PDA

View Full Version : The Official CSI: Vegas, Miami and New York thread

NuclearMisfit
09-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Did anyone catch New York Last night?

Eli Cash
09-23-2004, 11:19 AM
I guess I made a mistake in expecting something different from CSI: NY. I'm not a fan of either of the show's previous incarnations, but Sinise really drew me into this one. Too bad it's more of the same generic awfulness. I might catch a few more episodes because I'm optimistic and hopeful that the writers will do something interesting with Sinises' character, especially considering the talent they're working with. If that doesn't happen, the show will prove itself to be utterly pointless and shouldn't even have been conceived. Sinise is above this tripe.

NuclearMisfit
09-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Sinise, is the whole reason to watch this show, hes a great actor and he brings feeling to New York. I really dug the fact that hes got a darkside to his chracter as his wife died in 9-11.

One thing that really bothered me about this show is they use alot of blue and dark colors in this show and its kinda hard to see, almost a grundge color.

daddiefatsacks
09-23-2004, 01:31 PM
i dont really watch TV that much, but every fall i try to follow at least 1 show (i usually end up failing) so this year i chose CSI New York and i liked last nights episode, and yeah, Sinise is such a good actor, he's always been

brodeurnumber1
09-23-2004, 02:29 PM
I forgot it was on, so naturally I missed it. I might catch the season premiere of the normal CSI tonight though.

DaMovieMan
09-23-2004, 02:39 PM
the original CSI will always be the best, Sinise or no Sinise.

I dont like the fact that they made Sinise's character lose his wife in 9/11. It just seems like another cheap way to drag the 9/11 tragedy.

Tonight's premiere of the original is what im looking forward to.

DMM

napkin
09-23-2004, 04:00 PM
CSI!! CSI!! I lost interest after the 2nd season. Now they have

2 more!? This just takes away from the 1st CSI (IMO).

Jas
09-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by NuclearMisfit

One thing that really bothered me about this show is they use alot of blue and dark colors in this show and its kinda hard to see, almost a grundge color.

That's what they do.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation has the green filter.
CSI: Miami has the orange filter.
CSI: NY has the blue filter.

Antonio
09-23-2004, 06:32 PM
Loved it! Aside from the terrific ABC disaster-horror epic LOST, this second CSI spinoff is the cream of the crop amongst this season's new series.

My one small beef: the actors need to put a little more emotion into their performances. I know, I know...NYC is a pretty cold place to be right about now, but I expect more energy and panache from the likes of Gary Sinise, Melina Kanakaredes, Vanessa Ferlito and Eddie Cahill.

Donnie_Darko
09-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by DaMovieMan

I dont like the fact that they made Sinise's character lose his wife in 9/11. It just seems like another cheap way to drag the 9/11 tragedy.

Tonight's premiere of the original is what im looking forward to.

I agree on both fronts DMM.

I don't think it was "cheap", but I think it was just "cheese". Yea, it's CSI:NewYork... so what. I'm just sick and tired of EVERYTHING that is NY on TV, shoving 9/11 down our throats. I was expecting them to at least mention it... but to have his wife die... BAH!!! Who fucking cares. Not needed. A show set in NY is a lot like a show about a Jewish family... you know damn well, that sooner or later (most likely sooner), they'll mention the Holocaust.

Tonight's CSI... cool... and Without A Trace. :cool:

Tweek
09-23-2004, 08:15 PM
i caught part of it... sinise rocks, but the show is "meh".

NuclearMisfit
09-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Tonights episode was great first we had French Stewart as a guest star but we also got to see Gregs first case.

Donnie_Darko
09-23-2004, 10:20 PM
...and don't forget the smoking hot Reiko Aylesworth. She left at the end, but I'm hoping she'll be back. Yea, her character was "bitchy", but if she sticks around, she'll mellow out.

So, a week of CSI premiers... good week I must say.

ilovemovies
09-23-2004, 11:32 PM
There was only one reason why I decided to watch the season premiere of CSI tonight, Reiko Aylesworth. Unfortunately she was barely in it and while it was an entertaining performance, she was SO much better in 24!

As for the show itself, it was ok, but rather hohum. Am I the only one who prefers CSI: Miami? William Peterson is a decent actor, but I like David Caruso a LOT more. Of coarse, Gary Sinise is the best actor of all the CSI shows, I taped last night's premiere of CSI: NY but I haven't seen it yet. Despite the fact that I hear it's more or less the same thing as the original and Miami, I nevertheless have high hopes NY.

I'd probably give the season premiere of CSI a 6.5/10. Unfortunately I missed the season premiere of CSI: Miami because I was watching LAX and I like that show alot more than any of these CSI shows.

B1rd_Po0p
09-26-2004, 10:05 AM
I like CSI: Miami the best - but I'm pretty pissed that Speedle died. It took a while for the characters to grow, which I feel will be the case for CSI: NY as well. I watched the premiere and felt no love for the characters yet. I'm hopeful though...

B1rd_Po0p
10-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Last night, I finished all of my chores, got cozy in front of the tube all ready to tune into CSI: NY --- and what comes on?? A CSI (Las Vegas) Re-Run!! What the hell?????????? Does anyone know why this happened? I was so disappointed... :(

Unicron
10-21-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by B1rd_Po0p
I like CSI: Miami the best - but I'm pretty pissed that Speedle died.

His Dead?!?!?!!?

We are still on Season 2 here.

CSI: LV is by far the best. Miami seems to only be recycled eps of LV with a small change.

NY i have seen a few eps of the net and so far im impressed. I like the gritty-ness of the Charactors.