PDA

View Full Version : The Horror DVD Packs for under $10

noahx29
05-22-2004, 12:00 AM
I've seen some of these at Best Buy, and was wonderin if anyone's spend their money on it? I've seen 2 different ones... One has CLASSIC Horror movies from like the 30's-70's... and then the other has some from the 80's-90's and are just B movies I think... Im more interested in the B movie collection... I think it's like 6 movies or somethin for under 10 bucks...

Anyone know what I'm talkin about?

Romero&Juliet
05-22-2004, 12:06 AM
You really CANNOT go wrong with those things. I dont know what sets you're talking about in perticular, but if you're paying that little and you get at least one hit, you gawder made.

Besides, a lot of those are issues of flicks that normally NEVER see the light of day.

Saruman
05-22-2004, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Romero&Juliet
You really CANNOT go wrong with those things. I dont know what sets you're talking about in perticular, but if you're paying that little and you get at least one hit, you gawder made.

Besides, a lot of those are issues of flicks that normally NEVER see the light of day.

I agree. Pick those suckers up. You can't go wrong with that low price you're paying.

Same goes for the $5 bargin bin horror films. That's just a little over the price of a rental and you get to own it.

TheDeadWalk
05-23-2004, 11:37 AM
I went with the Bloodbath set... it was 9.99, not bad but I'm not terribly interested in any of the movies really. I've skimmed through them all and I may actually sit and watch Pieces.

I shoulda got the zombie pack.

adamjohnson
05-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah I have like 4 of these.

Most of them are lame, even by bad movie standards.

Pick up the old uns first I say, at least you get that 'classic' vibe. But all are really worth it.

Could Be Worse
05-24-2004, 12:05 AM
At a cost of $10, you really can't go wrong, but I owned the first pack, and the sound and video quality were pretty terrible.

XCoRyX
05-24-2004, 02:01 AM
yeah think about it for $10 your getting 4 or so movies, thats already without doubt lower then what you'll pay to rent 4 movies, so why not keep them forever and if they suck trade them...somebody always wants something.

adamjohnson
05-24-2004, 02:43 AM
Actually its 10 movies for 10 dollars isnt it?

Mine were. 5 disks. Double sided. Shitty Quality. Great Cheese.

Romero&Juliet
05-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by TheDeadWalk

I shoulda got the zombie pack.

I bought that a few months ago! Its one of the better ones I've seen around.

It features the super cool Freddie Francis flick, THE GHOUL. Absolutely one of the better zombie/cannibal(whatever you want to call the thing) flicks around.

I had been hunting it down for a lonng time before I realized that it was under a pseudonym - in fact, a lot of the cuts featured on those sets are.. you kinda have to watch you, cause you miss a lot of gems that way.

House By The Cemetary is uncut on that set, too. The transfer was shite, though..