PDA

View Full Version : Scenes that stick with you

deadeye
05-14-2005, 12:30 AM
What scenes stick with you long after you've seen the movie? Its been years since I've seen Alice Sweet Alice, but there are numerous murders in it that have left an impression on me. Having been raised Catholic, I don't know if it because of the religious implications, or if they were pretty disturbing scenes, I can recall almost perfectly what certain images were in the movie. Most notably for me, the last murder of the movie. What about you guys? What has stuck with you over time in terms of what was disturbing enough for you to still be bothered by today?

vash777
05-16-2005, 04:13 PM
ok i am going to give the scene that has stuck with me for most of my life

original tcm leatherface sledgehammer steel door need i say more!!!

EvilDeadGirl
05-16-2005, 09:03 PM
One scene that always stuck with me and I remember it from when I was a wee little deadgirl was from Dawn of the Dead when the zombies are in the mall ripping apart the bikers and eating them. Perhaps it was the first truly horrific thing my lil' brain saw....ah sweet memories.

IamNoOne666
05-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Unfortuntly that horrible 40 minate scene in I Spit On Your Grave, that and the bathtub scene from the same movie. Man those are disturbing.

EVILxxx
05-16-2005, 10:59 PM
*sigh* the final frame in Sleep Away Camp. . . . those eyes.

Hack
05-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by EVILxxx
*sigh* the final frame in Sleep Away Camp. . . . those eyes.
the eyes wasn't the THING that scared me.

EVILxxx
05-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Hack
the eyes wasn't the THING that scared me.

touche':p

Cronos
05-18-2005, 01:24 AM
the eye impaling in Zombie

Damone
05-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Pencil in the ankle in Evil Dead.
No matter how many times I've seen it it still makes me cringe.

Reigh Kaufman
05-18-2005, 10:56 AM
No matter how many times I see it....

...the first transformation of David Kessler in 'An American Werewolf in London' still blows me away. It's a film from my childhood that I love just as much today (cf: The Goonies, The Princess Bride, etc).

Great.

Hack
05-18-2005, 11:05 AM
I can't stand the part in Pet Cemetary when the evil little kid kills Mr. Munster. Slicing the back of his ankle and slicing tendons, then when he falls down, the kid slices open his his lips to make his mouth wider.

eeeouch!

mcquade
05-18-2005, 05:42 PM
spoilers

looking for mr goodbar and audition - 2 movies that seemed to be dramatic films about people and relationships audition was just violent and disturbing but mr goodbar came out of nowhere she takes a guy home for hot monkey love and ends up being murdered by a gay(?) man - brutal and unexpected

X-Nightcrawler
05-18-2005, 05:59 PM
Any sex scene in Friday movies. I mean, fornication! How filthy!

On a more serious note:

-Eye gouging in End Of Evangelion.
-Jesus-Christ-they-went-too-far-I'm-going-to-puke-and-cry scene in Full Metal Alchemist.

heavy!!!
05-19-2005, 08:17 PM
The scene in Salems Lot (70's version) where the vampire boy comes tapping on the window, whispering 'mark...mark' that really shit me up as a kid and still gives me goosebumps, the fact that 'mark' is my christian name probably didnt help.
Around the same time i saw 'IT' for the first time and Tim Currys pennywsie the clown also scared me shitless.

It was around about this time i saw The Shining and Dead Zone i got really turned on to Stephen King that year!!!!

Freddy's Claw
05-19-2005, 08:35 PM
probibly Return of the living dead scene where they yell

"BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ComeNightfall
05-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by heavy!!!
The scene in Salems Lot (70's version) where the vampire boy comes tapping on the window, whispering 'mark...mark' that really shit me up as a kid and still gives me goosebumps, the fact that 'mark' is my christian name probably didnt help.

That scene always gives me the creeps. The other four scenes from that movie that scare me are the one where Barlow appears out of nowhere in Ned's cell, Danny jumping up and biting Michael, Michael all vamped out and whispering "look at me" and the woman rising from the stretcher in the morgue.

