PDA

View Full Version : where in the world is Mike Mendez?

this one dude
12-28-2004, 09:48 PM
you know, the guy who directed The Convent. i havent heard any news about him or any project he is attached to. he needs to make more movies, night of the demo...errrr....the convent was awesome

Kocko
12-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Mes thinks that Mike Mendez's output has been fuck-all since 'The Convent'. In fact you may have to go back in time for any other output 'Bimbo Movie Bash' (1997)

countchocula
12-31-2004, 10:44 PM
He co-directed Masters of Horror, the documentary that premiered on the Sci-fi Channel last Halloween. He's attached to a haunted house film called Grave Dancers, but I haven't heard anything about it in ages. The guy's immensely talented, and needs to get back to work pronto!

Psychocandy
01-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Over at the IMDB is says that he has another movie in pre-production called The Gravedancers.

The only news I could find comes courtesy of www.upcominghorrormovies.com and goes like this...

"GRAVEDANCERS

Focuses on three friends that unknowingly desecrate the graves of three very unforgiving ghosts.

LATEST NEWS

10/21/03
Mike Mendez was quoted saying "I'm going for scares with The Gravedancers. This isn't tongue-in-cheek or campy, this is the real deal. I want to give people a reason to be afraid of ghosts again."

- Production begins in the first quarter of '04.
- Based on a script by Brad Keene and Chris Skinner.
- Director Mike Mendez also directed The Convent.
- Described as being a cross between Poltergeist and The Others.
- Being put out by Neverland Entertainment and Maverick Films."