Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Death Penalty? (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123840)

AshleysDad 08-30-2008 09:48 AM

Death Penalty?
 
Quote:

MUNCIE, Ind. - An Indiana man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison after admitting he forced his 7-year-old daughter to stab the family cat to death.

During his sentencing on Friday, Danield Collins said he was "extremely sorry" for his actions. The judge in the case told him it wasn't "civilized conduct."

In exchange for a guilty plea on animal cruelty and two counts of neglect, prosecutors dropped three other felony charges against the 39-year-old.

Collins' daughter and his 11-year-old son said Collins ordered them to stab the cat in March because he wanted them to "learn to kill."

Police say the boy tried to hide the cat, but Collins found the animal and strangled it while his children watched.

Collins says he was intoxicated at the time and remembers little about what happened that day.

To me it is clear that this person should not be allowed to be around kids. I titled this death penalty, because a person like this needs to just be dead. This is the most horrible story I have came across in a long time. What the hell is wrong with people. Where was PETA? They are too busy worrying about TDK, when they should have been pushing for a longer sentence for this guy.


He said he was "intoxicated". My fucking ass he was. This is always the excuse for everything. Hey, I got been drunk and I never wanted to do any anything like that. Alcohol usually enhances your personality, so by that line of thinking, this man is a fucking nutcase wanna be killer with no regard for any sort of life. If that is the case, then we should fry the fucker. Time to get rid of useless pieces of trash like this from our planet. I know this might shock many of the liberals here, but come on. I am tired of people who physically and mentally hurt innocent creatures, especially children.

Badbird 08-30-2008 10:22 AM

There have been sixteen people wrongly sentenced and put on death row. They were later exonerated by DNA tests that were done after the fact. Had they not had anyone to make the effort to fight for more evidence, then sixteen innocent people would have been put to death.

Are willing to play those odds? I'm not.

The death penalty is archaic and barbaric. As the slogan goes: "Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is bad?"

Vong 08-30-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badbird (Post 2854197)
As the slogan goes: "Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is bad?"

"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them..."

...AshleysDad?

AshleysDad 08-30-2008 01:25 PM

Cry me a river. No system is perfect Badbird. What about the other 99% who were put to death that were guilty? We always forget about those and focus on the minority of innocent. We also forget about the victims and their families.

I have major problems with the penal system. Certain crimes deserve a death sentence. From a standpoint of money, the death penalty is useless. If someone killed someone I cared about, I would hate to see the person get a life sentence and go home in 16 years or whatever the minimum is. Life rarely means life.

I also have a problem with the jails themselves. The jails in the USA are like country clubs. We need more jails like in Europe. I would like to remind the heart collector this, if he is reading. He hates America. Make jail less of a not so bad place to go and maybe less will want to return. Few fear going to jail. It is like college for criminals.

If I am on the commuter boat in The Dark Knight, I am pushing the button to kill all the criminals. I am not taking the chance that Batman will save us from the Joker.

shoe1985 08-30-2008 01:40 PM

I used to be for the death penalty, but once DNA started proving many people weren't the real killers or whatnot, I am neutral on the idea.

I believe it would be better to let someone sit in a jail cell for the rest of their lives, thinking about what they did. I do feel we make it easy for people in jail though. They get cable tv, internet, books to read, and so much more. They are in jail to learn about their mistakes, and they should not be given things many people cannot afford themselves. Make them sit in a jail cell all day looking at the wall.

jolanar 08-30-2008 01:42 PM

Prison is also there to rehabilitate and turn people back to productive citizens. If you ignore that then you may as well kill everyone who commits a crime, fuck second chances.

shoe1985 08-30-2008 01:47 PM

Oh, jolanar you gave me another thought. If someone keeps committing crimes, going to jail, getting out, then going back into jail, it is obvious jail isn't working. They should do more to prevent them from going back.

AshleysDad 08-30-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jolanar (Post 2854387)
Prison is also there to rehabilitate and turn people back to productive citizens. If you ignore that then you may as well kill everyone who commits a crime, fuck second chances.

