PDA

View Full Version : Punishment and banning suggestions

The Delfonics
03-16-2004, 12:19 PM
I was just thinking randomly, like usual. I dont post much on this board anymore, maybe 2 posts every few days but i had an idea, a suggestion of sorts for the punishments rules. Instead of having 1 punishment, banning, there could be preliminary sanctions. Like for minor offenses or first warnings, you could take away the schmoes ability to search, use avatars, limit their posts to 5 a day, 10 a day ( i like that one, limiting posts), stuff like that. Some small things like that might light a fire for smaller infractions. I dunno, just an idear.

TheDeadWalk
03-16-2004, 12:41 PM
I agree for Jr. Schmoes and on up.

For infants though, if you can't obey the warning before you even complete your first fifty posts, then let the ban-a-rama run wild.

Nate6
03-16-2004, 12:43 PM
If people can't follow the (simple) rules of this board, they should be banned. Period. Regardless of how many posts they have.

Grebdron
03-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Nate6
If people can't follow the (simple) rules of this board, they should be banned. Period. Regardless of how many posts they have.

Word, yo.

What he said.

Annie Hall
03-16-2004, 12:56 PM

Right on. I've been nearly 18 months, which isn't by any means the longest someone has lasted, and I've been able to manage. It's not that hard to stick by these rules, if people are unable to be respectful, post in the right places and do what they're asked...why baby them?

Surely Jo and our other kickass mods have better things to do.

BorderEevilIII
03-16-2004, 01:01 PM
I think the admins are already observing those brought to their attention that might slide into that eject door in relation to the rules and regulations of the boards.

horrorfreak13
03-16-2004, 01:20 PM

Agreed I've been here for about a year and it isn't hard to follow the rules.

bob
03-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Hell, if my stupid ass can last almost 4 years on this board, it doesn't take a great artist to obey the rules. I say the current system works.

Boba Joe
03-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Read the rules should be the first thing any schmoe does when he or she gets on board. If you're dumb enough to break any of the rules, you should get banned. Reading the rules is "your first and only warning" IMO.

James Logan
03-16-2004, 04:10 PM
Rules are simple. Just be civil, and you'll stick around.

Jon Lyrik
03-16-2004, 05:02 PM
If my wacky and reckless ass has stayed here without a kick for this long, it really shouldn't be so hard to keep your cool.

Remember:

:cool:

Keep it. You're good.

JoBlo
03-16-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by James Logan
Rules are simple. Just be civil, and you'll stick around.

That's it, right there. We don't actually ban anyone for any of the other rules/guidelines like posting in the wrong forums or WRITING IN CAPS (unless you keep doing shit like that all the time), but we do ask that people follow those guidelines as well.

Basically, it's just a matter of RESPECTING others and as long as you can do that, you'll be here till the day we all die..... ;)

It's also to note that a few of the last senior schmoes to get banned actually WANTED to get banned and posted "goodbye" notes and such before getting booted. Of course, we don't allow those things, so we deleted the notes and banned them accordingly.

And as someone mentioned in this post already, we really do not have the time to follow sub-rules like warnings, etc... (also, I'm not even sure if the board would allow you to remove access to certain members for certain things, etc...)

When you sign on, you read the rules and agree to them. We ask that folks stick to that and all should be groovy along the way...

someguy
03-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Annie Hall
I've been nearly 18 months

Oh yeah? Well I've been nearly 32 months!

*looks at Annie's post count*

:(

Seriously though I have nothing to say on this. It's been explained already.