PDA

View Full Version : Help me, please

Nightmare_Dreaming
06-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Okay, I started likeing horror when I was like 10 when I caught a glimpse of Friday The 13th Part 2, and Jason grew on me and became my favorite killer, and his movies became my favorite slasher flicks. So over the years I checked out all the other main slashers, Halloween, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Sleepaway Camp, Childs Play, Scream, Urban Legends, Jeepers Creepers, etc. And it wasn't until later I discovered sub-genre's such as Vampire, Clown, Zombie etc. So I checked out The Lost Boys, Near Dark, both Fright Nights, Romero's Dead series, Return of the Living Dead, Clown House, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, all the Phantasms, Candymans, and Pumpkinhead's. Recently, a new wave of horror struck me with Final Destination 2, Freddy vs Jason, Wrong Turn, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2004). But now, I have became interested in other things, leaving horror behind the past few months, and have stopped posting here as much, because I have trouble finding good horror movies these days. Can someone out there help me, and tell me some good movies which I did not mention in this post, or any movies in the rest of the series which I mentioned. I needta get back on track!

charles lee ray
06-15-2004, 06:09 PM
these are just a few...

Evil Dead Series
TCM
Dead Alive(Braindead)
Bad Taste
The Ring
Resident Evil
The Toxic Avenger
Redneck Zombies
The Beyond
The Gates of Hell
House by the Cemetary
Cabin Fever
A Cat in the Brain
Silence of the Lambs
House of 1000 Corpses
The Hills Have Eyes
Last House on the Left
Hellraiser
House on Haunted Hill(remake)

Nightmare_Dreaming
06-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by charles lee ray
these are just a few...

Evil Dead Series
TCM
Dead Alive(Braindead)
Bad Taste
The Ring
Resident Evil
The Toxic Avenger
Redneck Zombies
The Beyond
The Gates of Hell
House by the Cemetary
Cabin Fever
A Cat in the Brain
Silence of the Lambs
House of 1000 Corpses
The Hills Have Eyes
Last House on the Left
Hellraiser
House on Haunted Hill(remake)

I haven't seen 9 of those movies you listed. They are Bad Taste, The Toxic Avenger, Redneck Zombies, The Beyond, A Cat in the Brain, The Hills Have Eyes, Last House on the Left, The Gates of Hell, and House by the Cemetary. Thanks, I'll check those out.

heavy!!!
06-15-2004, 08:26 PM
[have you ventured into euro territory

dario argento from italy is a master of horror, check theses movies out if you like graphic horror, but beware some suffer from a little bad dubbing and weird plots, but that aside if you are a lover of horror you will not be dissapointed

suspiria
tenebrae (or unsane)
phenomena (stars a young jennifer conelly and donald plesance)
the church (michelle soavi, dir)
the sect (michelle soavi, dir)
deep red (profondo rosso)
inferno
demon 1 & 2 (lamberto bava , dir)

And if you havent already seen brit zombie comedy Sean Of The Dead, check that out its the mutts nuts!!!