PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Of The Dead DC

slasherfan
08-08-2004, 11:13 AM
At least Universal are giving out Unrated cuts. Follow the lonk to see more of what will be in the unrated cut.
http://www.homepageofthedead.com/cgi/forum/forum.pl?f=7&m=11814

APzombie
08-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Wow, those are some truely gory screen caps.

Any horror fan should be happy with the unrated version.

TheAxeGrinder
08-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Wow, now that reminds me of the original, aside from the lack of humour it seems in those shots. Kudos to Universal for having the balls to bring us the DC at the same time to avoid the double-dipping. Hopefully FOX has something similar in store for AVP, but I doubt it, since Rubert Murdoch's an egomaniacal asshole.

Jess
08-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Wow again. The Unrated version's gonna kick so much ass it's not even funny. I can't wait til October, literally. I want time to speed up!

NuclearMisfit
08-08-2004, 01:08 PM
I hope they have the cool appocolyptic news broadcast as the menu.

EVILxxx
08-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Good stuff. I had a feeling that they cut the scene where the disembowled guy turns.

moose1132
08-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Wow; those look great. I can't wait for this now even more than before. This is probably still my favorite movie of the year so far.

BloodMan
08-08-2004, 09:31 PM
I ordered the Region 3 DVD (Rocks to have a region free player) Anyway, should have it in like a couple weeks or something. :) CANNOT wait!!!

dellamorte dellamore
08-09-2004, 04:12 AM
Now , you're talking babes , this is the film everyone wanted , this is the version that will convince some of the haters that the remake was a great idea and that Snyder did deliver but was forced to appease the studios . I always felt like something was missing and it frustrated me , even though i did like it , this is the cut that will become a classic , wowzer .

And they will even have some scenes of the ubiquitous talking heads argueing on television , that's a fantastic touch , and it goes along way in explaining CJ's paranoid , cynical , mistrusting attitude . The media is a powerful influence , and all he's been doing since the outbreak is watching people fight on television , among other things .

dellamorte dellamore
08-09-2004, 04:18 AM
Didn't know what you were talking about Bloodman , but yes , the Reg 3 version is scheduled for an August 17th release date , and yes it's the director's cut . Well , you know i'm not waiting until October to get the Reg 1 , i'm jumping on this thing right now .

http://www2.cdwow.ie/detail_results_2.php?product_code=12911

sharkstank
08-09-2004, 05:12 AM
BOOBIES :D
definately picking this up oct 26..damn, that a long time from now.

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kidsilk
08-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Those screens look great. Too bad we have a long way to go...

dellamorte dellamore
08-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Ordered the Reg 3 version this morning , no way am i going to wait until October to see this bad boy . Just hope it has all the extras that will be found on the Region 1 release . Even if it doesn't , it will be great to see it a bit ahead of time .

Kidsilk
08-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by dellamorte dellamore
Ordered the Reg 3 version this morning , no way am i going to wait until October to see this bad boy . Just hope it has all the extras that will be found on the Region 1 release . Even if it doesn't , it will be great to see it a bit ahead of time .

Lucky bastard....:D

Cronos
08-09-2004, 08:24 PM
verrrwy interwesting, this directors cut may make the film slightly better....i may be inclined to check it out

Khain
08-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Just saw the unrated version from the region 3 DVD.
Damn it was good...
Unfortunately, I hadn't seen the theatrical version (yeah, I didn't see the point of the remake, so I didn't move my lazy ass). Therefore, I cannot compare.

But fuck me, this flick had guts, power and creativity written all over it. Very different from Romero's masterpiece, but definitely an excellent movie.

8/10

dellamorte dellamore
08-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Does that version have any extras ?

superbeast 79
08-11-2004, 10:02 AM
i to am awaiting the region3 disc,cant wait for the extra gore.

SilentNight29
08-11-2004, 03:56 PM
I ordered it as well from www.play-asia.com

$19.90 plus $2.80 shipping is pretty good in my book. Plus the cover is sweet. I hope to have my copy in the next few weeks.

Fettdog
08-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Hmmm, although I'm really pleased we're getting an unrated version, there seem to be a number of different versions coming out.....

1. The unrated cut (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-90-15-dawn+dead-70-965.html)

This is available now from Asia, and appears to have the same extras as the US and UK versions that are coming out.

