areyoubeingserved
01-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by BadCoverVersion

Also, Eminem and Elton John for comedy value.

And then that hug at the end to top it all off. Trully bizarre.

Paul Kelly and Kasey Chambers in Australia was a little odd, because Chambers looked like a rock chick and Kelly like a laid back country crooner, when the genre of music the two of them works was, in fact, vice verca - Kelly's a singer songwriter with rock credentials and Chambers is our greatest coutnry export.

BorderEevilIII
01-06-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Giselle
Bing Crosby and David Bowie: The Little Drummer Boy.

Creepy.

Well as I heard how they hooked up was Bing went to England and sought out Bowie who was an up n commer at the time. Crosby wanted to be hip. And notice in the video that while they are singing Bowie keeps looking down at the sheet of paper. Bowie was just NOT feeling the vibe & compromised in singing his own take.

docholiday_13
01-06-2004, 08:11 AM
How about Puff Daddy and Jimmy Page for the Godzilla soundtrack?

And Bowie and Bing for Little Drummer Boy.

Romero&Juliet
01-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Run DMC and Aerosmith... what were they thinking?

BorderEevilIII
01-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by docholiday_13
How about Puff Daddy and Jimmy Page for the Godzilla soundtrack?

Oh goodness, the ONLY Puff Daddy or P-Diddy or whatever he calls himself ;) he suddenly sounded white. Now thats VERY CREEPY! :eek:

BadCoverVersion
01-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Oh...and cheers BCV. I've never heard that U2/Willie Nelson number. I'll have to check it out. Kazaa here I come.

It was a B-side on Stay (Far Away So Close). I recommend you download asap, it's absolutely blinding. You won't regret it.

:)

Raymond Babbit
01-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Alice Cooper and Donovan on Billion Dollar Babies.