PDA

View Full Version : New Macfarlane Movie Maniacs??

horror junkie
10-05-2005, 07:55 PM
(I just saw that there is another movie maniacs thread in the same forum so you can delete it if they're too similar. sorry!)

Does anyone know when this year's Movie Maniacs line will come out or if there will even be one? I was a bit disappointed with what they chose for last years set. I didn't like that most of the choices were all from the same movie!

Any info you guys have would be great!

ERIN_LoJ
10-21-2005, 12:22 AM
How they pick their selections is beyond me anyway. I'm not a big one for collecting 'figures', liking only more unique stuff. For me, snow globes is where it's at. Currently onyl have phantom of the opera, It's a Wonderful Life, a small Halloween promotion, but one day...more. DYING for the Friday and Nightmare globes - the Gremlins one looks great too. They should do a Piranha one, the ideas are endless....I'm getting carried away again, aren't I?

Err, anyway, I only have the Bathory from the McFarlane series. It's a cool one but not perfect

Luke-Abbott
10-24-2005, 02:48 PM
I've lost faith in the Movie Maniacs line by Mcfarlane, last series' showed that Mcfarlane doesn't care about what the fans want, other than what he wants and to make the studio's happen (ie. making Series 6 ALL Alien and Predator figures and Series 7 ALL Texas Chainsaw '03 apart from two figures).

Unless he creates a Series 8 that has an assortment of characters from different movies then I might be interested, but if he pulls off another Series 7....then I think I'll forget about the 'Maniacs all together.

But to answer your question, I don't think theres any plans for another 'Maniacs line, from what I've heard (read) at least (which is nothing). Mcfarlane seems to be more bothered about his Spawn figures and other movie lines (Corpse Bride and more Alien vs. Predator figures), which is fine and dandy because they're always good.

But I don't expect any Movie Maniacs this year, maybe next year at least and even then it better be worth checking out.

rvd420
10-26-2005, 07:25 PM
I think he's taking this year off.
Which is good because Movie Maniacs started in 1998.
Series 1-3 was great but after that it started to go downhill.

TATU
10-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Jenna and Brianna from Jenna Loves Brianna
and Debbie from Debbie Does Dallas.

wheelsofterror
11-07-2005, 03:24 AM
No MM at least through May '06. But there's a Bram Stokerís Dracula Box Set due out then.

wheelsofterror
11-07-2005, 03:41 AM
No MM at least through May '06. But there's a Bram Stokerís Dracula Box Set due out then.

teenkiller
04-02-2007, 08:28 PM
I know this thread is a year and a half old but has there been a new Movie Maniacs series? I remember not being interested in the last couple series so I didn't even get bothered with keeping up on updates for this series. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

Don_of_the_Dead
04-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Movie Maniacs as a line is dead.
McFarlane is more interested in doing Sports, Spawn and odd movie lines such as Nacho Libre....yeas, you heard me Nacho Libre.

NECA, SOTA and Mezco will be doing the horror toys now, Mezco having the New Line license now.