PDA

View Full Version : Should there be another Zombie Flick after Land and should Romero make it?

Alzabra
09-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Folks This Is a Question I ask after the sheer Disapointment of Land of the Dead. Should romero call it a day with his Zombie flicks and pass it onto someone new???

Cronos
10-05-2005, 04:57 AM
i really enjoyed Land and will watch anything Romero makes, especially if its a zombie flick, hes one of the only people who does them properly

and i was over at Bloody-Disgusting and they had an interview in which he says he wants Land to be the 4th of 6(!!!!!!) films

i really hope he gets round to making them

Wolfman
10-05-2005, 03:50 PM
There should be more zombie movies.

Romero should not make them, however.

After the gigantic turd that was Land of the Dead, I hope he stays away from the camera for a long, long time.

bassman311
10-14-2005, 05:01 PM
What alot of people tend to forget is that after Dawn of the Dead(78) was such a huge hit, everyone was expecting Day of the Dead to be somewhat the same movie. When it premiered and everyone realized that it wasn't, alot of people disliked it. Bad reviews, didn't do as well in theater, etc. but after time it is regarded as a classic in it's own right.

It's my theory that even though Land does feel a bit rushed and has flaws(as do the original three, mind you) that one day it will happily be considered a classic and an excellent addition to the franchise....we can only hope there will be more.

BubLives85
12-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Thank you bassman, I think you're right on the money.

Personally, i could not stomach that dawn of the dead remake bullshit. If someone else makes a zombie movie, it's apt to either be a remake of Day of the Dead (which I heard they considered or are currently considering) or bad.

Come on, I can't understand how a Romero fan could have liked Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead. First off, rigor mortis seems to not be a factor anymore. Second, where are the scenes of zombies devouring their victims? I thought that was the point, they aren't simply murderers, they kill to satisfy their hunger.

The list goes on!

mouldy311
05-27-2006, 03:50 PM
i liked land of the dead and only romero can balance the gore and the comedy properly. i heard the next one will be dead on the road or something where they encounter zombies while driving north. sounds like a party to me.

Funnyman
06-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Land of the Dead just seemed underacted. Leguzamo was awful. But overall I liked it. I was one of 3 people who went and saw it opening night here where I live.

I love Night. I adore Dawn. And I hate Day. I am still adjusting to Land. Not sure what to think. I love the Dawn remake. Not sure why.

NoRoomNHell
06-28-2006, 11:16 PM
The social undertones that are set within the Dead films are what defines them to me. So each one tells the message just like Romero had in mind. I think as long as he can maintain that throughout the rest of his Dead films then he should continue to make them. Dawn of the Dead 04' was absent of those undertones, but I managed to enjoy it when I didn't think of it as a remake.

TATU
08-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Funnyman
Land of the Dead just seemed underacted. Leguzamo was awful. But overall I liked it. I was one of 3 people who went and saw it opening night here where I live.

That was the worst part of LoTD to me. The main actors were just flat out boring, and there honeslty wasn't a SINGLE person you could truly get behind.

Riley was just a singleminded ("I just wanna get a car and leave!") douchebag. He didn't have any intetions of helping anyone. The minute he could, he was going to leave and never come back.

Cholo was a greedy bastard. He didn't do anything noble. He spent his time collecting cheap booze to sell on the street. He didn't care about the city's denziens at large, he wanted a place at the Green and that's it. Even killing Kaufman at the end left us in a dead heat. Sure Kaufman was bad, but Cholo was just as bad.

Kaufman is our "Designated Bad Guy" (TM) sure he was a dick, but who wasn't? Cholo is a greedy underhanded prick and Riley's perfectly willing to abandon the people he's been trying to "help" all this time with no guarantee that he'd ever be back.

Maybe we can just hedge our bets with Charlie and Asia Argento? :D

Alzabra
08-24-2006, 06:05 AM
I Completely forgot about this thread,

I have since watched Land of the Dead several times on DVD and my comments were way off, I actually like this movie although I do agree with TATU on his comments about the actors. I do hope they make a sequel to this movie as I have heard that it may be done and I would like to see how it ends up or if they even make it to Cananda.

I think I anticipated a movie that was more that what Land delivered as I expect all Romero fans did, but still It was a good Zombie flick and im glad romero has returned .
So I appologise for this thread as this movie does have a strong appeal and I made the mistake of jumping into condeming George rather than giving the film a chance

Valo the Crow
01-11-2007, 10:35 PM
If there is another DEAD installment, I really hope Romero gets more control than he did for Land of the Dead. There was just too much HOLLYWOOD BULL-SH*T going on in the films pre-production, production, and post-production. The problem with going almost all Independent means maybe no theatrical release. So we all wait in anticipaition for a tid bit of news, and hope for the best.

Valo the Crow
01-11-2007, 10:38 PM
(POINTS UP A POST)
Hope that's not a bad thing being #13 POST...

JackassFan
01-12-2007, 02:15 PM
I'll watch whatever Romero makes.

T2KFreeker
02-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Ah, more George Zombie flicks. Of course he should make another film and of course he should direct it. I remember being so happy when he returned to the director's chair with "Bruiser" after such a long hiatus. I was even more happy when I heard "Land Of The Dead" was coming. The movie was well done, personally I liked it. Also, the fact that nobody really gave a damn about anything other than their own, well, you just hit the "Society Impact" right there. Look at the world that we live in, everything is okay as long as it isn't an incobnvienience to the people around you. I thought that Romero really grabbed it from where it needed to come from. The movie was a totally different direction from the others, but was damn good fun and entertaining to watch. I hope that he get's the green light for the sequel of "Land Of The Dead", as this could be fun as it would be the first sequel he has made with the characters from previous movies.

teenkiller
02-28-2007, 11:18 PM
I actually really enjoyed Land of the Dead and would love for Romero to be able to make this into a pentilogy, if that is even a word. My one complaint is that the film was about 15 minutes too short. I'm also not too concerned with the backlash the movie has recieved as Day of the Dead had the same negativity tacked on to it and now more than twenty years later it is regarded as a classic. I think years from now the horror fans will view this movie in the same light. Of course by that time Romero may not be around to make another installment in the series. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

mutesaint
03-23-2007, 01:11 PM
I would love for another one to be made. I want to see the end of the zomby crisis. I want to see that bit from World War Z where humanity starts to retake the planet. Apparently thats what Day was supposed to be but budget constraints stopped him. So, thats what I want.

bassman311
03-28-2007, 03:14 PM
You won't be seeing the end of the crisis yet. "Diary of the Dead" will be the beginning. Same as "Night", just told from a different perspective.