View Full Version : The Exorcism Of Anneliese Michel

03-20-2004, 03:23 AM
The movie will be directed by Scott Derrickson from a script by him and Paul Harris Boardman; the duo performed the same duties on HELLRAISER: INFERNO and also co-scripted URBAN LEGENDS: FINAL CUT. The film is based on a true case from 1976 surrounding the apparent demonic possession of a German college freshman, which the Catholic Church officially recognized. An exorcism was called for but the young woman died during the ritual, and the priest involved went on trial for her death. The movie will reportedly explore several points of view on the incident, in the style of Akira Kurosawa's classic RASHOMON.
From Fangoria.

Now you can't really call this a rippoff of exorcism. These two movies are both based on seperate true cases. Now that being said I am ecstatic. I loved the exorcist and hopefully this will deliver the goods as well. I also loved Hellraiser:Inferno. Now as for Urban Legends well there was no saving that film, it was doomed from the get-go and they only cosripted it. SO I won't judge them on that.

Never saw RASHOMON, can someone who has seen it tell the rest of us what we may be expecting?

03-20-2004, 05:30 AM
Dude this sounds way cool!

I loved the exorcist, but since then there have been really shit possesion movies made, hopefully this one will be good.

I really like the title, makes it sou nd VERY creepy...

03-20-2004, 10:37 AM
I have hopes, as there are not enough possession movies out there.

Rashomon is almost a style unto its own now, how one story is told different ways by different people who saw the incident, and you have to figure out who is telling the right version.

pyscho dude
03-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Well I hated the Exorcist but this movie does sound interesting.