Quote:

A prison, penitentiary, or correctional facility is a place in which individuals are physically confined or interned and usually deprived of a range of personal freedoms. Prisons are conventionally institutions, which form part of the criminal justice system of a country, such that imprisonment or incarceration is a legal penalty that may be imposed by the state for the commission of a crime.
Prisons are not for rehabiltation. That is what liberals would like to think they are for. The only rehab being done is making those quit alcohol and drugs cold turkey. By a percentage, almost no one comes out a productive citizen. Yes, a few people go on to get degrees in prisions. There are exceptions to every rule. Degrees we pay for by the way. Prisioners only participate in the programs to get time knocked off or mandated by the court, not to better themselves. So what you have are a bunch of people getting out of jail quicker and it did not better them in any way what so ever.

AshleysDad 08-30-2008 04:23 PM

Does anyone want to talk about the guy who tried to make his kids kill the cat?

Bourne101 08-30-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleysDad (Post 2854510)
Does anyone want to talk about the guy who tried to make his kids kill the cat?

No, not really. But did anyone hear about that woman in Ohio who microwaved her month-old daughter? Supposedly it was because she was afraid her boyfriend might leave her if he found out that the baby wasn't his. Now that deserves the death penalty.

Stupid fucking people.

Criminal Rock 08-30-2008 05:24 PM

"jails in the US are like country clubs"...

Well, if that's the case I'll be committing murder ASAP.:rolleyes:

I have some questions, have you ever been to jail, or a jail? Have you ever experienced the racism and politics that goes on behind bars? Cause to me, it's sounds like you need to get that propaganda chip taken out the back of your fuckin' head because you're talking utter and complete shit. Sounds like you don't have a fucking clue.

On the issue of the death penalty, it was useful when there was no other option to punish an individual for a crime such as murder, but now we have the resources to keep these individuals alive and away from society without having to end their lives. And in some very rare cases, these people can be rehabilitated. The death penalty is unnecessary, and those who want it in power tend to use it recklessly.

jolanar 08-30-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleysDad (Post 2854509)
Prisons are not for rehabiltation. That is what liberals would like to think they are for. The only rehab being done is making those quit alcohol and drugs cold turkey. By a percentage, almost no one comes out a productive citizen. Yes, a few people go on to get degrees in prisions. There are exceptions to every rule. Degrees we pay for by the way. Prisioners only participate in the programs to get time knocked off or mandated by the court, not to better themselves. So what you have are a bunch of people getting out of jail quicker and it did not better them in any way what so ever.

So you don't think 18 months in prison is going to help this man who killed his cat at all? He's just going to get out and immediately search for cats to kill? You honestly believe we should end his life?

AshleysDad 08-30-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne101 (Post 2854532)
No, not really. But did anyone hear about that woman in Ohio who microwaved her month-old daughter? Supposedly it was because she was afraid her boyfriend might leave her if he found out that the baby wasn't his. Now that deserves the death penalty.

Stupid fucking people.

I did not hear about that. I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jolanar (Post 2854587)
So you don't think 18 months in prison is going to help this man who killed his cat at all? He's just going to get out and immediately search for cats to kill? You honestly believe we should end his life?

Yes, but not for killing the cat. If you read the whole post, you would have read that I said it was because this type of person has no respect for life. If you read the story, it stated he wanted his kids to learn to kill. You are going to defend this person?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tai Mai Jew (Post 2854547)
"jails in the US are like country clubs"...

Well, if that's the case I'll be committing murder ASAP.:rolleyes:

I have some questions, have you ever been to jail, or a jail? Have you ever experienced the racism and politics that goes on behind bars? Cause to me, it's sounds like you need to get that propaganda chip taken out the back of your fuckin' head because you're talking utter and complete shit. Sounds like you don't have a fucking clue.

On the issue of the death penalty, it was useful when there was no other option to punish an individual for a crime such as murder, but now we have the resources to keep these individuals alive and away from society without having to end their lives. And in some very rare cases, these people can be rehabilitated. The death penalty is unnecessary, and those who want it in power tend to use it recklessly.