Also (SPOILERS):

the keyhole scene in Black Christmas
the first 10 minutes of When a Stranger Calls
Reverend Lowe's last lunge in Silver Bullet and the killing of Stella
Donald Sutherland's scream in The Body Snatchers remake
Amy Irving blowing up John Cassevetes at the end of The Fury
Cujo's attack on Donna & Tad in the car
And practically all of Rabid. I didn't want to eat after seeing that movie.

KillerKlown
05-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by heavy!!!
The scene in Salems Lot (70's version) where the vampire boy comes tapping on the window, whispering 'mark...mark' that really shit me up as a kid

I shat it big time when I first saw that and it didn't help the fact much that my bedroom window looked almost identical. I was so convinced that a vampire would pay me a visit, that I built a crucifix out of two lollypop sticks and stuck it to the window!

Cthulu13
05-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Possible spoilers:

Full Metal Alchemist: When the dude in the red coat found that intelligent, talking chimera that turned out to be a mix of the little girl and the dog. That weird talking creature in that dark alley. It was so pathetic it turned my stomach. Ach. . .

Wizards: The first battle between Elves and goblins. The old elf advising that the battle would be a walkover. Then suddenly the music begins, a battle march roars, and old Nazi propaganda photos started showing. The elves start freaking out and are subsequently blown apart by the nazi tanks. Freaky movie.

The Wolfman: That little poem the girl says:
Even a man who is pure of heart and says his prayers by night can become a wolf when the wolf's bane blooms nd the autumn moon is bright.

And the gypsy's final speech: The way you walked was thorny. . . (I can't remember the rest of it.

Hideouse! (sp?): When the body guard carjacks the rich, black dude in nothing but a leather skirt and a gorilla mask.

artguylarry
05-23-2005, 07:47 PM
By "stick with you," I assume you mean intense and creepy. I have a few:

PET SEMATARY: The dream sequence where Louis is visited by Pascow
PET SEMATARY: (Zelda) "I'm coming back for you Rachel...and this time...I'll get you..."
PET SEMATARY: The end, when Zombie-Rachel walks into the kitchen with pus oozing out of her eye socket and down her face, then Louis kisses her.
BURNT OFFERINGS: Death by rolling coffin
BURNT OFFERINGS: Funeral dream sequence (grinning chauffeur)
MAGIC: Trailer clip. All I have ever seen. All I WILL ever see (yes I know how pathetic that is)
THE SHINING '80: The psychotic look frozen on Jack's face as he watches out the window at his wife and kid playing outside.
THE SHINING '80: Jack, frozen to death in the maze
THE SHINING '97: Jack's last confrontation with Danny in the hallway
THE SHINING '97: The woman in the bath tub "A little boy here, and a little boy there. Here a boy, there a boy, everywhere a boy boy. Hello Danny. I've been waiting for you. We've all been waiting for you." (this was commercial TV?!?!?)
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (either): "They're coming to get you Barbara..."

bloody ray
05-24-2005, 01:35 AM
THE THING: The blood testing scene.

Frank the Tank
05-24-2005, 02:00 AM
The Revealing of the truth in Angel Heart

The Dance Party scene in Jacob's Ladder

normanbatesjr
05-25-2005, 03:10 PM
The Stand:

