PDA

View Full Version : Super Millionaire!

George Newman
01-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Perhaps I was the only person who didn't get tired of the constant showings of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (other than the celeb editions). The current syndicated edition just isn't the same without Regis and Fastest Finger. So imagine my surprise and excitement in hearing that there will be a Super Millionaire at the end of January. The slight overhaul (graphics, new lifelines) sound good but the best part has to be the increase in question value. It's gonna be exciting to watch people try to answer a $10 million question, if anyone gets that far. I'm wondering if anyone else is glad that Regis Millionaire is back, for a short while anyway.

Lynn Minmei
01-27-2004, 01:18 AM
I'll watch it.

I was a huge fan of the original, until they started pimping it out EVERY NIGHT.

George Newman
01-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Lynn Minmei
I'll watch it.

I was a huge fan of the original, until they started pimping it out EVERY NIGHT.

I've never quite understood this complaint from viewers. Is it because it was a prime-time network show, and they felt that more slots should be saved for sitcoms and dramas? I could understand that. But look other popular game shows: The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, Family Feud, etc. They run 5 days a week; I don't believe ABC Millionaire ever did more than that. Could the scheduling have been lessened? Sure. But in my opinion, that's hardly a reason to turn on a show.

Haddonfield
01-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Regis also got a little tired of it. I always liked the show, and im glad we get to see a few more shows again.