Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Celeb-O-Meter (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ZAC EFRON (this should be interesting) (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120108)

Scarfather 08-10-2007 10:19 AM

Who the Fuck is Zac Efron?
 
I may be out of the loop because I stopped watching The Disney Channel when I was two, but why is he on the cover of Rolling Stone and why am I supposed to care?

JJFlamingo 08-10-2007 11:21 AM

Beats the hell out of me...:confused:

JackassFan 08-10-2007 12:24 PM

That's the annoying brat out of High School Musical. Ugh.

outsyder 08-11-2007 03:39 AM

He's the only bad thing to come out of Firefly.


Argh.

a7xfan 04-16-2008 02:16 PM

ZAC EFRON (this should be interesting)
 
i know that there aint much love for high school musical on these borards, nevermind any of the cast, but i wonder who here actually dislikes efron, and for what reason?

i cannot see a reason to dislike him, sure i don't love him, but i think he's okay.

i just think that it's a bit unfare to dislike someone just because they did a couple of 'dodgy' films. remember hsm made his career, i dont think he will regret it, but he gets alot of hate for reasons i dont understand.

JackassFan 04-17-2008 12:01 PM

He doesn't seem like a bad guy at all, but I'd like to see him do a few movies that don't involve him singing/dancing his way through the role before I judge his acting skills.

movie_dude112 06-08-2008 08:45 PM

Haha, Zac Efron has no talent to me. He sings alright, dances alright, and DON'T even get me started on his acting. Besides, he wears more make - up then half the women in hollywood, creepy..:D

ilovemovies 06-09-2008 07:00 AM

Not a fan but begrudgingly admit that the dude show talent and charisma in Hairspray.

Still not a fan though.

moviemaniac8210 06-11-2008 07:38 AM

He looks like a teenage girl in a few pictures I've seen him in. What a douche bag. Take offence if you will.

alvinchips 07-03-2008 08:04 AM

zac efron is one of the favorite idols of the current teen because of his voice quality.

Lucky Denver 07-03-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outsyder (Post 2501216)
He's the only bad thing to come out of Firefly.


Argh.


Oh my God! I never even realized he was in it until now! :eek:

jdparker 07-03-2008 10:28 AM

Zac Efron is the next Leo DiCaprio - with a little bit of Mick Jagger for the new millennium. He sweats oil and shits diamonds. Zac Efron is everything we want and everything we aren't. He's half Joe Camal and a 3rd Fonzerelli.

... I mean, obviously.

BadCoverVersion 07-04-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdparker (Post 2795710)
Zac Efron is the next Leo DiCaprio - with a little bit of Mick Jagger for the new millennium. He sweats oil and shits diamonds. Zac Efron is everything we want and everything we aren't. He's half Joe Camal and a 3rd Fonzerelli.

... I mean, obviously.

What he said.

Get with the fucking program Grandpappy.

a7xfan 07-04-2008 01:28 PM

sure he has been in hsm, but he seems a nice guy. lay off him.

:D

darknite125 07-04-2008 09:52 PM

Isn't he the guy who blew up the Seattle Space Needle while riding a motorcycle and reading Poe and shooting a machine gun. If that's not him I have no idea.

g1ng3rsnap9ed 07-04-2008 10:14 PM

From one schmoe to another:Trust me,don't look into it.If your fragile skull hasn't already been pounded to shards and shrapnels by all the media regarding him consider yourself both a modern day Christ and one lucky mutha!:D

ilovemovies 07-05-2008 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outsyder (Post 2501216)
He's the only bad thing to come out of Firefly.


Argh.

As if I needed another reason to hate that show, here it is.


Though I hate to admit it, the guy actually showed charisma and talent in Hairspray. But otherwise, not a fan.

redfiretruck 07-15-2008 06:39 AM

Umm, because he's a great actor and singer? I can totally see him becoming the next Tom Cruise, without all the scientology stuff.

Tweek 07-15-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknite125 (Post 2797010)
Isn't he the guy who blew up the Seattle Space Needle while riding a motorcycle and reading Poe and shooting a machine gun. If that's not him I have no idea.

It's not him 'cause the Space Needle is still fine and dandy.

Lost in Space 07-15-2008 10:46 AM

I think he is, what they call, and "actor." Although I'm not sure

Scarfather 07-15-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redfiretruck (Post 2805642)
Umm, because he's a great actor and singer? I can totally see him becoming the next Tom Cruise, without all the scientology stuff.

Welcome to JoBlo!

Our membership has always been severely lacking in twelve-year old girls, so I'm glad to see growing diversity.

Lucky Denver 07-15-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarfather (Post 2805861)
Welcome to JoBlo!

Our membership has always been severely lacking in twelve-year old girls, so I'm glad to see growing diversity.

Ha. . .every body has a place here at Joblo. . .even Zac Efron fans.

Bourne101 07-15-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarfather (Post 2805861)
Welcome to JoBlo!

