PDA

View Full Version : Halloween II - Ultimate Cut

Skysaber
11-30-2004, 07:41 AM
Well I was doing my morning browse of eBay DVD's and came across a Halloween II - Ultimate Cut going for $99. Now can anyone shed some light on this? I don't plan on buying it but according to the description it has deleted scenes, added music and an alternate ending. What's the alternate ending like and what are some deleted scenes? Thanks.

Duke Nukem
11-30-2004, 12:55 PM
You must be referring to the alternate version of "Halloween II." Back in the 80's, TV didn't have 30+ minutes of commercials to round out movies playing on two hour formats on cable channels. "Halloween II," as well the original, both were too short to play on TV in conjunction with the commercials (Yet, we get absolutely endless commercials nowadays...). So, extra scenes were filmed and the whole movie was redone a bit (storywise and naturally for the damn censors to edit the movie).

Well, what you get is a longer HII with extra (and pointless) scenes concerning the hospital staff (before eventually getting killed by Michael). I haven't seen it in a while, but I do recall some interesting new bits with Laurie, possibly more flashbacks with background info on her family.

I also said the the movie was redone storywise. The plot is the same, but part of the set up towards the end is different. In order for the stupid TV editors to edit the gore, they redo the "Jimmy discovering the bloodless nurse and tripping over her blood" scene.

You see, when Michael is stalking Laurie in the morgue section of the hospital, they keep cutting back to Jimmy, making it seem that he hears her and trying to help her, or something. Well, after she escapes the bathroom and Dr. Loomis sets up the fire, the editors make it seem that Jimmy arrived to the scene on time and is knocked out by the firey explosion outside the room somewhere (insert his shocked face towards the explosion instead of the poor nurse). It went something like that. So, Jimmy really is knocked out by the fire instead.

And, the ending. The "Laurie in the ambulance" scene is redone. When she is taken into the ambulance all shooken up and everything, she is surprised to see Jimmy in there as well. She goes, "We made it! We made it!," and they live on happily ever after. It is sort of implied that Laurie and Jimmy stay together after that, after all he liked her.

I was curious about this movie too a while ago and got it through a movie trader. It's not the worth the hundred bucks. I wouldn't call it the "ultimate" version. It's slower, not as bloody and not as interesting to watch. The theatrical version is the tighter and superior film.

EVILxxx
01-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Duke Nukem
You must be referring to the alternate version of "Halloween II." Back in the 80's, TV didn't have 30+ minutes of commercials to round out movies playing on two hour formats on cable channels. "Halloween II," as well the original, both were too short to play on TV in conjunction with the commercials (Yet, we get absolutely endless commercials nowadays...). So, extra scenes were filmed and the whole movie was redone a bit (storywise and naturally for the damn censors to edit the movie).

Well, what you get is a longer HII with extra (and pointless) scenes concerning the hospital staff (before eventually getting killed by Michael). I haven't seen it in a while, but I do recall some interesting new bits with Laurie, possibly more flashbacks with background info on her family.

I also said the the movie was redone storywise. The plot is the same, but part of the set up towards the end is different. In order for the stupid TV editors to edit the gore, they redo the "Jimmy discovering the bloodless nurse and tripping over her blood" scene.

You see, when Michael is stalking Laurie in the morgue section of the hospital, they keep cutting back to Jimmy, making it seem that he hears her and trying to help her, or something. Well, after she escapes the bathroom and Dr. Loomis sets up the fire, the editors make it seem that Jimmy arrived to the scene on time and is knocked out by the firey explosion outside the room somewhere (insert his shocked face towards the explosion instead of the poor nurse). It went something like that. So, Jimmy really is knocked out by the fire instead.

And, the ending. The "Laurie in the ambulance" scene is redone. When she is taken into the ambulance all shooken up and everything, she is surprised to see Jimmy in there as well. She goes, "We made it! We made it!," and they live on happily ever after. It is sort of implied that Laurie and Jimmy stay together after that, after all he liked her.

I was curious about this movie too a while ago and got it through a movie trader. It's not the worth the hundred bucks. I wouldn't call it the "ultimate" version. It's slower, not as bloody and not as interesting to watch. The theatrical version is the tighter and superior film.

I actually saw this version quite recently within a year or two around Halloween. There is nothing mindbogglingly differant about this version. I just remember that Laurie and Jimmy end up in the ambulance together.
It is certainly not worth $99.

Ratlehed
01-28-2005, 02:46 PM
I got the H-2 ultimate cut on video for $10 a couple of years ago on e-bay. Its has quite a few different scenes and is edited different, but its not better than the original. AMC plays it when they show H-2 they just have some of the blood taken out. I have seen it at horror conventions for $15-$25 for the DVD. Sometimes on ebay you can find H-2 ultimate cut, H-6 producer cut and H2o director cut on video for like $20 for all three.

Franchise
03-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by EVILxxx

It is certainly not worth $99.
I am going to agree with you on that. It's benefit is assuredly not $99, It's a whole lot more than that.