PDA

View Full Version : THE PUNISHER...........

Pain In Da Azz
01-14-2004, 10:36 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/artisan/the_punisher/trailer/

is this movie jus some guy shottin people up to avenge his family??? please tell me he has special powers?????

Dead Halloween
01-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Nope, he doesn't.

spacemonkey
01-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Hes just a regular guy out for vengance. No superpowers whatsoever, he might have some military training but thats about it.

Then again Batmans like that too, and look at the shit he gets away with.

And hey, Daredevils blind and he can do his superheroe thing.

Pain In Da Azz
01-14-2004, 03:14 PM
batman had the nice armor and expensive toys and gun armored car.....daredevil sucked since ben affleck played the part so no call there :rolleyes:

but so punisher has no special weapons????? no mind reading ability?? no superhuman strentgth??? no x-men qualities???? aw man....whats so good about this movie then??????? :confused:

military training? shit, my uncle has that..... :rolleyes:

ukcats
01-14-2004, 06:10 PM
His special power is that he is a badass and we're not.

Dead Halloween
01-14-2004, 07:22 PM
He killed the entire MARVEL universe just by himself too.

The Rain Dog
01-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Am I the ONLY one who can't go with the whole moving-it-to-Florida idea???

Punisher IS New York City - like Spidey IS or Daredevil.

Punisher is dark and black and badass - he does NOT belong in the retirement pastel state!

RD:mad:

Billdemart
01-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Um when I was a kid Punisher had all kinds of freaking weapons. he kicked Spider Man's ass, and killed all kinds of freaking people.

Some military training? Wasn't he a special forces guy in Nam?

He hit the skull on his chest and some type of nerv gas came out in one book. He had vans with more weapons than a james bond car.

He was a killing machine. Not every comic book hero had to have super powers.

Captain America didn't and he whupped all kinds of ass.

XCoRyX
01-14-2004, 10:41 PM
regardless of his powers and such,or not, I am still checking this one out for damn sure...even if it looks and turns out to be the worst comic book adaption or film in general,curiousity is making me check it out,and i dont think it looks that terrible,looks like mindless entertainment....oh,and is it me or was Roy Scheider in the trailer?

The Rain Dog
01-14-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by XCoRyX
oh,and is it me or was Roy Scheider in the trailer?

No - not just you.

I guess he got a bigger boat:D

RD

XCoRyX
01-14-2004, 10:50 PM
dont ask why but i just had the biggest cheesiest smile of the day on my face from that remark hahahaha.....i actually think its cool to get to check him out on the big screen again,hes a great veteran actor...

Billdemart
01-14-2004, 11:57 PM
regardless of his powers and such,or not, I am still checking this one out for damn sure...even if it looks and turns out to be the worst comic book adaption or film in general,curiousity is making me check it out,and i dont think it looks that terrible,looks like mindless entertainment....oh,and is it me or was Roy Scheider in the trailer?

You should be safe. It can't possibly be worse than Daredevil.

Christoph
01-15-2004, 01:53 AM
I thought that looked horrible. Plainly boring with cheesy voices and awkward action scenes. Plus I might be a little bias because the movie that looks far superior; Kill Bill v. 2 comes out the same friday. But Punisher won't stand a god damn chance ;)

XCoRyX
01-15-2004, 02:15 AM
for a person that thinks Kill Bill looks stupid as shit,Punishers got my money and pick...

Pain In Da Azz
01-15-2004, 03:05 AM
for a person that thinks Kill Bill looks stupid as shit,Punishers got my money and pick...

i second that motion.... :p i don think bony uma thurman can kick ass if it were real...unbelievable.

spacemonkey
01-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Billdemart

Captain America didn't and he whupped all kinds of ass.

Um dont mean to sound like a comic geek here but, Captain America does have super strength and enhanced abilities.

Hes a supersoldier, part of a secret military project to create a perfect soldier. Kind of like universal Soldier but with patriotism to the hilt.

Anyhows, Punisher does use a lot of weapons though. As far as I know hes got a freaking arsenal of weapons and his good at using them. So that at least should make for a good action flick, wich is basically what the comic is about. The comic was never about spandex wearing heroes with super powers. Though he did fight a few of those if I remember correctly.

The Heart Collector
02-19-2004, 05:06 PM
According to Moriarty at AICN, it's pretty good.

Yeah, I thought "WTF" too.

Tweek
02-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Punisher is so badass.
If you do want to make a comparision, he's like batman, minus the costume.

Mr.HyDe807
02-19-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Tweek
Punisher is so badass.
If you do want to make a comparision, he's like batman, minus the costume.

And the fact that he doesnt take people in for the cops, he "PUNISHES" them :D

Tweek
02-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Mr.HyDe807
And the fact that he doesnt take people in for the cops, he "PUNISHES" them :D

That too.

