PDA

View Full Version : What would you want in a Hellboy sequel?

Klownzilla
04-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Seeing that HB has topped the box office, there will most likely be a sequel. Which of the comic stories, or creatures, would you be pleased in seeing for the next one?

I've really taken a shine to the story Wolves of St. August which is about, you guessed it, werewolves. There's an awesome fight at the end with a huge lycanthrope in a church.

Marshal Law
04-04-2004, 07:07 PM
I'd like to see Herman von Klempt as the villain, and have Lobster Johnson in it, but a different plot than Conqueror Worm.

And I want Kronen to talk in the sequel.

spacemonkey
04-05-2004, 09:07 AM
I was reading through The Chained Coffin and others and came upon The Wolves of St. August. Damn, what a cool freaking story. Loved it and hey, I just noticed that they used that "tearing away the human flesh" technique for the werewolf transformation.

Van Helsing sort of ripped that off right out of the pages of the Hellboy comic, since I heard that the werewolfs in that movie do the exact same thing.

But Im guessing I would also like to see more of Hellboys full origin, I dont know how much they went into it in the movie, but Id like to see some of the elements seen on The Chained Coffin which I think is also one of the best Hellboy stories ever written, not to mention that it touches upon some of Hellboys origins a bit deeper.

Klownzilla
04-05-2004, 09:13 AM
Hey Space, did you see that new "Art of Hellboy" book that's out? It mentions Hellboy's conception many centuries ago

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS********

when a woman was having an affair with a demon. The child was dormant until that night in WWII. This doesn't appear in the film, so I guess it was in the comics at one point?

spacemonkey
04-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Klownzilla
Hey Space, did you see that new "Art of Hellboy" book that's out? It mentions Hellboy's conception many centuries ago

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS********

when a woman was having an affair with a demon. The child was dormant until that night in WWII. This doesn't appear in the film, so I guess it was in the comics at one point?

Yeah, that Art of Hellboy book is simply AWESOME, I havent bought it simply because it costs 50 freaking dollars...but Id say it was worth it, if I did decide to spend that amount of cash. Ive read through most of it though, everytime I go to the bookstore I give it a look see.

*********Spoiler on Hellboys Origin***********************

But yeah, that origin of Hellboy appears on the story The Chained Coffin. Its about a witch (Hellboys mom actually) who has a night of lust with a demon (Hellboys dad) and Hellboy is the offspring.

But aside from that the story is awesome because it shows the witch actually repenting from her previous evil life and trying to save her soul. And when she knows shes going to die, she gets herself inside of a coffin and asks two of her sons to protect her from the demon who is going to come and reclaim her soul.

Its got a cool "exorcist" feel to it!

Excellent story! Great art! I would recommend you go and buy it cause all the stories in that Graphic novel are great. It also includes The Corpse which is mega spooky.

countchocula
04-05-2004, 11:48 AM
More Kroenen please.

Klownzilla
04-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by spacemonkey

*********Spoiler on Hellboys Origin***********************

But yeah, that origin of Hellboy appears on the story The Chained Coffin. Its about a witch (Hellboys mom actually) who has a night of lust with a demon (Hellboys dad) and Hellboy is the offspring.

Sounds awesome! I'll have to check that out next time at a comic store.

It also includes The Corpse which is mega spooky.

This is the comic that they were giving free with the Hellboy passes last week at this one shop. I was reading it while waiting in line and it was a great story. I love HB's interactions with that corpse he's carrying around.

spacemonkey
04-05-2004, 02:54 PM
I thought it was good, but after reading it, I dont think its "the best" Hellboy story like many people say. I think The Chained Coffin is sooo much better. As is The Wolves of St. August.

In the Chained Coffin theres this scene that I really really found to be very good in which the witch that is Hellboys Mother is praying to God for forgiveness from her deathbed, while shes holding a candle in her hand. Damn what a good scene. Its so dark and brooding and the dialogue is so good that I love the hell out of it.

Let me know what you think when you do check it out.