PDA

View Full Version : sleepy hollow is an awesome movie!!

victoriakillian
08-02-2005, 10:13 AM
i just love this movie. its my favorite movie ever!!!!!

gorysnoopy
08-02-2005, 10:27 AM
It certainly is an awesome movie:)

LoomisFan
08-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Christopher Walken is one creepy motherfucker.

The Mad Butcher
08-02-2005, 02:20 PM
In my opinion, Tim Burton + Johnny Depp = always a kick-ass movie!

X-Nightcrawler
08-02-2005, 02:22 PM
I disliked the corniness in the end, and some of the effects seemed out of place in such a creepy movie (witch's eyes/transformation) but otherwise, yeah it's a fantastic movie.

PMcG No.6
08-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by The Mad Butcher
In my opinion, Tim Burton + Johnny Depp = always a kick-ass movie!

I second that!

Shockwave
08-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Its a great movie with one scene that still stands out..

*************8SPOILERS*******************

..when the Headless horseman kills the kid. While the act isnt shown, we DO see him stuffing some head into a bag.

Brutal stuff i didnt think Burton would go for. :) Kids dying in horror seems to be TABOO along with animals.

LoomisFan
08-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Shockwave
Kids dying in horror seems to be TABOO along with animals.
That's why I love "Maximum Overdrive."

heretic
08-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Great film I loved the whole feeling and atmosphere this film created, it was beautiful.
the only thing I didn't like about this film was the aforementioned shockingly bad/out of place/uneeded witches CGI transformation. this detracted little though from what was over all an awesome film.

EvilDeadGirl
08-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Sleepy Hallow is awesome. Loved the way that Depp played Ichabod. Too bad Richi overacted in a few scenes. :p

X-Nightcrawler
08-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by EvilDeadGirl
Sleepy Hallow is awesome. Loved the way that Depp played Ichabod. Too bad Richi overacted in a few scenes. :p Really? I thought she was fantastic.

The visuals in SH are some of the best I've seen. Talk about heavy contrast.

EvilDeadGirl
08-02-2005, 07:14 PM
The only part with her that annoyed me was when she and Depp are standing in the living room and she's going on about living poor in the cottage. It jes' didn't sound right the way that the entire lil' speech was delivered.

Otherwise the movie rawked. :D

victoriakillian
08-02-2005, 08:52 PM
i go with shockwave, the only thing i didn't like about this movie is when the killian kid got killed. i mean that just pierces a knife through my heart:( . but still sleepy hollow is an awesome movie!!!!

thedudeman69
08-02-2005, 09:52 PM
I liked how Burton took the cartoon and made it live action and very creepy. Johnny Depp was solid for the part of Ichbod Crane. I thought that he was brillant.

meltingman
08-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Burton's vision is simply fantastically fresh and beautiful (in its own way), making this movie truly enjoyable. The cinematography, production design, artwork, etc. are all absolutely stunning . A great story masterfully told.

ERIN_LoJ
08-03-2005, 01:08 AM
I guess I'm the only one who just thought it was OK. Don't get me wrong, I love Depp, he fit the role perfectly, the movie was beautiful, cool ideas, Walken is the best, but it just never dazzled me.

heretic
08-03-2005, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by ERIN_LoJ
I guess I'm the only one who just thought it was OK. Don't get me wrong, I love Depp, he fit the role perfectly, the movie was beautiful, cool ideas, Walken is the best, but it just never dazzled me.

It's not just you, I've talked to quite a few people who didn't really get into this one, some even hated it, I still struggle to see why I loved it.

ERIN_LoJ
08-03-2005, 07:13 AM
Well, I wouldnt struggle to figure out why you loved it, it's getting rare these days to love a horror movie :) Glad to hear there are others like me out there somewhere, hiding lol

victoriakillian
08-03-2005, 09:50 AM
i just loved the movie after the first time i watched it (i was 11). i don't know why i loved it so much and i tricked my mom into buying it for me. it is a really good.

metalnightmare
08-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Sleepy Hollow is a great movie I am happy i got it on dvd

Cronos
08-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Sleepy Hollow is a very enjoyable and fun flick with some excellent performances and images, i love the flaming pumpkin scene