PDA

View Full Version : Red Dragon

alexia
10-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Can someone please help me I have to do a review of a horror movie for Film Studies, and the only two movies I can think of that I own, that are slightly scary are Red Dragon and The Devil's advocate. Are these horror? or will I just get laughed at? Please help

C-Desecration-
10-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Red Dragon is definitely horror. Devil's Advocate haven't seen, but you should be able to pull that one off too.

Anything suspense/thriller/etc is basically a subgenre of horror (movies like Sixth Sense would be horror too). So as long as you don't do My Best Friend's Wedding you should be all right.

C-Des
10-15-2004, 01:47 PM
So you want a scary film?

Try..Jacobs Ladder, The Eye (japanese), Ringu, August Underground's Mordum, The Exorcist, The Grudge (japanese)..phh, i can't think of many, but all these are great films..if you havn't seen them, have a look on eBay, ask around, it's worth it.

TheAxeGrinder
10-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Red Dragon isn't that scary, unless you count seeing Fiennes' 'Pink Dragon' as scary.

Try Halloween (an oldie but a goodie) or The Exorcist. The Blair Witch Project is another (though I think it would be a popular choice), as is Alien. Heck, try Evil Dead and introduce your prof to Bruce Campbell!

jagged halo
10-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Personaly I'd steer well clear of Red Dragon, awful film, one that I will never watch again. Listen to The Axe Grinder, he speaketh the truth!;)

X-Nightcrawler
10-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by alexia
Can someone please help me I have to do a review of a horror movie for Film Studies, and the only two movies I can think of that I own, that are slightly scary are Red Dragon and The Devil's advocate. Are these horror? or will I just get laughed at? Please help Any of those would do. But if you want something more horror-ish, drive down to the videostore and snatch one of them horror movies like "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (I like the remake better, but i'm in the vast minority) or "A Nightmare On Elm Street".

But "Red Dragon" (definitely underrated) and "Devil's Advocate" should work and both are decent movies. The latter's fantastic.

Khain
10-16-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by jagged halo
Personaly I'd steer well clear of Red Dragon, awful film, one that I will never watch again.

I second that.
Hopkins was laughable, and the directing was one of the most uninspired I have seen recently.

jagged halo
10-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Seconded!:D ;)