PDA

View Full Version : Dawn's third-act resembles last minute Christmas shoppers

TheDeadWalk
07-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Anyone agree?

Hordes of bikers come all at once while the zombies pound away at the glass.

Our caretakers of the mall who knew hours before via CB that the bikers are coming, decide only when they see their rival's headlights coming that its time to start locking up store cages. (analogy comparative to stocking the shelves)

That part just really gets me. Why the wait? You knew the moment the head of the raiders said 'We don't like people who don't share, and you just fucked up reallllll bad!' that they were coming to loot the place! Peter even called them raiders! So why in the fuck did you jerk off until they started coming down the main strip?

The only reasonable answer I can think of is that they didn't expect 300 soldiers to come thrashing through, only a few perhaps. I just figured they should have had the cage doors locked ASAP, and stayed at a safe and convenient location. The rushing around to prepare for the bikers fucked them up, and last minute tensions and emotions of Greed overcame and triumphed within the group.

This all being said, I also want to leave room for the rushed ending that seemed out of place. The Peter Washington "Touchdown Music" was severely out there, and after hearing about the original ending, I would have much preferred that. It would have took the comic book story to the dark side, as if every story has its end, its final demise. This didn't seem to quite capture, it just left hope in the minds that something good could happen. I'd rather of seen the end of it all, not just the end of the film.

zombievictim
06-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Your right. That's pretty funny