Scarface98.9
02-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Due to a vow I made about seeing every new comic book movie that comes out, I'll probably see The Punisher, even though it looks pretty generic and boring. And it doesn't even look like the most interesting comic book-ish revenge movie coming out that weekend either; that goes to Kill Bill Volume 2

Tweek
02-26-2004, 01:11 AM
he kicked Spider Man's ass,

On dotcomics theres a punisher/wolverine crossover where he kicks wolverine's ass. wolvie gets a bat in the groin.:D

Cronos
02-26-2004, 07:17 PM
i enjoyed the original film a bit when i saw it

this looks a lot better, ill be seeing this, ive always been interested by the character and eagerly await this

Garmy
02-29-2004, 05:49 PM
If you really think about it, Punisher does kinda have a super power: he simply refuses to give up. Ever. He probably has a super-enhanced tenacity gene, or something. And he's tough. Real tough. And he has a lot of guns. And a badass van.

I'm still feelin' pretty open about the movie, despite the setting in Florida. It might be nice to see the change in feeling for once... and who says that he can't move to New York in the (inevitable) sequel?

NuclearMisfit
03-01-2004, 12:45 PM
The Punisher is just badass, Hollywood isnt.

I thought the teaser was more badass than the trailer.

docholiday_13
03-01-2004, 02:07 PM
The newest trailer has got me kinda stoked for this one.

It can't be worse than Daredevil.

Can it?

outsyder
03-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by docholiday_13
It can't be worse than Daredevil.

Can it?

No.:D

This movie looks totaly badass. And that R Rating is just more attractive. I mean, it's about time we had a comic book hero that not only kicked ass, but put a few bullet holes in it too.

That trailer rocks, especially now that I understand what they were saying thenks to quicktime.

Has anyone been over to their website? Totally confusing. If anyone finds any wallpapers, can you tell me?

MickeyKnox
03-05-2004, 01:45 PM
From what I have seen in the new trailer for The Punisher this movie sure looks badass to me, not to mention they got Thomas Jane, as Castle and John Travolta as the bad guy... Now when I first heard the news for this, i thought it was going to be horrible, but after seeing the trailer this looks awesome, so in guess we'll have to see what happens with it.

JoBlo
03-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by The Rain Dog
Am I the ONLY one who can't go with the whole moving-it-to-Florida idea???

Punisher IS New York City - like Spidey IS or Daredevil.

Punisher is dark and black and badass - he does NOT belong in the retirement pastel state!

RD:mad:

I'm with you 110%. This move makes no sense to me either visually, narratively, emotionally...or any other word ending in "ly". Florida and Punisher simply do not mix. Bad idea.

outsyder
03-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by JoBlo
I'm with you 110%. This move makes no sense to me either visually, narratively, emotionally...or any other word ending in "ly". Florida and Punisher simply do not mix. Bad idea.

No way. The Punisher has nothing. No one. He is all alone. He's a nomad, a vigilante No attachment to anything.

It doesn't matter where he's based out of.

Shockwave
03-05-2004, 10:58 PM
Why they moved ihis main base of operations t i have no idea, but in the comics the Punisher traveld around the globe after crime bosses ALOT!

..so its all good for me. The Punisher hung around New York, but it wasnt his stomping grounds like it was Spider-Mans, The Avengers or the Fantastic Fours.

The Engraved
03-05-2004, 11:19 PM
I'm going to see this movie because it rocks. I just hope its very violent.

outsyder
03-06-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Shockwave
Why they moved ihis main base of operations t i have no idea, but in the comics the Punisher traveld around the globe after crime bosses ALOT!

..so its all good for me. The Punisher hung around New York, but it wasnt his stomping grounds like it was Spider-Mans, The Avengers or the Fantastic Fours.

New York was needed for Spider-Man. I mean, where the hell else is he going to swing from?!?!:D

Shockwave
03-06-2004, 06:20 PM
New York was needed for Spider-Man. I mean, where the hell else is he going to swing from?!?!

I alwasy thought it would be funny if he suddenly ran out of Web fluid mid swing..

JoBlo
03-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by outsyder
No way. The Punisher has nothing. No one. He is all alone. He's a nomad, a vigilante No attachment to anything.

It doesn't matter where he's based out of.

It's not so much even the state of Florida as it is the fuckin' SUNSHINE! The last time I checked, the man was in the shadows, in the grime, in the dark...this film's first trailer made it look like he was hanging out at the beach and the local Starbucks. I just hope the film is dark, dark, dark. It's latest posters appear to be leaning that way: http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=3753.

Strider
03-07-2004, 09:15 PM
This morning, around 5:30, I saw a TV spot for "The Punisher". And unfortunately, I still have to say that I'm not convinced that this film is going to work. Since day once, I've had my doubts about this film. Now, I love The Punisher and the comic-books. He is only one of Marvel's darkest and bad-ass quartet, which include the Punisher, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and Blade.

