PDA

View Full Version : Halloweens haddonfield Wasn't A Small Town

AliLarterFan
06-24-2004, 10:24 PM
It is led up to be a small quiet town In the first one anyway. Then all the sudden in Part 2 it has a hospitol. I dont know of many small towns with Hospitols. Then in Part 5 it has a Clinic for meantilly ll children. What???? In little Haddonfield. So ya now that it has a Hospitol, Clinic lets make it have a college. Yep part 8 now theres a Haddonfield College. Not a small college either. How many people live in this town!!??? It is not a samll town when it has.

1 A Hospitol

2 A Childrens Clinic

and

3 A College.

I'm just making it clear that Haddonfield although led up to be A Small Town could very well be a small city.

X-Nightcrawler
06-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by AliLarterFan
1 A Hospitol I don't know of any towns with hospitols. Small or otherwise. ;)

Anyway, blame the bad writing. Interesting thread.

deadeye
06-25-2004, 12:56 AM
Smaller towns do have hospitals (I've worked in a couple), but they were mostly "bandaid stops". Anything heavier than a nosebleed went off to a bigger hospital.

I agree on the whole college/mental institution thing though. Urban settings can support places like that. Not Haddonfield.

countchocula
06-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Small towns do expand with time. Case in point, Return to Mayberry.

alt0077
06-25-2004, 04:33 PM
my college town of clarion pennsylvania has a hospital. haha :) but its a really tiny town the college students out number the locals.

killuminati003
06-25-2004, 05:57 PM
well Hadonfeild haveing a hospital does not make it a big city....or "not a small town".....and small towns can have colleges to.....just not as big as the one in H:Resurection.....but hey maybe the college students in Hadonfield outnumber the locals there to?..............but the childrens center...that does seem like a place that would be in a larger town than they make out Hadonfeild to be.

alt0077
06-25-2004, 07:06 PM
my college has a child center too so it could be. you never know what people open up in a small town. my town has maybe 3,500 people. and we have had strip clubs and gay clubs and biker bars and who know what else. we also have a pretty large day care.

i think your just thinking too much about the movies instead of enjoying their awesomeness

Cyclonus
06-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by countchocula
Small towns do expand with time. Case in point, Return to Mayberry.

Haven't seen that movie, but you make an excellent point. It's important to keep in mind that it's been a quarter-century since the original Halloween. Haddonfield could have easily gone through a growth spurt, or even merged with another nearby town.

Elgyn
06-26-2004, 08:59 PM
First of all, small towns sometimes DO have hospitals.

Also, I was under the impression that "Haddonfield University" in Part 8 was just a small community college.

Utter
07-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Well there is a small town in Texas called Uvalde. They have a childrens mental ward, and also a General Hospital, and they also have a community college. If you do not believe me, check it up yourself on the web. Its population is under 30,000.