It was a comparison of jails in the USA COMPARED to jails in Europe. Prisons in the USA are comparitively like country clubs. If you disagree, go do some research first. I know enough about jail to know I know more than you. And quit bitching about racism and politics. You would have more luck getting into how people with money (Robert Blake) get away with murder and those with no money get the court appointed lawyer.

The death penalty people who would get life instead would not be there for rehabilitation. I would rather spend the sources we have on education and children. I do not want to spend any more than necessary on prisoners. I would rather see prisoners sent to Africa in the Peace Corps to be taught to help people.

Love the screen name and good luck with that murder.

AceD 08-31-2008 12:04 AM

"Yes, but not for killing the cat. If you read the whole post, you would have read that I said it was because this type of person has no respect for life. If you read the story, it stated he wanted his kids to learn to kill. You are going to defend this person?"

I don't want to speak for Jolonar, but there's an enormous difference between defending someone and saying that someone deserves to be put to death. I find it a little hard to swallow that you have read one article that vaugely mentions several alleged offenses of this guy whom you've never met, and you think he should be put to death. Sorry, but the world isn't that black and white, and there's a whole lot of unknowns in this story, and to say the guy needs to die is insane. Now, I'm not defending the guy in any way. I think the sentence fits the crime. But death? Sorry, no.

"It was a comparison of jails in the USA COMPARED to jails in Europe. Prisons in the USA are comparitively like country clubs."

That's like saying having your limbs cut off with a rusty saw is enjoyable compared to being scalped. Yes, our prisons are more humane -- as they should be. The law says that we remove people from society. It doesn't say we actively torture them. It doesn't say we starve them. It doesn't say we treat them as sub-human. Should they be served wonderful food and given primpy beds? No. It shuold be punishement. And it absolutely is. If you really think we should go to the despicable ways of treating prinsoners, then move to one of those countries and support them.

"I know enough about jail to know I know more than you."

Umm, what? You want to read that again and retract that? That's a 100% flawed statement. If you have not been to prison (which is thousands of times more difficult and different than jail) than you do not have room to talk. Jail is horrible. Prison is much more horrible. Quit acting like you know what you are talking about in regards to this, because you clearly don't.

"Prisioners only participate in the programs to get time knocked off or mandated by the court, not to better themselves. So what you have are a bunch of people getting out of jail quicker and it did not better them in any way what so ever."

So in addition to knowing just exactly how bad prison is without ever having been there, you also have a handle of the minds of every prisoner who earns a degree while in prison? And the idea that getting a degree helps prisoners get out quicker is laughable and shows how little you know on the subject. Which is fine. You aren't obligated to know all about it. But again, stop acting like you do.

Badbird 08-31-2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleysDad (Post 2854365)
Cry me a river. No system is perfect Badbird. What about the other 99% who were put to death that were guilty? We always forget about those and focus on the minority of innocent. We also forget about the victims and their families.

Minority of innocent!!!

So lets be sure and get this straight: you are perfectly willing to let innocent people die just so that those who actually deserve the punishment are, in fact, punished?

What happened to thinking about the victims and their families? Which in this case actually IS the victim and their families!


Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleysDad (Post 2854365)
I also have a problem with the jails themselves. The jails in the USA are like country clubs. We need more jails like in Europe. I would like to remind the heart collector this, if he is reading. He hates America. Make jail less of a not so bad place to go and maybe less will want to return. Few fear going to jail. It is like college for criminals.


You're joking, right? Go watch "Locked Up" or whatever it's called on MSNBC. They play it pretty much every night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleysDad (Post 2854365)
If I am on the commuter boat in The Dark Knight, I am pushing the button to kill all the criminals. I am not taking the chance that Batman will save us from the Joker.

And therefore showing you are worse than the criminals and falling right into the Joker's hands. I hope you're joking, because that's a completely psychotic point of view to take.

Badbird 08-31-2008 12:42 AM

By the way, I think we may have found Lynn7's successor.

BadCoverVersion 08-31-2008 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badbird (Post 2854794)
By the way, I think we may have found Lynn7's successor.

Lynn was a bible-bashing conservative to the core, totally blinkered and a complete kook yes...but I doubt she would advocate this nonsense.

I abhor animal cruelty, and this fuckwit needs a stint doing bird and then some...but the death penalty? Come the fuck ON!

AshleysDad, you dismiss the wrongful deaths of 16 (and probably many more) innocent people like it's just part of the territory. I'm sure you would feel very differently if it were your Father or your Uncle Bob. Don't bang on about justice for the victims families and then brush that shit off like it's nothing, purlease.

Isn't capital punishment still legal in certain states in the US?

AshleysDad 08-31-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion (Post 2854870)
Lynn was a bible-bashing conservative to the core, totally blinkered and a complete kook yes...but I doubt she would advocate this nonsense.

I abhor animal cruelty, and this fuckwit needs a stint doing bird and then some...but the death penalty? Come the fuck ON!

AshleysDad, you dismiss the wrongful deaths of 16 (and probably many more) innocent people like it's just part of the territory. I'm sure you would feel very differently if it were your Father or your Uncle Bob. Don't bang on about justice for the victims families and then brush that shit off like it's nothing, purlease.

Isn't capital punishment still legal in certain states in the US?

Liberals: We can save everyone and eveything! We can save the trees. We can save the bugs. We can save people with no souls. And we can pay for it all through taxes. Unless of course by "we " we mean the upper and upper middle class, because the no one in the lower and low middle class should have to pay for anything. Boo hoo.

Stop acting like I am the bad guy and wrong, because I do not think like you do. For liberals, you people are very closed minded and think everyone without your opinion is wrong. How weak. I am a moderate.



You are right, I dismiss the 16 and probably more innocent people who were put to death. I am willing to bet almost all of those 16 did do all other sorts of crimes (not punishable by death) and very few if any of them were 100% totally innocent people who were accused, tried, convicted, had countless appeals and put to death wrongfully. Now you should admit that 16 is a very small percentage of people in the grand scheme of all those who have been put to death. But like I was mocking in my first paragraph of all liberals, you want to save eveything and everyone.


And if any of you bothered to read, I had said from a stand point of money the death penalty is useless. So surprise, I do not support the death penalty system, the way it stands right now. It costs more to kill a prisoner than to keep him locked away for life. If they change the system I would change my stance on the death penalty.


"fuckwit needs a stint doing bird" Fuckwit is funny, nice. Gave me a chuckle. What does bird mean?

States with Death Penalty
Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Illinois
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Mexico
North Carolina
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Washington
Wyoming


State without: Almost all Liberal states.
Alaska
Hawaii
Iowa
Maine
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
North Dakota
New Jersey
New York
Rhode Island
Vermont
West Virginia
Wisconsin
ALSO
- Dist. of Columbia

jolanar 08-31-2008 09:56 AM

You do know the only reason the death penalty is allowed in any state is as a deterrent to crime, not as a vengeance/kill 'bad' people program?

BadCoverVersion 08-31-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleysDad (Post 2854914)
Liberals: We can save everyone and eveything! We can save the trees. We can save the bugs. We can save people with no souls. And we can pay for it all through taxes. Unless of course by "we " we mean the upper and upper middle class, because the no one in the lower and low middle class should have to pay for anything. Boo hoo.

Stop acting like I am the bad guy and wrong, because I do not think like you do. For liberals, you people are very closed minded and think everyone without your opinion is wrong. How weak. I am a moderate.



You are right, I dismiss the 16 and probably more innocent people who were put to death. I am willing to bet almost all of those 16 did do all other sorts of crimes (not punishable by death) and very few if any of them were 100% totally innocent people who were accused, tried, convicted, had countless appeals and put to death wrongfully. Now you should admit that 16 is a very small percentage of people in the grand scheme of all those who have been put to death. But like I was mocking in my first paragraph of all liberals, you want to save eveything and everyone.


And if any of you bothered to read, I had said from a stand point of money the death penalty is useless. So surprise, I do not support the death penalty system, the way it stands right now. It costs more to kill a prisoner than to keep him locked away for life. If they change the system I would change my stance on the death penalty.


"fuckwit needs a stint doing bird" Fuckwit is funny, nice. Gave me a chuckle. What does bird mean?

