PDA

View Full Version : George Romero's Official Site Open for Business!

CrazyKillah
05-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Check it out Schmoes, Romero's official site, apparently being run by his son, Cameron.

www.georgeromero.com

Awesome to hear him say that Dead Reckoning is on "high boil".

pyscho dude
05-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Cool!:D Nice to know Romero has a site again.

dellamorte dellamore
05-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Man, time to drop the lobster in the boiling water already .

Hey , did you see at the bottom of the page , GR refers to a couple of scripts he wrote on spec , this is what i think he means by that :

From a post by Jon Hurwitz ( writer White Castle ) on IMDB :

Yes, we shopped the script around as a writing sample, but that was only a tactic to get the script read by high level executives at the major studios. Because studios are submitted many, many specs (scripts available for purchase) each week, executives don't have the time to read each and every script that comes across their desk. Instead, the scripts are first read by assistants and hired readers who write up reports for their bosses, suggesting or rejecting the scripts. Most scripts don't make it past these readers, because either a) the script isn't good enough to be recommended, or b) the script doesn't fit within the mold of the kind of movies studios make.

end

Anyway , great news about Dead Reckoning and Diamond Dead , and i'm glad that O'l Georgie Boy hasn't lost his sense of humor or inspiration , considering how many times he's been screwed over by various business associates , it's surprising that he's not at all bitter ( well , maybe somewhat ) , he's still confident and optimistic about moviemaking , and he's pushing 70 , i'm impressed .

Now come on already , someone give this likekable lug the cash he needs to make his zombie opus .

the dead one
05-05-2004, 10:59 PM
'bout fucking time...thanks for the good word CrazyKillah!
The site looks FN Great!!!:D

this likekable lug the cash he needs to make his zombie opus .

AMEN BROTHER...:cool: