PDA

View Full Version : Cate vs. Kate

urbanlegend23
03-05-2002, 09:35 PM
Who do you like better - Kate Winslet or Cate Blanchett? Winslet has been great for a longer time than Winslet, but then again Blanchett has kept at it and worked very hard, and proved to us she can play any character.

I pledge my vote to Cate Blanchett, but only just. What do you think?

gyro_44
03-05-2002, 09:57 PM
Puhlease! Winslet would devour Blanchett in an instant!

AngelinaJolieLover
03-05-2002, 10:16 PM
Oh please!!! Like its ANY competition.
let's just say one of these 2 ladies can act, one of these 2 ladies has range. the other also can act, but unfortunately she always plays the same character, which is not true talent. One of these women is amazing .. here's a few clues who my pick is:

Oscar and Lucinda
Elizabeth
An Ideal Husband
Pushing Tin
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Bangers
The Man Who Cried
The Gift
Bandits
Lord of the Rings
Charlotte Gray
The Shipping News
Heaven

There is no competition
Cate Blanchett is the best.

Antonio
03-05-2002, 11:20 PM
Blanchett all the way, although I've seen Winslet in more, and more of Winslet.

idealdiscountdude
03-05-2002, 11:45 PM
Cate Blanchett has the edge, however Kate Winslet is fantastic herself. Both are two of the best actresses Hollywood today!

Puck Bond
03-06-2002, 12:25 AM
Goddamn this is a tough choice...considering these are two of my favorite actresses right now. To be honest I am kind of in love with Kate Winslet...my ideal sort of gal(partly cause I'm English) and she seems so cool...plus I do love that rack!! http://www.joblo.com/ubb/wink.gif http://www.joblo.com/ubb/wink.gif http://www.joblo.com/ubb/wink.gif

On the other hand I do think Cate Blanchett has the slight edge in acting ability...mainly because she has shown alot of range and has really pushed herself lately. I still havent seen Iris yet but I plan to this weekend mainly for Kate.

ColinM
03-06-2002, 07:33 PM
I'd say it's almost dead even. The two of them are two of the most talented ladies in Hollywood today.

Good topic.

SAI
03-07-2002, 07:58 AM
Damn, tough choice this.
I've seen more of Winslet (yes Antonio, in more ways than one) and been impressed with every performance she has given.

Blanchett was incredible when I saw her on stage and is no less good in film.

If I HAVE to choose I'd probably go with Blanchett but both are hugely talented. I'm amazed niether of them have oscars yet but I'm sure that they'll both win in the future.

Jaylee
03-07-2002, 08:18 AM
While I agree that Kate Winslet is a wonderful actress, I feel that Cate Blanchett has a load more talent up her sleeve.. and she will continue to shine on the screen...

I am still pissed that she wasn't awarded the Best Actress Oscar for her role in ELIZABETH. Gwyneth Paltrow gave a fine performance in Shakespeare In Love, but Blanchett was simply outstanding as Elizabeth, and in my opinion, should have won. Oh well... her turn will come...

~Jaylee

[This message has been edited by Jaylee (edited 03-07-2002).]

sleekproductions
03-07-2002, 08:23 AM
KATE all the way baby.

Although Cate is quite nice, I like Kate much better.

There was a great scene in Titanic...

Kavan
03-07-2002, 10:30 AM
Cate but just barely. Both have incredible talent and both impress me in both their range and their choice of roles. Blanchett seems slightly more evolved but just barely. I'd say they are the two best younger actresses right now.

LesterBurnham007
03-07-2002, 12:41 PM
Not even close......Winslet is the best. Although Cate was great in The Gift.

Big Screen Fan
03-07-2002, 03:15 PM
No contest. Blanchett by a long way.
Angelina Jolie Lover nailed it down!!!!