Our membership has always been severely lacking in twelve-year old girls, so I'm glad to see growing diversity.

Haha.

Zack Efron a future Tom Cruise... NOT A FUCKING CHANCE.

redfiretruck, have you seen Magnolia, Cocktail, Rain Man, Born on the 4th of July, A Few Good Men, Interview with the Vampire, Jerry Maguire, Eyes Wide Shut, Vanilla Sky, Minority Report, The Last Samurai, or Collateral? I would assume not, considering little boy toy Zack Efron will NEVER have any roles remotely as good as those. Zack Efron will no nothing more than the High School Musical movies, which are shit BTW. He's a terrible, terrible actor who will be remembered for nothing more than a few shitty tween made for TV movies.

a7xfan 07-15-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne101 (Post 2805907)
Haha.

Zack Efron a future Tom Cruise... NOT A FUCKING CHANCE.

redfiretruck, have you seen Magnolia, Cocktail, Rain Man, Born on the 4th of July, A Few Good Men, Interview with the Vampire, Jerry Maguire, Eyes Wide Shut, Vanilla Sky, Minority Report, The Last Samurai, or Collateral? I would assume not, considering little boy toy Zack Efron will NEVER have any roles remotely as good as those. Zack Efron will no nothing more than the High School Musical movies, which are shit BTW. He's a terrible, terrible actor who will be remembered for nothing more than a few shitty tween made for TV movies.

while he is not on the level as cruise is, and probable won't ever be, it is pretty 'mean' to say that he is a shit actor.

considering his 'proper' film career, he is just starting off, he was great in hairspray and good in the high school musicals, okay you may hate them, but he plays the popular kid well. we have to get used to the fact that he is part of the future kids of hollywood along with shia lebouf.

JohnLocke2342 07-15-2008 02:10 PM

zac effron is that itch I get on my ass every once in a while, nothing more.

To put him in the same boat as Shia Lebouf is an insult to The Beef and an insult to acting itself. Yes, he can sing, dance, run around with a smile on his face and wink at girls... but he can't act. Until he cuts his stupid fucking hair a bit and learns to drift into the dramatic territory, he'll be nothing more then a teen sensation. I'm down to maybe give the kid a chance, but to say anything you've seen from his work recently is great or reminds you of tom cruise is slightly retarded. It's been mediocore, or, at best, what he was chosen to do.

Bourne101 07-15-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a7xfan (Post 2806154)
considering his 'proper' film career, he is just starting off, he was great in hairspray and good in the high school musicals, okay you may hate them, but he plays the popular kid well. we have to get used to the fact that he is part of the future kids of hollywood along with shia lebouf.

Plays the popular kid well? If his character went to a real high school, he would be anything but popular. He doesn't even come close to the talent of Shia or any other of the good or great young actors. And his performance in Hairspray was dreadful. He was like an amateur and terrible lead in a high school play. The kid doesn't have a hope in hell of having a great career. Once he's done with these tweeny boy toy roles, he's done. LaBeouf has had some fun roles, but he has also had many mature and serious roles. Efron does not have the maturity or range to play a serious role.

john_rambo 07-15-2008 04:42 PM

Lucky Bastard gets Vanessa Hudgens... what a douche

redfiretruck 07-15-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne101 (Post 2805907)
Haha.

Zack Efron a future Tom Cruise... NOT A FUCKING CHANCE.

redfiretruck, have you seen Magnolia, Cocktail, Rain Man, Born on the 4th of July, A Few Good Men, Interview with the Vampire, Jerry Maguire, Eyes Wide Shut, Vanilla Sky, Minority Report, The Last Samurai, or Collateral? I would assume not, considering little boy toy Zack Efron will NEVER have any roles remotely as good as those. Zack Efron will no nothing more than the High School Musical movies, which are shit BTW. He's a terrible, terrible actor who will be remembered for nothing more than a few shitty tween made for TV movies.

Saw The Last Samurai, for a school extra credit. And you're allowed to have your opinions, but I still believe that Zac has a major film career ahead of him.

Bourne101 07-15-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redfiretruck (Post 2806485)
Saw The Last Samurai, for a school extra credit. And you're allowed to have your opinions, but I still believe that Zac has a major film career ahead of him.

It was a rhetorical question, but your answering it simply just redeemed your ignorance. Saying he is a future Tom Cruise when you have only seen ONE of Tom's best performances (and not by choice if I might add) is just plain stupid.

And the chances of him having a major film career are slim to none. Not unless they start pumping out musicals like they do shitty Asian horror remakes.

I recommend you see all of those films that I listed before you even have a thought of boy toy Zac Efron rising to the likes of Tom Cruise. Efron will NEVER be able to put on a performance like Cruise did in ANY of those films.

