PDA

View Full Version : Is This Cut ?

Complecks
06-19-2004, 02:10 AM
How do i know if my copy of EVIL DEAD:2 is cut or not?

Any particular scene that should be there? This is pissing me off, i got this movie ages ago and thought nothing of it apart from that it's a funny film. Then i bought EVIL DEAD totally uncut, and noticed how much gore it had compared to the second. I'm wondering if i'm missing out on something..

X-Nightcrawler
06-19-2004, 02:31 AM
If that cellar death (you know which) has blood oozing out for HOURS, it's uncut.

John Mullets
06-19-2004, 03:41 AM
Probably not, at least not cut from the theatrical version. For more info on the stuff that didn't make it in to the theatrical version, check the deleted scenes section from Evil Dead 2 on this site. (http://www.withinthewoods.co.uk/)

The second movie had much less gore. The only thing I'm aware that was ever cut from the theatrical release was a split-second shot of an unconcious Ash getting kicked in the face. That was cut by the BBFC for the UK version but has been restored.

Pestilence
06-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Mullets is right....the only thing that was missing in older versions of the UK release, is when the hillybilly kicks the unconscious Ash in the face....literally about 1 second of footage.

It's not a particularly graphic film anyway, and the missing kick has since been restored.

Cronos
06-19-2004, 06:23 PM
if its the dvd of Evil Dead 2, im pretty sure itll be uncut, i dont know about VHS though

Complecks
06-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Well it's VHS, and the hillbilly kicking Ash in the face is in.

This makes me wonder though, the scene where Ash puts his girl's head in the vice and goes at it with the chainsaw. Do you see the chainsaw actually sawing her head?

TheAxeGrinder
06-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Complecks
Well it's VHS, and the hillbilly kicking Ash in the face is in.

This makes me wonder though, the scene where Ash puts his girl's head in the vice and goes at it with the chainsaw. Do you see the chainsaw actually sawing her head?

No, just the shadow. Sam had to deal with Assholes Inc. (the MPAA) and tried to curve the gore, which explains the reasoning behind the different colours of blood. Also, if you're wondering if there are scenes missing (like why Linda's head suddenly has bile on its mouth), Sam had to trim scenes for length (or the footage was lost) and so that explains things. Plus, if you grab the Anchor Bay DVD, you'll find in the commentary the scenes that were lost.

Complecks
06-19-2004, 10:12 PM
That's cool, so i most likely have the uncut one.

It really baffles me how someone on a censorship board would think that scenes with zombies or any other monsters are too much for over 18's. I can understand some censorship, like mordum would have if it got a classification, but zombies should never be censored, how can that kind of gore do any harm ?

TheAxeGrinder
06-19-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Complecks
That's cool, so i most likely have the uncut one.

It really baffles me how someone on a censorship board would think that scenes with zombies or any other monsters are too much for over 18's. I can understand some censorship, like mordum would have if it got a classification, but zombies should never be censored, how can that kind of gore do any harm ?

The enternal question. The same brilliant reasoning behind the brilliant idea of censoring the North American cut of Kill Bill. Yeah, it's in black and white, so it won't offend me, even if I were colour blind!! No, I'm not dissing Tarantino, who made the smart move to go that way, but considering the foreign releases are in colour during the battle...

Complecks
06-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Same thing happened in Britain. The BBFC is no better than the MPAA. If anything, worse. There's stuff banned here that you can get in HMV in America..