PDA

View Full Version : Oi! "Cube: Zero".

X-Nightcrawler
10-03-2004, 02:38 AM
http://www.uncubed.com/images/cube0dvd.jpg

"In the latest chapter to one of the most successful sci-fi thrillers of the last decade, a new group of unwilling participants frantically moves through an ominous construct of cube-shaped rooms. While some rooms provide momentary solace, others offer hideously inventive and painful death.

On the outside, a young man charged with watching over the cube is beginning to understand that there's more going on than he's been told. In order for all of them to survive, they are going to have to trust each other in navigating this complex killing machine. Even then, finding the real exit may not offer the freedom one seeks. "

http://www.uncubed.com/images/trailer.jpg

http://www.uncubed.com/images/trailer1.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although the images look kinda cheap, I'm interested.

RavenBlade
10-03-2004, 09:17 AM
consider me sold, I dug both films, so this
should be a fine ride, well hopefully.

Raven

pyscho dude
10-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Basically sounds the same as the others but I'll still check it out.

Fettdog
10-03-2004, 12:45 PM
I loved the original, but haven't seen the second yet.

I have to say though, it does sound like exactly the same premise as the first movie, but with the addition of this guy on the outside.

In my opinion, Cube should have remained a stand-alone movie, but that's studios for you.............

countchocula
10-03-2004, 12:52 PM
This wasn't shot on DV, was it? Eh, either way, I'm not interested. I'm sure that it will premiere on the Sci-fi Channel only to fade into oblivion shortly thereafter.

X-Nightcrawler
10-03-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by countchocula
This wasn't shot on DV, was it? REALLY!? Oh crap. . . I fucking hate DV . . . well, I'll have to find a way to watch it before buying anything.

countchocula
10-03-2004, 03:49 PM
I was just asking if it was shot on DV. I don't know if it was or not. The images you posted made me suspicious.

JayWolf
10-03-2004, 04:37 PM
I could care less about this. I thought the sequel was horrid.

I agree with Fettdog that Cube should have stayed a stand alone film.

X-Nightcrawler
10-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by countchocula
I was just asking if it was shot on DV. I don't know if it was or not. The images you posted made me suspicious. Oh. Well . . . it does look DV . . . I hope it isn't.

Gluttony
10-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Hmm... I am one of the few people who didn't care for the first Cube movie, let along the crappy sequel. This third one sounds like another boring load of monkey crap.

Cube should have stayed a stand alone film, though I still wouldn't care for it.

fear's soul
10-03-2004, 10:35 PM
i like the sreies.? i am also going to compare it to a more common sereis. the mATRIX.
both had solid and great originals that did leave 1 or 2 ?s but were still staples for thier genre. the sequel some what fumbles it up and gives us more ?s then we started with. and the 3rd hopefully will give us a strange closeur that didn't exist before, but leaves us still wondering. hopefully the thrid instalement will give us more closuer and less?s.

eat your fear

Lindsey
10-04-2004, 02:51 AM
Cube is an amazing film! It's on my top 10 list, (Number 7 to be exact!) and I'm excited for Cube: Zero. I was a little dissapointed with Cube 2: Hypercube, but it did keep me entertained.

adamjohnson
10-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Odd, since I watched cube 2 on Sci-Fi last night.

Cube 1 couldnt have been much better. Cube 2 went a litte too far with the special effects and stuff, sort of beyond its means, which hurt the film. But both I find equally intriguing to watch.

fear's soul
10-04-2004, 12:35 PM
i'm not sure if this will help or not, but the effects were neccarcary. see in math their are dimensions
d1) a line
d2) a flat object
it goes for another 5 or so. anywho in the case of cubes it is times or cubing itself and once you cube a cube you get a hyper cube whitch is extremely small, but can fit an infinnet amount of stuff in it. and by therory to get rid of any excess stuff to deterierate it once time over lappes.
that's today's lesson kiddies

eat your fear

Cronos
10-04-2004, 03:10 PM
i love Cube, i also enjoybed Cube 2 and will definitley see this, but will they explain what the fuck its for in Zero?

also whats the extra level that is being added to the story, the first was just them trying to escape, 2 added time to it, whats this gonna have?

fear's soul
10-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Cronos
also whats the extra level that is being added to the story, the first was just them trying to escape, 2 added time to it, whats this gonna have?

the 5th dimension. also known as destruction. basicaly the 5-d is when things are slowly compressed to ublivion umkay.

eat your fear

X-Nightcrawler
10-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by fear's soul
the 5th dimension. also known as destruction. basicaly the 5-d is when things are slowly compressed to ublivion umkay.

eat your fear Where are you getting this?

fear's soul
10-04-2004, 04:44 PM
colledge books, physics specificaly, read them when i'm bored.

eat your fear

fear's soul
10-05-2004, 12:19 AM
i made a mistake, the 5th dim. is when matter turns to energy and vice versa

Cronos
10-05-2004, 08:25 AM
very interesting

NuclearMisfit
10-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Im up for this as long as they dont have weird zero gravity corpse sex, that really disturbed me about Cube 2. :(

fear's soul
10-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by NuclearMisfit
Im up for this as long as they dont have weird zero gravity corpse sex, that really disturbed me about Cube 2. :(

how's that disturbing? they didn't even take off their clothes

eat your fear

NuclearMisfit
10-05-2004, 04:44 PM
how's that disturbing? they didn't even take off their clothes

eat your fear

They were buck ass naked.

X-Nightcrawler
10-05-2004, 06:19 PM
colledge books, physics specificaly, read them when i'm bored.

eat your fear What I mean is how do you know Cube Zero's about that?

fear's soul
10-05-2004, 11:29 PM
i'm taking a guess since #1 was 3-d and #2 as 4-d #3 will proply be 5-d:eek:

eat your fear

fear's soul
10-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by NuclearMisfit
They were buck ass naked.

i need to re watch it

eat your fear

APzombie
10-17-2004, 11:39 PM
Im a fan of the first and i thought this one would suck until i saw the trailer, which you can see HERE. (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2650450).

It actually looks pretty inventive, i loved how we didn't know what was going on in the first one, but if they are going to make sequals for it, I would expect some sort of explanation and not just the same damn thing.

countchocula
10-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the link. I must admit, the trailer is promising. It's definitely a different slant on the Cube mythos.

fear's soul
10-19-2004, 12:57 PM
sweet ass trailer

X-Nightcrawler
10-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Interesting trailer, this one looks different.

Also, glad to see there are actually TRAPS, unlike "Cube 2" which was void of them.

Cyclonus
10-22-2004, 01:06 PM
I really liked the first Cube movie. Hypercube wasn't as innovative, but it was certainly a watchable sequel. Now...it looks like the series is aiming for the "trilogy look." Okay, here's what I dropped by to ask: do you think that this time, they should try to "explain" everything, or should they preserve the mystery?

PS: Dead corpse sex--ewwwwww.....:eek:

fear's soul
10-22-2004, 01:12 PM
revele some answers (government conspiresy) but leave some question (why)

Cyclonus
10-22-2004, 01:16 PM
And is it clear whether or not the new film is supposed to be about this "fifth dimension?" If so, that's certainly taking the "Cube" concept to its most extreme limits. I wonder how all that could be conveyed on film, and in a way that goes even further than Hypercube. It could be a most intriguing way to end the series (hopefully).

fear's soul
10-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Cyclonus
And is it clear whether or not the new film is supposed to be about this "fifth dimension?" If so, that's certainly taking the "Cube" concept to its most extreme limits. I wonder how all that could be conveyed on film, and in a way that goes even further than Hypercube. It could be a most intriguing way to end the series (hopefully).
nope, it looks as if they are going to their roots

X-Nightcrawler
10-22-2004, 05:28 PM
This is a generic cube with circular doors, no fifth dimension . . . at least from what the trailer shows. Oh and that 'wire' trap will surely deliver gooie goods.

Elgyn
10-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Cyclonus
Okay, here's what I dropped by to ask: do you think that this time, they should try to "explain" everything, or should they preserve the mystery?

Personally, I`d rather leave the whole thing a mystery. I thought the little bit of explanation we got in "Hypercube" was too much. Those scenes were like a second-rate "X-Files" episode.

Other than that, I thought "Hypercube" was a pretty decent sequel though.

PS: Dead corpse sex--ewwwwww.....:eek:

'Dead' corpse sex? What other kind of corpse sex is there??:D ;) :D

fear's soul
10-23-2004, 07:15 PM
this looks a lot better then the 1st sequel. but theres not much you can do with a plot like a few people trpped in a cube and the cop or detective goes nuts, and only the cop

TheAngryJew
10-27-2004, 12:47 AM
Saw it via L.A. Screamfest, dug it quite a bit. Not as good as Pt. 1 but a huge step up from Hypercube.

Elgyn
10-27-2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by TheAngryJew
Saw it via L.A. Screamfest, dug it quite a bit. Not as good as Pt. 1 but a huge step up from Hypercube.

Good to hear it.

P.S. - Couldn`t you just be a happy, content Jew?:D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D

APzombie
11-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Well after The Arrows sweet review I am officially pumped!

X-Nightcrawler
11-01-2004, 03:42 PM
YES! I cannot wait, I was coming to say that I read somewhere that the gore in Zero was, I quote "Disgusting and sick." It also won best special effects in many festivals.

Thumbs fucking up!

X-Nightcrawler
11-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Not a fan of Arrow calling Hypercube "a gorefest" though . . .

fear's soul
11-01-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
nods in aggreance. it only had one good scene

X-Nightcrawler
11-01-2004, 05:02 PM
nods in aggreance. it only had one good scene If that, the theatrical cut only had the badass razorsphere but you barely saw a thing, very little blood. The original cut had the bitching 'toaster' and the alternate razorsphere that worked WAY better, too bad it didn't make it.

fear's soul
11-01-2004, 06:25 PM
toaster? me wanty nowy! is there any thing besides those kickass flying spikes in it

Elgyn
11-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Wow! I`m truly surprised to be hearing such good things about this third "Cube". To be honest, I was expecting this one to be pretty medicore. I`m surprised ONE sequel to "Cube" worked, let alone two.

The Arrow
11-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler

Neither am I:)

That was typo on my part and I have since corrected it.

X-Nightcrawler
11-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by The Arrow
Neither am I:)

That was typo on my part and I have since corrected it. Yay! I helped "Arrow In The Head" *claps hands together* *pats self on back* :D