PDA

View Full Version : New packaging for Day of the Dead

Sickness9
07-24-2004, 01:27 AM
It looks like Anchor Bay will be double dipping Day of the Dead because they are re-releasing it on DVD with new packaging. Get this though the rerelease of it will be on the same day that the 4 Disc Dawn of the Dead DVD is being released. Sad shit...

See for yourselves...

http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/product/product.asp?sku=DV12635

The older version put out by AnchorBay had gold lettering and was missing the text on the front cover the spoke of "the darkest day in horror..." blah blah

dellamorte dellamore
07-24-2004, 09:04 AM
That's more like sloppy seconds .

the dead one
07-24-2004, 10:36 PM
Me thinks you're making a mountain out of a mole hill...
Still say Anchor Bay is the better company in terms of giving the horror fans the better deal...unlike those FUCKERS at Paramount!

EVILxxx
07-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Yikes, I'm having Evil Dead flash backs. Although AB has a better track record than most when it comes to putting out DVDs they have been guilty of the dreaded "multi versions" cash ins.

JurassicMik
07-25-2004, 05:41 AM
Looks like the same version to me, just with different packaging.

the dead one
07-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by JurassicMik
Looks like the same version to me, just with different packaging.

It is...I just dont see what the fuss is all about. considering the unscrupulous things that has been done by other companies!

NuclearMisfit
07-25-2004, 05:39 PM
They need to release a 4 disc special edition of this one too.

Cronos
07-28-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by NuclearMisfit
They need to release a 4 disc special edition of this one too.

that would be great....

i dont think it really matters that they're changing the cover, at least it got a great dvd

pyscho dude
07-28-2004, 12:01 PM
I have the original 2disc design and it's good enough by me. A 4disc would be awesome but what would they put on it?

jagged halo
07-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by the dead one
Still say Anchor Bay is the better company in terms of giving the horror fans the better deal...unlike those FUCKERS at Paramount!

Paramount's a dirty word round these parts.;)

the dead one
07-29-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by jagged halo
Paramount's a dirty word round these parts.;)

Hey, we dont take kindly to people that dont take kindly round these parts...Why I Hates Paramounts! ;)

dan draven
07-29-2004, 09:20 AM
well a new look could be good for the better make of the movie. hey hey dead one.

TheAxeGrinder
07-29-2004, 09:21 PM
I think they just remade the cover because of the way the one flap on the digipak stuck out from the package (Bub). This kind of led to said flap being damaged if you weren't careful. At least, that's my opinion.

the dead one
07-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by TheAxeGrinder
I think they just remade the cover because of the way the one flap on the digipak stuck out from the package (Bub). This kind of led to said flap being damaged if you weren't careful. At least, that's my opinion.

I actually like the 3-d flap---to keep it from being dinged up, I designed a custom vinyl sleeve, tailored to the dimensions of the DVD----sweet!

Fettdog
07-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by the dead one

*looks at pile of Halloween DVDs* ;)

Seriously, though, AB are one of the better companies around, and they actually do give a shit about their product's quality, and not just making a fast buck.

the dead one
07-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Fettdog
*looks at pile of Halloween DVDs* ;)

Seriously, though, AB are one of the better companies around, and they actually do give a shit about their product's quality, and not just making a fast buck.

I hear that Dog, but you are correct about AB's ocassional habit of going to the well one time too often. But yes they do seem to put forth a great efffort, to give the fans the best they can.

*Loved the Halloween DVD pile thing...LOL;)

the dead one
07-31-2004, 12:14 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I have the lowdown on the "Day"DVD specs!

Day of the Dead
StreetDate: 9/7/04,
Year Released: 1985Rating: NRLength: 101 Mins.Picture: Color

Features
•Widescreen Presentation enhanced for 16x9 TVs
•Audio Commentary with Writer/Director George A. Romero, Special Make-up Effects Artist Tom Savini, Production Designer Cletus Anderson, and Actress Lori Cardille
•Audio Commentary with Filmmaker Roger Avary
Aspect Ratio:1.85:1/16x9
Dolby Surround 5.1DTS-ESDolby Surround 2.0

The Bottom Line...

This is a single DVD edition...thats it!
The up coming re-release in the new packaging, is shy ALL of the cool extras that are featured on the 2 disc SE!!! How sad...

So if you already purchased the currently released special Edition, this isnt worth your time. I doubt that they will release a 4 dics DVD SE, considering the effort that went into the current 2 disc DVD SE...The 2DVD SE is packed as it is, a great must have DVD!

pyscho dude
08-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Why would anyone want this edition when the previous one was much better and complete?

EVILxxx
08-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by pyscho dude
Why would anyone want this edition when the previous one was much better and complete?

It's probably cheaper.

pyscho dude
08-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Yeah but still for a little bit more money you could easily get the 2 disc.

the dead one
08-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by pyscho dude
Yeah but still for a little bit more money you could easily get the 2 disc.

Exactly!!!!:cool:

Andrew Tom
08-04-2004, 03:54 PM
But there are people who just buy a DVD for the movie! I know this sounds crazy, but I know a few people who do this.

So does this mean I can't get the two-disc set anymore?

the dead one
08-04-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Andrew Tom
But there are people who just buy a DVD for the movie! I know this sounds crazy, but I know a few people who do this.

So does this mean I can't get the two-disc set anymore?

Doesnt sound carzy at all, everyone has their own specific wants and needs.

The 2 disc SE is STILL available....:D

APzombie
08-05-2004, 01:11 AM
BUY THE TWO DISC AS SOON AS YOU CAN! AHHH!

This is actually kinda cool, now the 2 disc might be kinda rare, eh?