2. The unrated cut - PREMIUM edition (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ad-15-dawn+dead-70-a0i.html)

Not available until November, this seems to be a double-discer but it doesn't say what, if anything, is different to the extras on the 'normal' Director's Cut, though the running time appears to be the same as the one above (110 minutes)

I really want this NOW :) but I'm very tempted to wait and see just what this Premium edition is all about, to prevent double dipping...............

dellamorte dellamore
08-11-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm an impatient " sucker " when it comes to films that i can't wait for , so , just as long as the content of the film is the same with regards to the unrated Reg 3 edition , i'll buy the premium edition later also simply for the extras . If they are two diff cuts i'll feel pissed , but also happy , because maybe there will be even more zombie mayhem .

Kim K
08-15-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm pretty sure the R3 premium edition is the same as the DC version, but with all the extras, except the commentary, moved to the second disc, to make room for the dts track.

dellamorte dellamore
08-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Ah , i'll have my fun with the Reg 3 version , and wait for the ultimate , fantasmical , unbelievable , astonishing , director's mistres's cut of the film to be released , because you know that version will find it's way to DVD eventually . This time though , i doubt i'll import it .

The Reg 3 has all the extras the Reg 1 will , only thing it doesn't have is the DTS track ( i can live with that for now ) , and something else that's on the premium edition called " and more " , whatever the hell they mean by that . No matter , eventually i'll get another offering with the DTS track and more extras .

Hey something i just noticed , the SOTD trailer will be on the Reg 3 version also , nice move by Universal , and it makes sense since both are Zom films and both were distributed by them . My only question is why wouldn't Universal release the Reg 1 DC now with a SOTD trailer as an extra , before Shaun gets released over here in the US next month . The timing is suspect . Doesn't make any sense . It would be a great way to get people excited about it .

Sheriff Hobbes
08-28-2004, 03:16 PM
I own the German DVD of the Director's Cut. It's out since 8/19 here. Unfortunately I have to say that I was very disappointed about the picture quality since the contrast is very bad. The white color is so strong that it doesn't look good anymore. As soon as there is some daylight in a scene it gets very bad. How about the RC3-DVD? Did you notice that too?

Don't expect too much from the new scenes. You can hardly tell the difference to the cinema cut.

Regards,
Hobbes

dellamorte dellamore
08-29-2004, 11:32 AM
I feel the new scenes add so much more , the film has so much more impact with regards to the character's motivations and the deadly situtation they are in . The characters are fleshed out quite nicely now , and some of the scenes make more sense , plus we get even more zombie carnage and headshots .

Spoilers

I always wondered how the hell they got into the mall , well now i know , and it's an awesome little sequence . And now you'll know why the loading dock door had a couple of holes in it , and how much distrust Andre had towards Micheal . There is a great little exchange between Kenneth , Micheal , and Andre in the beginning that goes a long way towards defining the group dynamic and how they felt about each other . It was little touches like that that elevate the film above the theatrical version .

CJ's little barbecue in front of the gunshop and his subsequent escape is exhilirating , perfection , and the camerawork is terrific , that should've been in the original cut . Now that i think of it , CJ is at the top of my list as far as favorite " Romero " dead characters go . Finally a non pc , non pretty boy , non sentimental " hero " in a horror film . I hated his character at first , but the more i watch his perf , the more i appreciated him . Please , we need more characters like him , not the latest " it " boy , or some guy with nice hair and rippling muscles .

syxxpac
08-29-2004, 11:36 AM
That sounds fucking amazing. I can't wait to pick it up.

And Dell is right, CJ = GOD.

But Ving is still King.

dellamorte dellamore
08-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Spoliers

Oh don't get me wrong , Ving is still the thing , but i feel they're both on the same level , a powerful one two punch . Only thing that gets me down is that they won't be teaming up again anytime soon , def not in the sequel .

Peter and Roger's partnership in Dawn 78 was instant , there was never really any conflict except for a brief moment when they first met , Ken and Cj's partnership took time to develop , the trust and respect was earned with action , much like in the original , although it came about in a different way .

syxxpac
08-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Yeah, that's true.

I don't think the movie gets enough respect when it comes to character development and great acting, but hopefully the Director's Cut remedies this.

MisterTwister
08-29-2004, 03:34 PM
I got to a chance to view a screener of the director's cut of the film and it made me really like the film more. The charcther development is boosted up, things make more sense(how they got into the mall, why there is not much zombies when they leave the gun shop etc.) and the added gore shots kick ass as well. I recommend people who hated the T-cut to check this out.

Dawn 2004 T-cut: 8/10

Dawn 2004 D-cut: 9/10