PDA

View Full Version : Sound ads

RicochetShaw
07-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Eh... I really don't mean to sound like a jerk, because I know the banner ads pay a lot of funds for the boards and site. But uh... is there any way you could eliminate sound ads? I listen to music a lot and they're very disruptive, not to mention annoying. Again, if there's no way just say so, I'll still visit the forums often. And again, I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining about everything, it's just the sound ads.... they're a nuissance. I'm all for regular ads.

Please don't kill me.

JoBlo
07-10-2004, 11:27 PM
No need to apologize, my friend...that's exactly what this forum is all about. We need to know what IS and ISN'T working for you guys at all times. We can't always make the changes we want, but definitely appreciate the feedback.

That said, I'm in the same boat as you and don't appreciate the ads with "sound" either (I've let our ad brokers know about this...who in turn, pass it along to the advertisers), but unfortunately, that's the way most of the paid ads are going these days and in order to survive in this marketplace (i.e. the site to keep going the way it's going), we need to run those types of ads as well.

A few things that might help you:

1) Turn the sound down (or off) on your speakers
2) You can actually click OFF on some of the ads
3) Luckily, most of these "paid ads" are only purchased for a period of a few weeks, so it won't last long

Thanks for understanding.

TheDeadWalk
07-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Also, you could turn down your WAV balance in your master volume. That way if your listening to a CD you're fine, the computer sound just will be muted.

TheJadedGamer
07-13-2004, 12:55 AM
That one ad for the Manchurian Canadiate scared me shitless. I was just sitting here amd I almost jumped through the roof. I didn't know what it was until I scrolled up.

I don't mind them, but boy, that one got me!

Kucha
08-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by TheJadedGamer
That one ad for the Manchurian Canadiate scared me shitless.

Haha, same here!

Batgirl1979
08-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Ditto for me, I didn't even see the ad, I just heard the sounds! lol. There is a mute button on the ad itself though.