PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Bruckheimer Vs James Cameron

Thrill Seeker
09-06-2001, 02:52 AM
The Kings of Action, Both Men produce some of the best action flicks around! T2, The Rock, True Lies, Armageddon ect.. But After a huge string of killer action movies, Jerry has the eadge over James. After Titanic, it would take something special for him to get back into the swing of things.
Bruckheimer is way better then Cameron

Jarheadiswhitetrash
09-06-2001, 10:30 AM
2 words: SEEK HELP

[This message has been edited by Jarheadiswhitetrash (edited 09-06-2001).]

Nate6
09-06-2001, 01:48 PM
Isn't James Cameron mainly a director while Jerry Bruckheimer a producer?

Jasonite
09-06-2001, 05:13 PM
James Cameron is a helluva lot better than Jerry Bruckheimer, not even counting that Bruckheimer is a producer, not a director. While Bruckheimer's made stuff like Remember the Titans (Not an action movie), The Rock and Crimson Tide, he's almost made crap like Pearl Harbor, Coyote Ugly, Armageddon, Con Air, and Days of Thunder.

Even if you didn't like Titanic you had to admit that the scenes where the ship was sinking were pretty rivetting, and that was the least of his action films. Cameron is probably the best action director of his generation.

J

ilovemovies
09-07-2001, 03:52 PM
Jerry Bruckheimer movies are usually entertaining but he doesn't hold a candle stick to Cameron. Afterall, has Bruckheimer poured his heart and soul into a project the way Cameron did for Titanic? Even if you didn't like the movie you have to admit that the movie is, to say the least, very well made. More well made than anything Bruckheimer has ever done. Cameron's action films are also better. I mean compare The Terminator, Terminator 2, True Lies and Aliens to Con Air, Gone in Sixty Seconds, Days of Thunder, Bad Boys and Armageddon. Even Bruckheimer's quality films, like Beverly Hills Cop, Top Gun(arguably), Crimson Tide, Dangerous Minds, Remember the Titans and arguably The Rock and Enemy of the State. I do, however, have high high hopes for his next film, Black Hawk Down. But after the disappointment known as Pearl Harbor, I am keeping my expectations lowered, atleast until I have reason to put them back up. The fact that Josh Hartnett and Tom Sizemore are in the movie and both were in Pearl Harbor as well scares me even more though not cause they are bad actors because they are both good, well Sizemore is anyway (I haven't seen him give a really good performance yet although I haven't seen O yet and I hear he is really good in it) but since both were in Pearl Harbor I am afraid of a repeat disappointment. It is noteworthy though to say that Pearl Harbor was directed by Michael Bay when Black Hawk Down is directed by the far more reliable Ridley Scott. Still, I am keeping my expectations in check.