PDA

View Full Version : Leguizamo, Hopper to Play 'Dead' for Romero

edonline
09-24-2004, 12:25 PM
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=filmNews&storyID=6322414

Leguizamo, Hopper to Play 'Dead' for Romero
Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:50 AM ET

By Borys Kit

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Simon Baker, John Leguizamo and Dennis Hopper are off to "The Land of the Dead," George A. Romero's return to the zombie genre that he made famous.

Asia Argento and Robert Joy also are joining the cast.

Written and directed by Romero, the story takes place in a world overrun by zombies where the human survivors live in a walled city. While the zombies are evolving, certain factions seek to overthrow the city.

The film is meant to complement Romero's earlier zombie movies, "Night of the Living Dead," "Dawn of the Dead" and "Day of the Dead," and to start a new line of zombie films.

Universal Pictures is distributing domestically and internationally. The European-based Wild Bunch, which is co-producing, is handling the film in France, Benelux and French-speaking Switzerland. The production is scheduled to begin shooting Oct. 11 in Toronto.

Mark Canton, who is producing through his Atmosphere MM shingle, said the film also will feature cameos.

"A lot of people revere George, and fellow directors and actors are calling to see if they can be zombies. I think it's a testament to George and the genre that he created," Canton said.

Baker will next be seen in "The Ring 2."

Leguizamo, shooting "The Honeymooners," next can be seen in "Assault on Precinct 13."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

RogueSpear
09-24-2004, 03:50 PM
I would prefer a cast of 'no-names', but since it's George Romero making a 4th 'Dead' film I'll pretty much take what I can get. At least they're casting pretty respected actors and not some flavor-of-the-month musicians and/or rappers.

syxxpac
09-24-2004, 04:02 PM
I just realized this is going to be a Mario Bros. reunion for Leguizamo and Hopper :p

Will this be another masterpiece for them? Only time will tell :D

Patrick Bateman
09-24-2004, 06:02 PM
LOL

"Plumber alert!" :p

pyscho dude
09-25-2004, 09:58 AM
I think Leguizamo is a good actor but it would be weird to see him in a zombie movie.

syxxpac
09-25-2004, 11:57 AM
You're right, it would be.

But I'm not complaining, 'cause I admit it - I'm a fan. The more Leguizamo in movies, the better.

Dignan
09-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by syxxpac
You're right, it would be.

But I'm not complaining, 'cause I admit it - I'm a fan. The more Leguizamo in movies, the better.

Damn straight. He's a criminally underrated actor and comedian and has dramatic range I've only seen in a handful of other actors.

About damn time he starred in a horror movie.:cool:

Cronos
09-25-2004, 10:07 PM
good news that is, its good to hear the film is getting a good cast, my anticipation is growing more and more

Pink Corduroy
09-26-2004, 02:07 AM
Suh-WEET! I'll be very interested to see where he takes the mythos he began lo these many years ago. Now that the zombie film is economically viable again, the Master finally gets some respect!

ilovemovies
09-26-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by pyscho dude
I think Leguizamo is a good actor but it would be weird to see him in a zombie movie.

I think it would be even more weird to see Dennis Hopper in a zombie movie.

sharkstank
09-26-2004, 04:13 AM
im also fan of the lez, and im stoked to see him cast here. him, hopper and AH-SEE-AH will no doubt rule. baker aint too bad either.

itll be cool to see em

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO