PDA

View Full Version : Jaws 5...?

SpacePuppet
10-07-2004, 06:39 PM
I've heard rumors going around about this before, does anyone have any information on it at all???

Deep Blue Sea
10-07-2004, 06:45 PM
There was rumors of it going around a while back but I don't think anything has materialized. I read somewhere about a possible plot that had a school of Great Whites attacking Amity and Hooper coming to try and stop them. I can't see them making another though, I'm looking forward to MEG and a possible DBS sequel.

SonnyVanHelsing
10-07-2004, 09:49 PM
I think they should do a prequel about Quint's story - didn't he tell a story about him and his crew on a downed WWII fighter in the open ocean getting picked off by a school of sharks?

I guess it might be redundant now after Open Water, but it would still be cool.

Deep Blue Sea
10-07-2004, 10:56 PM
There was rumors of that movie too, Spielberg was going to do it and Russell Crowe was tagged to play the young Quint....I think it's in developmental hell now though.

Cronos
10-08-2004, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Deep Blue Sea
....I think it's in developmental hell now though.

and lets hope it stays there

moobycow
10-08-2004, 07:55 AM
I think the movie would work brilliantly but without Quint being the main character. You should read in harms way - great book and speilberg would be perfect role for director.

the dead one
10-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Cronos
and lets hope it stays there

I TOTALLY agree! From what I do understand about sharks, is that they have to constantly move forward or they die....What we have on our hands is a DEAD shark!

Move the hell on already folks, theres nothing to see here that we havent already seen. Jaws 5???????

In the words of the late great Robert Shaw....Jesus H. Christ!!!:rolleyes:

Deep Blue Sea
10-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by the dead one
I Move the hell on already folks

I guess the same can be said for Jason X, Freddy vs. Jason, Seed Of Chucky, and the upcoming Living Dead sequels as well? :rolleyes:

the dead one
10-08-2004, 07:23 PM
I guess the same can be said for Jason X, Freddy vs. Jason, Seed Of Chucky, and the upcoming Living Dead sequels as well? :rolleyes:

Hey, if you enjoy being inudated by this trend of repetitive candy assed marketing schemes that have mindless mass appeal, more power to you!

I choose not to follow the flock of sheep....baaaa!baaaa!:mad: :rolleyes:

p1phillips
10-09-2004, 03:02 AM
I think I'd prefer a sequel to Deep Blue Sea than another Jaws film. I liked Jaws and Jaws 2, but parts 3 and 4 were terrible.

But it looks as if sharks are in at the moment, with Meg getting the greenlight. I didn't like the book much, but it would definitely make a great action horror flick.

I love sharks, though, so any new shark film will get me interested.

I believe the downed WWII fighter story was told in the 1991 TV movie Mission Of The Shark starring Stacy Keach.

DocPhosphorus
10-11-2004, 10:17 AM
JAWS 5 May be cool, but with Today's Technology... it'd be just like every other Shark Movie, Nothing new to live up to the JAWS name.

SpacePuppet
10-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by DocPhosphorus
JAWS 5 May be cool, but with Today's Technology... it'd be just like every other Shark Movie, Nothing new to live up to the JAWS name.

I thought that too, it's not gonna seem like a 'Jaws' film if the shark doesn't look fake.

Elgyn
10-11-2004, 10:04 PM

There`s a difference.
Jason, Freddy, Chucky, and Romero`s zombies are make-believe boogeymen.

"Jaws" was supposed to be about ONE real live shark.

Cyclonus
10-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Is some studio executive actually thinking about making another Jaws movie? Sure, the first was great back in 1975, but there's only so many ways to make an entire film about a shark (even one of these great whites). I'm sure everyone here has heard plenty of negative things about Jaws: The Revenge, one of the most hated movie sequels ever. Even if part 5 did end up being reasonably good, it would still have the stigma of part 4 to overcome. I'm not saying it couldn't be pulled off, but it's hard to imagine how anyone could think it's worth the bother.

For the record, I only saw the first one.

jagged halo
10-22-2004, 12:37 PM
It's worth the bother to Hollywood because they're running on empty, Jaws 5, the title says it all:rolleyes:

Wolfman
10-22-2004, 04:17 PM
It's not necessarily that they're running on empty. It's that they're aiming too high. It's like the scrawny white kid down the street who thinks he can be an NBA star when he grows up. You're like, "Dude, maybe you should try hitting the books instead of waiting to be the next Lebron James".

Hollywood makes lots of good movies, and even a few great ones. The problem is, they want every movie to be a sure-fire blockbuster, and not every movie will. A Jaws 5 would bring in a larger initial crowd than a Deep Blue Sea 2.

jagged halo
10-22-2004, 05:01 PM
That's my point entirely, a title like Jaws 5 may well receive huge attention intialy, but I'd stake my house, that after only a matter of weeks it will sink faster than the Orca.

All I can hear out of Hollywood lately is; "back story, back story":rolleyes:

Elgyn
10-22-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by jagged halo

All I can hear out of Hollywood lately is; "back story, back story":rolleyes:

LOL, maybe this`ll be a prequel, JAWS: The Beginning.

jagged halo
10-23-2004, 06:29 AM
Don't you just know it!!!;)

NuclearMisfit
10-23-2004, 07:14 AM
the movie is dead in the water without atleast one Brody in the film, i could see a prequel but Jaws has been done and its safe to go back in the water.

jagged halo
10-23-2004, 07:34 AM
I'm working on a film of my own, titled; Sequels Prequels & Remakes:D

the dead one
10-23-2004, 06:01 PM

Can I Direct it? :D ;)

Elgyn
10-23-2004, 10:15 PM

After it`s released, you can make a prequel called Sequels Prequels & Remakes: The Beginning.:D

jagged halo
10-24-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by the dead one
Can I Direct it? :D ;)

If your name's not Anderson then yes, be my guest!!:D

jagged halo
10-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Elgyn
After it`s released, you can make a prequel called Sequels Prequels & Remakes: The Beginning.:D

Lol! I wouldn't know where to start:D ;)

Pink Corduroy
10-25-2004, 04:02 AM

You forgot "Reimaginings".

As far as the "Quint backstory" goes, I think even that is a lame idea. The beauty of Quint's account in the original is its celebration of good old-fashioned oral storytelling, using camerawork, editing, lighting, etc., merely to accentuate the drama inherent in the spoken tale. Quint's telling of the story, WAS the story, if that makes any sense. To make a film of Quint's tale would, in my opinion, miss the point of what was, in the original, a rather subversive use of cinema.

Just a thought.

jagged halo
10-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Remakes = Reimaginings in my book:D

Quints character is the icing on the cake, Spielberg must have creamed himself knowing he had such a winning formula - three thoroughly fleshed out characters, oh and a rubber shark.

Making a film dedicated to Quint would serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever, the sequels were bad enough.

son_of_arrow
11-10-2004, 05:17 PM
This smells like my neighbours front lawn, that his dog uses for a commode.

Lets leave it alone......the greatest movie ever made does not need anymore hurtfull sequels to further tarnish it's reputation.

I still get teary eyed when I watch Back to the future part two and ... and ...(runs off and cries becuase no one understands)

Bear
11-10-2004, 06:57 PM
SPOILERS:I really hope MEG gets made.I have read the book and own it and it is sweet. The first pages few a fuckin' dinosaur gets chomped! I'd love to see that on screen. But I'm a huge fan of Jaws and wouldn't mind a fifth outing. Another book that should be made into a flick is Christopher Pike's MONSTER... what an awesome book.