PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica: The Series

edonline
01-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Did anyone else catch the series premiere of Battlestar Galactica? So far, I'm very pleased with it and love the dark look, I think it's more appropriate to the story than the original series. (Please, no robotic dogs to cheer things up!) I'm also happy with the characters, I don't think there's really any bad ones in the show. LOVE the look of the new robotic Cylons too.

I can't wait to see where they take some of the characters especially Boomer, who in the previews, seems to discover the fact that she is a Cylon operative. I'm also interested that Number Six seems to talk to God.

BananaDancer
01-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Did anyone else catch the series premiere of Battlestar Galactica? So far, I'm very pleased with it and love the dark look, I think it's more appropriate to the story than the original series. (Please, no robotic dogs to cheer things up!) I'm also happy with the characters, I don't think there's really any bad ones in the show. LOVE the look of the new robotic Cylons too.

I couldn't agree with you more. I caught the first episode last Friday and I really enjoyed it. The dark llok is great and the fx are awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the series.

chinton
01-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Sadly I missed it but Ive been hearing some amazing things about this show over at aintitcoolnews

Del
01-26-2005, 11:18 AM
I caught ep 13 last night (bittorrent rocks).

Damn, talk about a cliffhanger.. :eek:

Is this series gonna come back at all..?? Hope so.. :confused:

SamEagle
01-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Del
I caught ep 13 last night (bittorrent rocks).

Damn, talk about a cliffhanger.. :eek:

Is this series gonna come back at all..?? Hope so.. :confused:

Yes, 6 more episodes have been ordered for a second season. Hopefully, SciFi will up the order to a full season now that the show is getting good ratings.

I've watched up thru episode 10 and I love the show. I just got episode 13, so now I can run thru the last 3 episodes back-to-back-to-back. :D

general_taste
01-30-2005, 12:28 AM
Damn you people with your episodes pre-airing.

As someone who doesn't have the disc space or blank cds to download them all [probably], I'll just have to watch it in slightly-better-quality televised form.

Oh, and the series completely blows away the slow-burn mini that set it up.

edonline
01-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Since I'm watching in the US and haven't downloaded the rest of the series from online, I'm still a bit confused over one storyline. On Cylon-controlled Caprica, Helo was shown being found Boomer. Is this another Cylon Boomer (another being on board Galactica) or is the human Boomer, if there is one?