Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Books/Comics (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   whos going to buy the new hannibal book (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106307)

yorrick brown 12-01-2006 11:12 PM

whos going to buy the new hannibal book

comes out next week.

wow thomas harris really takes his time writing,amazing the detail and so on he goes into.

7 years, only other writer i can think of that takes as long is bret easton ellis.

didn`t like hannibal.
loved red dragon and lambs.

but the whole thing is that we don`t know lecters background, childhood and so on but with this book will put a end to that.

i`m not sure about this. might just watch the movie instead.

also what will he write after this i guess well have to wait another 7 yrs to find out.

HiroProtagonist 12-10-2006 07:35 AM

Unfortunately all my spare money is being saved up to buy some new display cases, and the Buffy the Vampire Slayer boxset, so I'm gonna have to borrow this one from the local library.

I agree with you- not a fan of Hannibal ,but I liked the other books in the series, and I'm interested to see how Hannibal: Rising turns out.

DarkKnight81 12-24-2006 07:09 PM

I think eventually I will get this I love the first two books as well but I've been reading some mediocre reviews of this. I also dont like the hard cover books so I will wait for the paperback.

Saruman 12-25-2006 09:14 AM

I'm still waiting for the library to get their copies in.

Mr. Fred Krueger 12-25-2006 10:50 AM

My advice would be to just get a copy from the library, that way it's free! ;)

Seriously, the book really isn't that good to spend $20 and some change on. Harris didn't really take his time with this book, rather he rushed it out to beat the film's release date...and it shows.

HiroProtagonist 12-30-2006 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Fred Krueger
My advice would be to just get a copy from the library, that way it's free! ;)

Seriously, the book really isn't that good to spend $20 and some change on. Harris didn't really take his time with this book, rather he rushed it out to beat the film's release date...and it shows.

Oringinally that was my plan - get a copy from the library, so as not to have to buy it - however as my local library said it'd be around March by the time the copy got around to me a family member has brought it me for my birthday. At which point the local library phone me to say they've brought some more copies, and that I can pick it up today.

So I've got a copy today from the library, and a copy for my Birthday, next Tuesday, which is typical :)

The bit about it being rushed is a bit worrying, though I did get the impression that was the case - Harris trying to get the book out before the film, but still I'm interested in reading it, especially if it goes into detail about the origins of Hannibal - it was similar with Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - I loved the background information on Voldermort.

Danger^Cart 12-31-2006 11:12 PM

I got this for Christmas, if only because my family always seems to get me shit I'm least interested in. Not to sound ungrateful, as one should be thankful for any gift they recieve (I'm not an advocate of Christmas).

I'll probably never get around to reading this, as it doesn't seem so much a piece of literature as a marketing ploy, but perhaps my interest will eventually turn and I'll test the waters.

This book does seem like complete shit, however, and at the risk of sounding pompous, I almost feel like it would be beneath me to read it.