PDA

View Full Version : The Eye 2 & The Eye...10?


countchocula
05-27-2004, 06:09 PM
From Fangoria.com...

The EYE sequels were announced shortly after the first film’s worldwide success, and now the wait is over, with a pair of follow-ups in the works. “Danny and I are teaming on the new EYE movies, and we’ll start working on the third one as soon as I’m finished with my new film,” he says.

In THE EYE 2, a young girl named Joey (Shu Qi of SO CLOSE) discovers that she’s pregnant after a suicide attempt. Right after that, she starts being stalked by a mysterious woman, who might or might not be a ghost. Those expecting a by-the-numbers retread will be happy to hear that, according to Pang, “It is quite different than the first film. People will be pleasantly surprised, because it’s not your typical horror movie. There will be a number of shocking images just like in the original, but this time we’ll take it one step beyond.” More info will be available soon at the film’s official site, www.eye2themovie.com.

The third entry will also go off in a new direction. “The third EYE will be something special,” Pang says. “It will actually be called THE EYE 10, and it will be about 10 ways to see a ghost. It will be a pretty funny film.” The director is also excited about the Cruise-produced EYE remake. “Danny and I are truly proud of it, but we don’t know anything about it yet. They’re just writing the script at the moment.”

Why bother calling them sequels? The Eye 2 has nothing to do with the original, and The Eye 10 would be more of a comedy. This doesn't sound so promising (then again, I was slightly disenchanted by The Eye).

Read the full story HERE (http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=2377).

X-Nightcrawler
05-27-2004, 06:29 PM
BRING ON more Pang directed ghost movies, THE EYE rocked!

I do agree that they shouldn't be called "sequels" though.

Elgyn
05-27-2004, 10:33 PM
"The Eye 4: Citizens On Patrol"

Tarman
06-03-2004, 02:02 PM
The Eye 2: Who Cares - I dont see why so many people thought The Eye was that damn good.I didnt really find any scares in the movie and it was kinda slow moving at that.Who knows maybe the sequals will be better

Scully1888
06-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Tarman
I dont see why so many people thought The Eye was that damn good. I didnt really find any scares in the movie and it was kinda slow moving at that.

Aye, but slow-moving's not always a bad thing. After all, The Exoricst is pretty slow-moving.

dellamorte dellamore
06-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Stick to the original , the sequel is so godawful dreadful it couldn't have been the same filmmakers that made it .

Tarman
06-07-2004, 10:27 AM
I dont mind slow moving movies and its not a bad thing but I went into this movie all hyped up after the reviews and to me it just fell flat.The elevator scene was the only thing good about the movie in my opinion.I was just really let down after seeing it.

Nekroman
06-10-2004, 03:33 PM
I just got a copy of this off bittorrent and I really liked it. I liked it even more than the original. It has a cool storyline and some good ol Asian spooky scenes. "Nuff said.

A.J. Hakari
06-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Elgyn
"The Eye 4: Citizens On Patrol"

Is that the one where The Eye fights Mr. T?

dellamorte dellamore
06-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Repeat , this film , Eye 2 is one of the most horrendous and cliched piles of T Rex dung that i have ever witnessed . It blows so bad , it would bring a tear to J Jonah Jameson's eyes .

dellamorte dellamore
06-11-2004, 09:56 AM
O h , forgot to mention , the thing doesn't have one legitimate scare to even recommend a rental , unless MTV jump cuts are scary , a failure on every level imaginable .

Murderous Squad
06-23-2004, 10:49 AM
I love the coverart for the sequel i might pick it up

Tarman
06-23-2004, 10:56 AM
Considering the 1st Eye was a pile of T Rex Dung I will pass on the sequal if I run across it.

dellamorte dellamore
06-23-2004, 05:22 PM
If your criteria for buying a film is the cover art , then your'e going to come across a ton of clunkers .

Murderous Squad
06-23-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by dellamorte dellamore
If your criteria for buying a film is the cover art , then your'e going to come across a ton of clunkers .


i didn't just buy it for the coverart i loved the first and that's the main reason i was just mentioning that i also like the coverart.

dellamorte dellamore
06-24-2004, 09:31 AM
Just trying to warn you , and save you a couple of duckets for a film that is actually worth your time , this film is dreadful , and i'm being serious this time , it is the bottom of the barell when it comes to horror films and not in a good way , because i love dreadfests when they are inspired , this one , wow , i can't really describe what trash it is . At least if there were a couple of scares , but there isn't even that . The story is one cliched plot twist after another , and the denoument has been done at least a hundred times already in other films from that region , with a slight difference maybe , these types of films have run their course for me , time to move on .

Murderous Squad
06-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by dellamorte dellamore
Just trying to warn you , and save you a couple of duckets for a film that is actually worth your time , this film is dreadful , and i'm being serious this time , it is the bottom of the barell when it comes to horror films and not in a good way , because i love dreadfests when they are inspired , this one , wow , i can't really describe what trash it is . At least if there were a couple of scares , but there isn't even that . The story is one cliched plot twist after another , and the denoument has been done at least a hundred times already in other films from that region , with a slight difference maybe , these types of films have run their course for me , time to move on .


Yeah i bidded on it on ebay but lost and i dont think i'm gonna go after it i'll get the first eye instead

rtatick
06-28-2004, 09:22 PM
The Eye 2 is nowhere near as bad as some claim it to be. While not as good as the first one, it is still very enjoyable and has that Pang brothers flair. Nope, not scary like the first, but an interesting, if overlong, film that shold be viewed once by fans. Just don't go in EXPECTING the first movie and you might be surprised.