PDA

View Full Version : Check out the new AMITYVILLE house

Klownzilla
08-25-2004, 04:03 PM
http://www.ryanreynolds.tv/amityville005.jpg

Behold the sweet, new residence. It's pretty good, but I think it lacks the menacing feel of the house from the original films. It always reminded me of a skull. I'm glad they kept the look of the two top windows, which I like to call "eyes."

Khain
08-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Klownzilla
I'm glad they kept the look of the two top windows, which I like to call "eyes."

Yeah, that was an haunting image, I remember when I first laid eyes on this house I immediately stared at the "eyes".

Inglorious
08-25-2004, 04:38 PM
It lacks that "I could actually run into this creepy house somewhere." Feel. It seems to theatrical. In other words, just as you put it Klownzilla... it doesn't seem very menacing from the ouside compared to the original.

But the demon's (Jodie's) eyes outside the window are what always got me... and the rocking chair! Ooohhh. It doesn't really hold up to this day though...

heavy!!!
08-25-2004, 09:49 PM
SEASONED SCHMOES SOME HELP

I just read the book the Amityville horror the past 2 days and have seen some of the various movies but many years ago.

Does anyone know the order they come in and which of the sequels if any are any good??

!MorganOnyx!
08-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Dude , that picture ROCKS!!!!! I happen to have big hopes for this movie, but in a way I wish I didn't! Just in case it turns out to suck ass big time! :p

DocPhosphorus
09-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Yeah, see... AMITYVILLE was awesome because I felt really uncormfortable while watching it... like, somewhere out there.. there's a house JUST LIKE THAT, and THAT'S What did it for me and these movies... This house looks like it'd be found in Bel Air Cali. Damn

His majesty
09-16-2004, 10:38 PM
That looks even LESS like the real house than the 1979 version.

Bummer.

Gluttony
09-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by heavy!!!
Does anyone know the order they come in and which of the sequels if any are any good??

Here's what I can recall:

Swindle incident.
Book.
Amityville Horror- boring clot of a movie. 3/10
Amityville Horror 2: The Possession- good first 2/3, bad last 1/3. 6/10
Amityville 3: the Demon- Atrocious flick. Boring as Hell. 0/10
Amityville 4: Evil Escapes- Hilarious in an inept sort of way. 5/10
Amityville: The Curse- Another boring entry. 2/10
Amityville 1992: It's About Time- Haven't seen.
Amityville: Reflections (or something)- haven't seen.
Amityville Dollhouse- Silly, very silly. 5/10

Moviefan02000
09-24-2004, 08:17 AM
I'm starting to anticipate this, but like I said, it's got to be good to be as good or ever better then the original. That is, if it's a remake, which I think it is.

Mentiroso
09-24-2004, 04:05 PM
I like it but not as much as the one in the first and second movie.

I am curious how Ryan Reynolds will do in this role?

!MorganOnyx!
09-25-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Mentiroso
I am curious how Ryan Reynolds will do in this role?

Me too!! Totally! I think he's great doing comedy. He was very amusing in VAN WILDER, BUYING THE COW and "TWO GUYS AND A GIRL...." but I was caught in two minds when I realised he had bulked up to star in BLADE 3. I saw a trailer for it the other day and STILL don't know how I feel about him starring in a "serious" film.