CyclicNightmare 07-15-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne101 (Post 2805907)
considering little boy toy Zack Efron will NEVER have any roles remotely as good as those. Zack Efron will no nothing more than the High School Musical movies, which are shit BTW. He's a terrible, terrible actor who will be remembered for nothing more than a few shitty tween made for TV movies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne101 (Post 2806490)
It was a rhetorical question, but your answering it simply just redeemed your ignorance. Saying he is a future Tom Cruise when you have only seen ONE of Tom's best performances (and not by choice if I might add) is just plain stupid.

And the chances of him having a major film career are slim to none. Not unless they start pumping out musicals like they do shitty Asian horror remakes.

I recommend you see all of those films that I listed before you even have a thought of boy toy Zac Efron rising to the likes of Tom Cruise. Efron will NEVER be able to put on a performance like Cruise did in ANY of those films.

Efron is at the early stages of his career. Can I borrow this crystal ball you've looked into where all of your opinions of his future are fact and someone who suggests otherwise is ignorant?

redfiretruck 07-15-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne101 (Post 2806490)
It was a rhetorical question, but your answering it simply just redeemed your ignorance. Saying he is a future Tom Cruise when you have only seen ONE of Tom's best performances (and not by choice if I might add) is just plain stupid.

And the chances of him having a major film career are slim to none. Not unless they start pumping out musicals like they do shitty Asian horror remakes.

I recommend you see all of those films that I listed before you even have a thought of boy toy Zac Efron rising to the likes of Tom Cruise. Efron will NEVER be able to put on a performance like Cruise did in ANY of those films.

I admit, I can't judge Tom's acting skill. What I meant was that Zac would rise to Tom Cruise's popularity level, since it seems to me that, to a lot of people, Tom Cruise is one of the biggest movie stars. Sorry if I came across wrong.

Bourne101 07-15-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyclicNightmare (Post 2806516)
Efron is at the early stages of his career. Can I borrow this crystal ball you've looked into where all of your opinions of his future are fact and someone who suggests otherwise is ignorant?

The ignorance was fact because redfiretruck had only seen one out of the best of Tom Cruise films. You can't just say that some teeny bopper boy toy is going to be the next Tom Cruise if YOU'VE ONLY SEEN ONE OF HIS BEST FILMS.

He/she has now deemed that they were referring to popularity, if so than that's fine, although I will have to disagree on that as well. I just can't see it. The guy is 21 and doesn't have anything even remotely interesting on the radar, and anything he does have on the radar are a couple of dumb tweeny flicks. The kid has absolutely no range and the boy toy image will wear off quickly once he gets a bit older and he's done nothing but shitty musicals.

ilovemovies 07-15-2008 06:49 PM

Boy toy? Isn't that usually a term in reference to when an older woman is dating a younger guy?

He's a teenybopper star. That's what he is.

Not everyone loves Tom Cruise btw. I think he's great but not everyone agrees. My highschool theater arts teacher pretty much hated him. I think he said the only movie he could stand him in was in The Color of Money.

Bourne101 07-15-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemovies (Post 2806580)
Boy toy? Isn't that usually a term in reference to when an older woman is dating a younger guy?

Lol, whatever, I think you catch my drift. :D

countchocula 07-19-2008 05:55 PM

Jesus, lay off the kid. He/she hasn't said anything rude or disrespectful. They can like Zac Efron if they want to, and in fact, the guy is already a household name.

chasingbanky 07-19-2008 06:47 PM

Whoever the fuck this Efron kid is, he's probably got a ton more class than some of the posters in this thread...

Ignorant for not watching Tom Cruise movies? More like enlightened.

Bourne101 07-19-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasingbanky (Post 2810789)
Whoever the fuck this Efron kid is, he's probably got a ton more class than some of the posters in this thread...

Ignorant for not watching Tom Cruise movies? More like enlightened.

Oh come on. It's downright ignorant to claim that a teeny bopper actor is going to rise to the likes of Tom Cruise (who without a doubt has had some fantastic roles) without even seeing any of his films. That goes for any person who claims that someone is better than another actor without even seeing any of their films.

You're not even talking in the context of what I was arguing.

countchocula 07-19-2008 06:56 PM

Your point is moot since it's clear that the schmoe in question was merely speaking in terms of popularity. And again, Efron is pretty fucking popular. His career is just getting underway, so barring any bad decisions, he could be a mega hyper super star by the time he is Cruise's age.

Bourne101 07-19-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countchocula (Post 2810799)
Your point is moot since it's clear that the schmoe in question was merely speaking in terms of popularity. And again, Efron is pretty fucking popular. His career is just getting underway, so barring any bad decisions, he could be a mega hyper super star by the time he is Cruise's age.

And I previously clearly explained that I understood that. Then some people cease to listen and keep bringing it up. I then argue my previous stance.

Maybe he will be as popular, but it surely won't be because of talent.

ilovemovies 07-20-2008 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne101 (Post 2810804)
Maybe he will be as popular, but it surely won't be because of talent.

Ah, but see even that is subjective. It won't be because of talent for you but for many he obviously does have talent.

Just like you and I love Cruise but Cruise also has plenty of detracters as well. Especially these days.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.