Liberal isn't a dirty word here in the UK. It just means you're tolerant of others and generally quite open-minded.

I'm not a 'do-gooder' by any stretch of the imagination and I don't think saving trees even comes into this but I do recycle and keep an eye on my carbon footprint if that's what you're getting at. You have a child don't you? I would have thought you might actually give a rats ass about what state this world might end up in...for the sake of her and her future family at the very least.

Working class people pay taxes don't they? It doesn't start and end with the Middle and Upper Classes.

I'm not acting like you're the bad guy...not at all. I just don't agree that the wrongful death of 16 people is acceptable at all. Period. I'm not a betting person so I won't take you up on your wager but I don't think it matters if these people were whiter-than-white or complete scumbags. They were executed for a crime they didn't commit, end of story. Who are we to argue their shortcomings in a vein attempt to justify them being robbed of their lives?

Read about Timothy Evans and the 10 Rillington Place case. Better still watch the marvelous film. When you discover how a completely innocent man was hung back in the 50's for the murder of his Wife and child then you might feel differently.

It's easy to say "16 people, SO WHAT!?" but I'm sure if you endeavor to learn about individual cases you might not be so quick to dismiss these poor, dead bastards.

That's a LOT of states that still have the death penalty...I'm rather shocked actually.

Oh, and 'doing bird' is a British saying...means doing time in prison. I'm unsure where it actually originates from, but presume it is related to Cockney rhyming slang somehow.

AshleysDad 08-31-2008 03:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_yTCODyUCE
Classic song, off a classic album.



So what! 16 wrongly excuted people. It is a shame, but I am not going to lose sleep over it. Nor am I going to base my argument on the minority of cases and make that the reason why the death penalty system does not work.

Thank you jolanar for stating the obvious.
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...ThankYou-1.jpg

AshleysDad 08-31-2008 04:13 PM

What might be considered the opposite opinion you might I might have, I think the police should be like England and not carry guns. I think far more people are shot and killed by police firing on people than wrongfully executed people.

BadCoverVersion 08-31-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleysDad (Post 2855208)
What might be considered the opposite opinion you might I might have, I think the police should be like England and not carry guns. I think far more people are shot and killed by police firing on people than wrongfully executed people.

Gun crime/incidents involving guns are rarely an issue in the UK at all...so you've definitely got a point.

I just disagree with capital punishment as I think it reflects very badly on society as a whole.

Could you elaborate as to why you think it's an effective deterrent? Or do you actually just agree with it as you think it is what the criminals deserve?

I'm not trying to be confrontational. I'm simply curious.

someguy 08-31-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleysDad (Post 2855195)
So what! 16 wrongly excuted people. It is a shame, but I am not going to lose sleep over it. Nor am I going to base my argument on the minority of cases and make that the reason why the death penalty system does not work.

My mind is blown by how fucking awful this opinion is.

AshleysDad 08-31-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion (Post 2855229)
Gun crime/incidents involving guns are rarely an issue in the UK at all...so you've definitely got a point.

I just disagree with capital punishment as I think it reflects very badly on society as a whole.

Could you elaborate as to why you think it's an effective deterrent? Or do you actually just agree with it as you think it is what the criminals deserve?

I'm not trying to be confrontational. I'm simply curious.

To me it is more of a money issue. Right now the death penalty costs more than just to keep the person in jail for life. I don't see the problem being fixed, so until it is I am not in favor of the death penalty. I am not going to sweat the few innocent people who were killed. Plus, with the use of the same technology that allowed some people to be cleared will prevent others from a wrongful death. Thus lowering the number to hopefully almost no one. I am a big believer in prison justice. Those people know how to punish the truly evil humans like child molesters.

I don't think prison or the death penalty is an effective deterrent at all. Hell,
I would jump at the chance to steal millions of dollars and only get a few years of prison.

Quote:

Originally Posted by someguy (Post 2855257)
My mind is blown by how fucking awful this opinion is.

