PDA

View Full Version : BEST PERFORMANCE BY THAT TALENTED ACTOR, KEANU REEVES

SUPER LOVER MAN
09-03-2001, 10:16 AM
now, i know there is a worst Keanu topic, but thats no fair. Has Keanu ever REALLY been bad? From his brilliant performance in Johnny Mneomic to his captivating take on the dude in Dracula, his role have not only captured the hearts of millions, but have saved lives, because of Keanu, people have found a new will to live. LONG LIVE KEANU REEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nate6
09-03-2001, 10:19 AM
I think his best performance to date is in SPEED, but judging by the preview I think he'll be pretty good in HARDBALL also.

Keanu's a Canadian, therefore I'm very happy for him http://www.joblo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Danny L
09-03-2001, 10:21 AM
He was stale but still kind of creepy as the wifebeating white trash bumpkin in THE GIFT.

SUPER LOVER MAN
09-03-2001, 10:59 AM
indeed, he was good in speed, cause he played the lead, and he did succeed!

CriticalBill6966
09-03-2001, 11:31 AM
Ha none! He sucks, Whoa! The only good job he did was in The Gift. Good stuff. He wasn't in it to long (thank god) and he was very conviceing.

Jarheadiswhitetrash
09-03-2001, 11:34 AM
I actually thought Speed and his performance was WAY over the top, and that in General the movie was garbage.

As for his best performance that I have seen I kinda would have to say The Matrix just because I haven't seen all that many of his films.

Danny L's statement about The Gift, a film I have yet to see, sounds interesting because I think that what Reeves needs is a role where he doesn't play the goodie-two-shoes clean-cut-white-boy. This conversion to evil was tried in "The Watcher" but I think it may have been a little too extreme of a change and also he was simply not convincing as a killer, but this could have been because he wasn't given a chance to fill out his character. Still the dance he did at the end was pretty friggin' cool, even though like alot of his stuff it approached over the top, when it didn't quite make it it turned out to be a cool scene.

I've always thought that Reeves was capable but that he just never found his vein. It's true he does have issues with projecting passion in his roles. But I say they are only "issues" and not problems because he can still work with this crutch and pull off some good roles.

Unlike actors like Chris O'Donnell and Freddie Prinze Jr. that have no acting ability whatsoever and who should just be shot, so as to put them and everyone else out of their misery.

SUPER LOVER MAN
09-03-2001, 11:37 AM
Jarheadiswhitetrash, i do see your point...um hum

QUENTIN
09-03-2001, 12:44 PM
My Own Private Idaho, followed by River's Edge are his best performances. The Gift was pretty good but he was outshined by...everyone(well besides Greg Kinnear, but that's not saying much)...Matrix and Speed didn't require much, but he was atleast fitting, though both could have been better cast. He's not a particularily good actor, but he gets a lot more shit than he deserves because of movies like Johnny Mnemonic and his famous role in Bill & Ted. He's not actually THAT bad...

Jarheadiswhitetrash
09-03-2001, 01:24 PM
Holy Shit, thanks for reminding me.

I friggin' Love Bill and Ted.

"I'm BILL S. PRESTON, ESQUIRE"

Damn I havn't seen that movie in years I remember when I was a younger man, after seeing that movie, I started adding "Esquire" when I put my name on all my Homework Assingments. HA!

Horror whore
09-03-2001, 05:06 PM
I think he was Oscar worthy in The Gift..

rascle1
09-03-2001, 06:10 PM
bill and ted- that guitar solo at the end was pure amazing steve vai did a good job. and speed that movie still rules. and matrix

Antonio
09-03-2001, 07:48 PM
Not one of my favorites, but he is a good physical actor in such actions greats as SPEED and THE MATRIX. Also, his two best performances to date were in horror films: THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE and THE GIFT. He needs to stick to grieving husbands and vicious rednecks if he wants to showcase his talent.

thatdude
09-03-2001, 09:23 PM
Any movie that he doesn't talk in or isn't seen in.

EL_PHANTAZMO
09-04-2001, 06:17 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SUPER LOVER MAN:
now, i know there is a worst Keanu topic, but thats no fair. Has Keanu ever REALLY been bad? From his brilliant performance in Johnny Mneomic to his captivating take on the dude in Dracula, his role have not only captured the hearts of millions, but have saved lives, because of Keanu, people have found a new will to live. LONG LIVE KEANU REEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font>

The question is,has he really been GOOD? Is this a joke? The guy is bad, second only to Nicholas Cage. I'll admit he was good in The Gift, but Giovanni Ribisi was better, much better. Every performance is a rehash of his Bill and Ted's character.I keep expecting him to say Woah!
Sure he's been in good movies, Speed, Matrix, Devil's advocate, Watcher, Dracula... but he is expendible. Anyone could have done those roles.

SIREN30
09-04-2001, 10:25 AM
I was genuinely shocked at how good he was My Own Private Idaho and sincerely thought at the time that he'd go on to be a Great actor, no such luck. http://www.joblo.com/ubb/frown.gif

7_Words
09-04-2001, 03:59 PM
What the hell!?!? Keanu Reeves fuckin' sucks. His best performance to date was in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure... coz he played his bogus self http://www.joblo.com/ubb/wink.gif

"Like... Woah!"
"Duuuude!"
"Knarlley Dudes!"

Come on people, he's the definition of a "surfer".