1. Larry Underwood and Nadine Cross going through a tunnel in NYC, dead bodies everywhere

2. Stu Redman running out of the hospital.

syxxpac
05-25-2005, 04:17 PM
The Terminator - Tech Noir. 'Nuff said. Probably my favorite scene of all time.
Alien - The Chestburster, and Dallas's journey through the air ducts.
Aliens - Ripley & Newt vs. Facehuggers.
Alien 3 - Death via ventilation fan. Ouch.
Night Of The Living Dead '68 - The "Barbecue".
Day Of The Dead - The zombies make like the humans and pull in different directions.
Dawn Of The Dead '04 - The last death :(
John Carpenter's The Thing - Blood test.
Bram Stoker's Dracula - Dracula's brides (specifically nude Monica Bellucci :D) seducing Harker.
The Exorcist - The demon's subliminal reveal.
Psycho - The shower scene.
Jurassic Park - The kitchen hunt.
John Carpenter's Vampires - The motel massacre.
Dreamcatcher - The "Bathroom Scene". A fucked up version of Lethal Weapon 2's.
Saw - The ending.
Se7en - Sloth.
Halloween - Michael sitting up in the background without Laurie noticing.
Event Horizon - Glimpses of Hell.
Scream - Prologue, and the final step of the "plan".
Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn - Ash vs. his hand.

Juice
05-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Spoilers for Ringu (highlight to read):

Sadako out of the tv

The Shining: Twins at the end of the hall, "Heeeeere's Johnny!"

X-Nightcrawler
05-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Cthulu13
Possible spoilers:
Full Metal Alchemist: When the dude in the red coat found that intelligent, talking chimera that turned out to be a mix of the little girl and the dog. That weird talking creature in that dark alley. It was so pathetic it turned my stomach. Ach. . . YES! So someone agrees with me! That episode was ridiculously vicious. I was close to stop watching the damned show. How about the changed ending credits with images of Nina/Alexander with Al and Ed, and the final shot when the song ends with "Darling." showing them both asleep. It was so heartbreaking.

Freddy's Claw
06-03-2005, 12:41 PM
"I saw her Face" And then the dead girl in the closet pops up. That was scary.

MadmanMARZ
06-12-2005, 04:26 PM
The revelation for Donald Sutherlands character in Donīt Look Now

The ending in Invasion of the bodysnatchers.

The first real appearance of Bruce in Jaws

The first attack in American Werewolf in London and the attack of the Kessler family by the Nazi-demonsoldiers.

Showerscene and ending in Psycho

Last frame in Raising Cain

Spiderman_Cavy
06-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Sleepaway Camp - The climax of course.
Mothman Prophecies - Richard Gere's Hotel Room mirror scene (behind the door)
The Ring - Flash shot of the dead little girl in her closet
Maximum Overdrive - The bible salesman grabbing the kid in the ditch.
Silver Bullet - When the kid see's the priest has an eye patch.
The Fly - When Goldblum breaks the guy's arm at armwrestling

Jason13thh
06-30-2005, 01:53 PM
the truck scene (The Hitcher)
the opening scene (The Convent)
Jaws (the girl killed at the beginning, the nuclear-bomb monologue)
Sleepaway Camp (the famous ending)
The aquatic-scene (Inferno- Argento)

zombievictim
06-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Damone
Pencil in the ankle in Evil Dead.
No matter how many times I've seen it it still makes me cringe.

Hell yeah

KillerKlown
06-30-2005, 05:53 PM
The kid in Pet Sematary cutting Herman Munster's Achilies tendon with a scalpel. :eek:

JayWolf
07-01-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm going to list scenes from the Poltergiest that have stuck with me over the years:

POLTERGEIST
*The scene where the Beast is stomping around in the upstairs as Carol Anne screams for help.
*The scene where Marty peels off his face
*The scene where the clown attacks Robbie
*The scene where the beast reveals itself to Diane in front of the doorway to the children's room
*The scene where the coffins/corpses shoot out of the ground

POLTERGEIST II: THE OTHER SIDE
*The scene where Taylor first finds Kane's corpse in the caverns
*Whenever Kane sang "God Is In His Holy Temple"
*The scene where Kane delivers his "You're all gonna die!" speech
*The flashback with Kane and his followers in the caverns as he screams "Come with meeeeee!"
*The scene where Steven vomits up a huge worm that transforms into a skinless, torsoless version of Kane
*The scene in the caverns when Beast Kane pops out of Taylor's fire with Carol Anne's face in the torso calling out "Dadddddy! Heeeeelp!"
*The scene during the final confrontation where we see the whole version of Beast Kane, complete with the decomposed heads of Kane and his followers making up the lower body (That thing fucking creeps the living hell out of me!)
*The scene where Carol Anne shrivels up into a mummified corpse

POLTERGEIST III
*The scene where Carol Anne is first attacked by her mirror self
*The scene where Carol Anne gets pulled into the puddle by the monsterous hands
*The scene where fake Carol Anne bursts out of an expanding door
*The scene where Donna bursts out of Tangina
*The scene where Pat and Bruce use the window washer scaffolding to descend to the window of Carol Anne's room for the final confrontation with Kane
*The scene where Kane's head decomposes

X-Nightcrawler
07-02-2005, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by JayWolf
POLTERGEIST III
*goes blind*

deep_red101
07-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Most of my choices have already been mentioned so I'll go with a slightly less horror-related film:

The drowning in Leave Her to Heaven.

JayWolf
07-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
*goes blind*

WHAT?! YOU GOT A PROBLEM??!! :mad:

But seriously, what's so wrong? Even if it's not that good of a movie doesn't mean it doesn't have any freaky/scary scenes in it. :p

I happen to like Poltergeist III despite all the flaws. In fact, after talking with the guy who runs the Poltergeist III site and finding out a whole bunch of things about the production such as cut scenes and an alternate ending (all sounding better than what was in the final cut), it amazes me as to how the studio thought it would be a good idea to trim down the movie and re-film the ending just because O'Rourke died since they didn't want to "offend" any of her fans by portraying her in too much danger to remind them of her death. :o

deep_red101
07-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by JayWolf
WHAT?! YOU GOT A PROBLEM??!! :mad:

But seriously, what's so wrong? Even if it's not that good of a movie doesn't mean it doesn't have any freaky/scary scenes in it. :p

I think X-Nightcrawler was referring to your choice of colour for the title as it strains the eyes to read.

Also, I came up with a few horror-related scenes that stick with me:

The first 15-20 minutes of Dracula ('31).
The beginning of Black Sunday ('60).
The double murder in Suspiria.
The cemetary burial in City of the Living Dead.
The custard dessert in Dead Alive.

aixela
07-10-2005, 11:29 PM
hmmm..have to think since a lot of mine are already mentioned

The little boy floating at the window from Salem's Lot was already mentioned

Exorcist 3- the nurse walking down the hall then turning and you see that thing with the large garden shear type scissors coming at her from behind...*shivers*

Ohh..and the scene from Misery when she does ankle/foot surgery to the author

and from the original Night of the Living Dead, the little girl killing her mother with the garden spade down in the cellar and you see the light bulb swinging wildly

SpacePuppet
07-13-2005, 01:21 PM
ignore the post

X-Nightcrawler
07-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by deep_red101
I think X-Nightcrawler was referring to your choice of colour for the title as it strains the eyes to read. He was. And he was also kidding, so nevermind.

Rokyracoon68
07-14-2005, 07:33 PM
in Deep Red when the little doll thing comes out of the closet. then the killer taking the guy and pushes him into the desk with his teeth...

from Friday the 13th part 4, i just remember crispin glovers wild dancing....HIlarious

ERIN_LoJ
07-17-2005, 01:25 PM
The scene where the little boy is pushed into the swimming pool on his birthday into the open mouth of the gator in Alligator

The critters 2 with the sherriff in the bunny suit - 2 funny

The bicycle scene in Mouth of Madness

The autopsy scene in the Thing

The needle to the temple in Halloween 2

The family massacre scene in Henry: Portrait of a serial killer

sherimoon
07-17-2005, 04:40 PM
I used to have nightmares about the scene in Shocker when he goes into the bathroom and the tub is filled with blood and there are bloody handprints all over the walls. I dont know why, but it screwed me up.

IkeNAddley
07-17-2005, 04:56 PM
The wheelchair in The Changeling".....brrrrrrrrrr!

The last scene in Jeepers Creepers.......freaky

All of Last house on the Left!