Awwwwwwww Here is a balloon for you!
http://www.balloonmoments.co.uk/imag...ell/eeyore.jpg

mel1ssa 08-31-2008 08:47 PM

this thread is ridiculous.

ashley's dad, you claim that you don't sweat the insignificant few who died in the name of the death penalty. i say, if the bigger picture is important to you, then you should be concerned that our justice system is not working -- people who are not guilty of their accused crimes (innocence has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation) get executed. i also think that someone's life is worth more than your sweat and casual dismissiveness.

big picture - something's not working. do you think that death penalty cases are the only ones where the not guilty are punished?

and we only know about the 16... how many were not guilty but we don't know about it?

AshleysDad 08-31-2008 10:45 PM

I disagree Mel1ssa, but thanks for weighing in. This first clip is just for you. God George Carlin nailed it. He was awesome. I miss him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw



This second clip is also for you Mel1ssa, this answers your question to how I feel about the billions of not guilty people who were executed. I say billions, because I think you believe all people are not guilty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_yTCODyUCE


And where the heck is Shoe?

someguy 08-31-2008 10:56 PM

Yet another stunning example of maturity from AshleysDad, no wonder you have such a complex and fair view on the death penalty.

AshleysDad 08-31-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someguy (Post 2855542)
Yet another stunning example of maturity from AshleysDad, no wonder you have such a complex and fair view on the death penalty.

You sir get a thank you balloon.

http://www.buballoons.co.uk/images/6...0thank%20u.jpg

unspoken 08-31-2008 11:24 PM

I would like to ask a question to all the anti-Death penalty people...


If a criminal had DNA evidence against him to support he did the crime, or, if he gave an uncoerced confession to the crime, would you support the Death Penalty then?

someguy 08-31-2008 11:32 PM

No, I'd support life in solitary confinement. The death penalty is old Hammurabi's Law 'eye for an eye' bullshit now.

Brando @$$ Fat 08-31-2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion (Post 2854991)
Oh, and 'doing bird' is a British saying...means doing time in prison. I'm unsure where it actually originates from, but presume it is related to Cockney rhyming slang somehow.

Isn't "bird" a term used to describe a female? If that's the case then it's probably sexual, since we're talking about prison. The guy definitely deserves to get fucked in the ass by a roughneck named Carly.

Badbird 08-31-2008 11:48 PM

Breaking News:


AshleysDad has gone missing.

He was last seen falling off his rocker and jumping off the deep end at the same time.

His whereabouts are unknown, but family members said he could be on his way to the newsstand to pick up the latest issue of Internet Tough-guy Magazine.

If you see him, call our tips hotline at 1-800-CRAZY-GUY.

Here is a recent photo:

http://www.filmsy.com/wp-content/upl...er-5-17-07.jpg

jolanar 08-31-2008 11:50 PM

Badbird you just made my night.

mel1ssa 08-31-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleysDad (Post 2855523)
I disagree Mel1ssa, but thanks for weighing in. This first clip is just for you. God George Carlin nailed it. He was awesome. I miss him.


This second clip is also for you Mel1ssa, this answers your question to how I feel about the billions of not guilty people who were executed. I say billions, because I think you believe all people are not guilty.

diversions and balloons. good tactics. for 3-year olds.

you believe in the death penalty, but you are dismissive of how the penalty is administered. this says a lot about the value you place on a person's life. you are dangerous.

words like 'not guilty' and 'innocence' mean entirely different things in the context of our justice system. it's sad that i have to explain this to you.

(your response was completely OT. but, we agree that carlin was funny. i loved the link.)

BadCoverVersion 09-01-2008 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unspoken (Post 2855585)
I would like to ask a question to all the anti-Death penalty people...


If a criminal had DNA evidence against him to support he did the crime, or, if he gave an uncoerced confession to the crime, would you support the Death Penalty then?

No.

I'm in agreement with someguy.

Solitary confinement...forcefed if they hunger strike, on suicide watch etc.
I would like them to reflect on what they have done for the rest of their days, alone, away from society.

I think all of these home comforts we hear about are grossly exaggerated, but I don't think they should have ANY if I'm honest.

Lets get back to basics with a bed and a bucket and an hours exercise every day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat (Post 2855599)
Isn't "bird" a term used to describe a female? If that's the case then it's probably sexual, since we're talking about prison. The guy definitely deserves to get fucked in the ass by a roughneck named Carly.

Well yes, bird is what you might call your girlfriend...but I don't think they are related. It has something to do with bird lime = doing time. Cockney rhyming slang is pretty convoluted at the best of times.

AshleysDad 09-01-2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someguy (Post 2855592)
No, I'd support life in solitary confinement. The death penalty is old Hammurabi's Law 'eye for an eye' bullshit now.

This is the problem with Americans. Spoiled. Lazy. Weak. You forget how harsh most of the rest of the world really is. I thank God everyday that I do not have to rest my hopes on people like you that keep my country safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badbird (Post 2855605)
Breaking News:


AshleysDad has gone missing.

He was last seen falling off his rocker and jumping off the deep end at the same time.

His whereabouts are unknown, but family members said he could be on his way to the newsstand to pick up the latest issue of Internet Tough-guy Magazine.

If you see him, call our tips hotline at 1-800-CRAZY-GUY.

Funny! But I would have rather been a poor Batman not a low rent Punisher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mel1ssa (Post 2855614)
diversions and balloons. good tactics. for 3-year olds.

you believe in the death penalty, but you are dismissive of how the penalty is administered. this says a lot about the value you place on a person's life. you are dangerous.

words like 'not guilty' and 'innocence' mean entirely different things in the context of our justice system. it's sad that i have to explain this to you.

(your response was completely OT. but, we agree that carlin was funny. i loved the link.)

Your points are those of a 3 year old, so I will treat you like a 3 year old. You don't like my points and I refuse to say them over, because you can't read. I place no value on a person's life who kills another person and has no remorse about the deed.

Shut up about not guilty and innocence and explaining to me how liberal you are. I get it. Everyone is not guilty, because they are all innocent. The blame goes to someone else right? Save the trees, save the bees, save the whale, save those snails. Liberal.

mel1ssa 09-01-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleysDad (Post 2855728)
I place no value on a person's life who kills another person and has no remorse about the deed.

Shut up about not guilty and innocence and explaining to me how liberal you are. I get it. Everyone is not guilty, because they are all innocent. The blame goes to someone else right? Save the trees, save the bees, save the whale, save those snails. Liberal.

badbird's comment was that 16 people have later been exonerated based on DNA evidence. these are lives that you dismissed. these are not people who killed 'another person and has no remorse about the deed' (above). these are people who were not guilty of murder but were to be executed anyway. again, you are dismissive of this information, which indicates you place very little value on people's lives and are in fact dangerous.

your comments:
Quote:

You are right, I dismiss the 16 and probably more innocent people who were put to death. I am willing to bet almost all of those 16 did do all other sorts of crimes (not punishable by death) and very few if any of them were 100% totally innocent people who were accused, tried, convicted, had countless appeals and put to death wrongfully. Now you should admit that 16 is a very small percentage of people in the grand scheme of all those who have been put to death. But like I was mocking in my first paragraph of all liberals, you want to save eveything and everyone.
you introduced the issue of innocence in this thread. you also contradicted yourself by acknowledging that whatever a person did in the past may not be punishable by death. when i first posted, and again the second time, i thought the idea of innocence and not guilty deserved some clarity. since you were obviously not focusing well.

of course, there were balloons to easily distract you...

the death penalty deserves a degree of gravity far beyond what you have given it.

Badbird 09-01-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleysDad (Post 2855728)
This is the problem with Americans. Spoiled. Lazy. Weak. You forget how harsh most of the rest of the world really is. I thank God everyday that I do not have to rest my hopes on people like you that keep my country safe.

So we need to toughen up on crime and such? Maybe we should start acting like other countries that have the death penalty, like Sudan and Saudi Arabia.


By the way, that 16 number was just from recent DNA technology. Since 1973 there have been over 120 people and counting who were wrongfully placed on death row.

Thank god for slow moving bureaucracy so that there lives were spared.

Vong 09-01-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleysDad (Post 2855728)
I thank God everyday that I do not have to rest my hopes on people like you that keep my country safe.

Your god must be thanking you for being a true Christian Knight in smiting the wicked and upholding archaic laws.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.