Anyway, my biggest reservation towards the film is Thomas Jane as the Punisher himself - Frank Castle. I just can't buy Jane as this conflicted, emotionally-tormented, and angry killing machine who seeks vengeance and wants to punish evil people.

As for the film being set in Florida, I'm not sure I really mind, simply because the Punisher is quite the traveller in the comic-books. However, I will admit that Florida doesn't seem to fit the Punsher's personality or mood, or the darkness of the story. But I guess we'll see how it all works out, eh?

In the end, I'm not going to be expecting anything from this film, because I don't want to come out disappointed. I still have not been convinced that this film will do any kind of justice to the comic-book. Nevertheless, I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

Strider

Nachokoolaid
03-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Is there word yet whether this is rated R or pg-13? I'm sure there is, but I haven't heard. I'm praying for an R.

SkyNet
03-10-2004, 09:35 PM
jus wanted to point out that The Punisher has been rated R!

I just saw the official posters and the bottom says R!!

Im so happy, this movie is gonna kick ass! ESp since it wasnt made PG13 like fuckin Hellboy was!

And my fav roles of John Travolta are when he is bad... and in R rated movies being bad (my fav being FACE/OFF)!

Here is the site with the pretty tight lookin posters:

http://www.davisdvd.com/bin/extras3.html

Tweek
03-14-2004, 10:37 PM
as a hormonal, geeky woman, i dont mind the florida change as it enables more sweaty, sweaty Thomas Jane... sorry...im a little distracted......-homer drooling noise-

as a lover of continuity, BOO! BOO! BOOOOOOO!!!

rmarti3926
03-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Pain In Da Azz
batman had the nice armor and expensive toys and gun armored car.....daredevil sucked since ben affleck played the part so no call there :rolleyes:

but so punisher has no special weapons????? no mind reading ability?? no superhuman strentgth??? no x-men qualities???? aw man....whats so good about this movie then??????? :confused:

military training? shit, my uncle has that..... :rolleyes:

Any comic anti-hero who deployes a badass assault rifle with a grenade launcher on bad guys looks cool to me.

HeavyK
03-16-2004, 09:29 PM
I just glad there is another R rated comic book hero movie out there. I'm sick of all this dumbed-down PG-13 rated crap.

Tweek
03-17-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by HeavyK
I just glad there is another R rated comic book hero movie out there. I'm sick of all this dumbed-down PG-13 rated crap.

heh yeah. the punisher=pg13 would not work.

HHH123007
03-19-2004, 04:09 AM
I think the TV spots are great....I'm gonna pull a double feature with this and KB:V2 on opening day. That'll be one blood-filled movie day.

Scarface98.9
03-20-2004, 04:19 PM
I finally saw the trailer yesterday, and have to say I'm impressed. Unfortunately, I still don't think the movie will succeed

Jim H
03-22-2004, 02:16 AM

**MILD SPOILERS FOR THE PUNISHER***

He plays the father. The Punisher doesn't 'merely' lose, say, a wife and a child like in the original Dolph Lundgreen flick. He literally loses an entire family - parents, children, wife, etc. He's completely disconnected from his old life, which is what leads him to punish. Just a little tidbit.

***END***

AL Black Convoy
03-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by spacemonkey
Um dont mean to sound like a comic geek here but, Captain America does have super strength and enhanced abilities.

Hes a supersoldier, part of a secret military project to create a perfect soldier. Kind of like universal Soldier but with patriotism to the hilt.

Anyhows, Punisher does use a lot of weapons though. As far as I know hes got a freaking arsenal of weapons and his good at using them. So that at least should make for a good action flick, wich is basically what the comic is about. The comic was never about spandex wearing heroes with super powers. Though he did fight a few of those if I remember correctly. Actually, Captain America is at the peak of human performance. He doesn't have superstrength, U.S. Agent does.

As for the film being set in Florida, I'm not sure I really mind, simply because the Punisher is quite the traveller in the comic-books. However, I will admit that Florida doesn't seem to fit the Punsher's personality or mood, or the darkness of the story. But I guess we'll see how it all works out, eh? Personally, I think it might be able to pull of a form of edginess and make it seem really gritty, besides, how many movies in recent years have been in New York? Damn near all of them.

MisterTwister
03-22-2004, 01:12 PM
I was really looking forward to this flick, but now it has a "R" rating i am cannot wait to see this. Who cares where the Punisher is-He can still kick alot of ass. I'm the only one who likes the punisher kicking ass in Tampa??? This movie is a must see-for me!!!!

outsyder
03-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Jim H
**MILD SPOILERS FOR THE PUNISHER***

The Punisher doesn't 'merely' lose, say, a wife and a child like in the original Dolph Lundgreen flick. He literally loses an entire family - parents, children, wife, etc.

Talk about a proverbial kick in the balls . . . . :eek: