Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Someone think of the gangsters!!! (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131465)

jackson13 07-22-2009 11:52 AM

Someone think of the gangsters!!!
 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32050465...consumer_news/

My brain hurts from all of this. Ouch.



The stick comment has been edited out. Hope everyone is happy now.

Abbie Normal 07-22-2009 12:59 PM

I read that earlier today.

A quote about kids in low income, urban areas from Holly P. Alford, a professor of fashion design at Virginia Commonwealth University who studies youth and African-American fashion
Quote:

"They feel like their society looks down on them," Alford said. "Sometimes some of these status symbols are just a way of saying, 'Hey, look! Here I am. See who I am?'"

Maybe it is time for someone to go to these kids and tell them to grow up. It doesn't seem to bother kids in countries like Thailand or India who are just as poor and barely have clean drinking water. Or that same person can say, "Work hard, study and you will get ahead and then your kids can have what you can't have right now."

FLAME_ON 07-22-2009 01:19 PM

My heart goes out to those guys...

QUENTIN 07-22-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbie Normal (Post 3081588)
Maybe it is time for someone to go to these kids and tell them to grow up. It doesn't seem to bother kids in countries like Thailand or India who are just as poor and barely have clean drinking water. Or that same person can say, "Work hard, study and you will get ahead and then your kids can have what you can't have right now."

The practice of buying more than you can afford is patently dumb. But...

Kids in Thailand and India don't live blocks away from the richest people in the world. Kids in Thailand and India are not constantly inundated everywhere they turn by advertising that targets them and convinces them of the aura and status symbol of nice things, or that "Clothes make the man" and one must "Fake it till they make it." Poor kids in Thailand and India may even be just as deeply insecure and depressed as poor kids here, but they're not part of a society that values material wealth above all else. It's entirely different societies and cultures, so of course the deficits of this society manifest themselves differently than the deficits in another, particularly among our poor because they are uniquely situated within the wealthiest country on Earth.

Also, the idea that if you "Work hard, study [then] you will get ahead and then your kids can have what you can't have right now." is one of the saddest and least accurate lies we attempt to sell. The fact is, if you're urban poor in this country, unless you're a statistical anomaly like geniuses with decent home lives, those with incredible athletic prowess, or one of the lucky one-in-a-million whose stories are so unique we use them motivationally, you're almost certainly going to remain urban poor mostly irrespective of how "hard you work and study" at your low-paying, low-responsibility job and terrible school.

BakeTheMooCow 07-22-2009 01:38 PM

So poor + black = gangster.

I see.

someguy 07-22-2009 01:41 PM

One time I saw someone drowning in a lake and I told them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps I'm sure it helped.

QUENTIN 07-22-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BakeTheMooCow (Post 3081636)
So poor + black = gangster.

I see.

Especially interesting considering the article specifically details that the subjects are a dockworker helping support his mother and trying to send his little sister to college while studying in a community youth program to get his GED, and two recently laid-off guys saving their money to support their families while they also study in the program to get their GEDs (in other words, working hard and studying hard). How gangster of them.

They don't want to be looked down on for being poor, but now must because they have to use their meager earnings to help their families...just classic comedy. I hope they don't "pop a cap" at me for messing with their radios. Doesn't it make you just want to beat them with a stick?

jackson13 07-22-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUENTIN (Post 3081643)
Doesn't it make you just want to beat them with a stick?

It makes me want to beat them with a stick because they are in fact working to help their families, yet here they are bitching and complaining that they cant afford name brand clothing to help them look "gangster" anymore. They need to wake up and realize that clothes dont make you who you are, and the fact that if you need to dress yourself in name brand clothing in order to be seen as something different, or better than you yourself believe you are, is downright pathetic.

The clothes I'm wearing right now, a t-shirt, shorts and boxers, all cost me a combined $15. You dont hear me whining in the news one tiny little bit that because of what I have on means I'm not a good person, or that I'm poor. Its not what you wear that makes you what you are, its what you do and who you become. I'll respect the fact that they are dock workers and whatnot, trying to provide for a family. I'll respect that any time any day of the week. But what I dont respect is someone crying out for sympathy because they can no longer afford the type of clothing they mention in the article.


And by the way, I used the term gangster, because I originally read the article on Fark.com and the term used in the headline there was "Blingster". Gangster, unlike blingster, is a real term/real word and I went for that.




Edit: Also, when you go out and spend $300 for a pair of jeans or $500 a week on clothes or whatever, that is the exact reason why you are poor. These morons apparently cant understand that, so they blame it on the color of their skin and say "I'm poor because I'm black and I get held down by the man because of my skin color" instead of waking the fuck up and realizing "shit, maybe I'm poor because I dont know how to save money or spend wisely. Maybe instead of dropping $300 for those jeans I could put that $300 in the bank and help myself and my family out even more...."

QUENTIN 07-22-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson13 (Post 3081715)
It makes me want to beat them with a stick because they are in fact working to help their families, yet here they are bitching and complaining that they cant afford name brand clothing to help them look "gangster" anymore. They need to wake up and realize that clothes dont make you who you are, and the fact that if you need to dress yourself in name brand clothing in order to be seen as something different, or better than you yourself believe you are, is downright pathetic.

Poverty is indeed pathetic. The deep-seated insecurity, shame, and depression that come with being destitute in an incredibly wealthy nation that values material possessions so highly often manifest themselves in trying to mask how poor you are so that it's not so immediately obvious to the people around you and you don't feel so worthless and ashamed. Being the victim of institutionalized poverty is certainly something we should beat people for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson13 (Post 3081715)
The clothes I'm wearing right now, a t-shirt, shorts and boxers, all cost me a combined $15. You dont hear me whining in the news one tiny little bit that because of what I have on means I'm not a good person, or that I'm poor. Its not what you wear that makes you what you are, its what you do and who you become. I'll respect the fact that they are dock workers and whatnot, trying to provide for a family. I'll respect that any time any day of the week. But what I dont respect is someone crying out for sympathy because they can no longer afford the type of clothing they mention in the article.

Your assumption that they are whining, complaining, bitching, and "crying out for sympathy" in the news seems to suppose that a couple of poor black teenagers and young twenty-somethings called up a newspaper editor complaining about how they can't afford nice things anymore with the recession and they demand people know their plight because it's so sad and the newspaper decided to run the story. This isn't realistic, but it is what would be required for the young guys to be responsible for the story and gaming for sympathy. Instead, it seems, some reporter was curious how the economic depression has effected designer clothing lines and, knowing many of the urban poor wear designer clothes, went to a local youth education office to try to find some quotes. There, she probably asked people whether or not they bought less nice clothes nowadays, and the kids responded that yeah, while they used to have a nice pair of Nikes and could afford 7-for-all-mankind jeans, now times are tight and they don't have any extra cash to spend on themselves, it all goes towards necessities, which for them are ample because unlike most people their age, they're also helping support a family. Just makes you wanna bash their fucking skulls in with a pipe, huh?


Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson13 (Post 3081715)
And by the way, I used the term gangster, because I originally read the article on Fark.com and the term used in the headline there was "Blingster". Gangster, unlike blingster, is a real term/real word and I went for that.

But "blingster", while indeed not recognized Oxford's English, is at least a somewhat accurate descriptor of the subjects. Even "blingster" might be pushing it and perpetuating a stereotype, since this is describing designer jeans, hats, and shoes worth a few hundred dollars not the gold and diamond jewelry worth tens of thousands of dollars that is commonly described as "bling," but at least it's the same ballpark. "Gangster" however is not remotely the same thing, gangster means "A member of a gang of criminals" (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gangster). These guys are all studying for their GED and working legitimate jobs or were recently laid off from legitimate jobs, not robbing, dealing drugs, or killing people. So calling them gangsters is inaccurate, insulting, and hints at something latent expressed later.


Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson13 (Post 3081715)
Edit: Also, when you go out and spend $300 for a pair of jeans or $500 a week on clothes or whatever, that is the exact reason why you are poor. These morons apparently cant understand that, so they blame it on the color of their skin and say "I'm poor because I'm black and I get held down by the man because of my skin color" instead of waking the fuck up and realizing "shit, maybe I'm poor because I dont know how to save money or spend wisely. Maybe instead of dropping $300 for those jeans I could put that $300 in the bank and help myself and my family out even more...."

There we go, nothing latent about it now. Fuck those stupid, lazy blacks, right? It doesn't matter that they were born into poverty, given no access to proper education, likely had one working parent and no other adult supervision, dealt with dangerous and crime-ridden neighborhoods with no effective policing to protect them, and almost certainly never saw any example of saving extra money in the unlikely event that there ever was any extra money around to be saved (the median net worth of black Americans, less a house and a car, is $0). It's totally their fault and they're morons for selfishly buying things for themselves that were beyond their means, no teenagers do that except ones that need to be hit with sticks. They shouldn't be commended for working hard to help raise and support their siblings and single mothers, they just need to get hit upside the head by big white guys who know better. Brilliant.

Preston_79 07-22-2009 05:58 PM

Well it looks like the poor economy is forcing these idiots to budget their money. I say idiots, because you are one if you're making under 20G a year and buying designer clothing. 20 years old, living with your mother, who's also helping you raise your 8 year old, and you want designer clothes? Let's try supporting yourself first.

Quentin saying you look gangster is just an expression, it doesn't have anything to do with being a thugs. You can dress gangster and still be a law abiding citizen. I've also heard the expression used by whites. You're tripping out on Jackson over nothing.


THESE PEOPLE AREN'T PATHETIC BECAUSE THEIR POOR, it's because their dumb. They just happen to be poor and dumb.

BakeTheMooCow 07-22-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preston_79 (Post 3081835)
Quentin saying you look gangster is just an expression, it doesn't have anything to do with being a thugs. You can dress gangster and still be a law abiding citizen. I've also heard the expression used by whites. You're tripping out on Jackson over nothing.

It has everything to do with race. Words are not meaningless.

QUENTIN 07-22-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preston_79 (Post 3081835)
Well it looks like the poor economy is forcing these idiots to budget their money. I say idiots, because you are one if you're making under 20G a year and buying designer clothing. 20 years old, living with your mother, who's also helping you raise your 8 year old, and you want designer clothes? Let's try supporting yourself first.

Quentin saying you look gangster is just an expression, it doesn't have anything to do with being a thugs. You can dress gangster and still be a law abiding citizen. I've also heard the expression used by whites. You're tripping out on Jackson over nothing.


THESE PEOPLE AREN'T PATHETIC BECAUSE THEIR POOR, it's because their dumb. They just happen to be poor and dumb.

Except that's not true. What I'm saying is, what you, jackson, and many decry as stupid and mock or react to violently has little to do with intelligence and instead is a direct result of being poor in America. Being raised in poverty in a country that so highly values wealth leads to feelings of worthlessness and deep-seated insecurity. When one is raised in a society that measures the worth of a person by how much money they have, those without money feel like they are of little value and are ashamed.

One of the most common coping mechanisms to combat this is to vainly attempt to appear like you're worth more than you are by buying nicer things than you can reasonably afford. As the first quoted young man says, it helped him feel confident, a confidence he likely sorely lacked in general due to the long-term depression of insitutionalized poverty. I'm not saying living beyond your means isn't self-destructive behavior and it wouldn't be better if people only bought what they could afford, but I'm explaining that it is not because these people are dumb or need to be hit with sticks, it is a very common and understandable, if unfortunate, reaction to their horrible environments and sympathy rather than misplaced anger is a more appropriate and reasonable reaction.

This also isn't some psychobabble speculation, it is a well understood and documented phenomenon among America's urban poor that is actually explicitly referenced by every professional interviewed in that story. That and the obvious racial overtones to what jackson has said are what I'm taking him to task for.

Abbie Normal 07-22-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUENTIN (Post 3081635)
The practice of buying more than you can afford is patently dumb. But...

Kids in Thailand and India don't live blocks away from the richest people in the world. Kids in Thailand and India are not constantly inundated everywhere they turn by advertising that targets them and convinces them of the aura and status symbol of nice things, or that "Clothes make the man" and one must "Fake it till they make it." Poor kids in Thailand and India may even be just as deeply insecure and depressed as poor kids here, but they're not part of a society that values material wealth above all else. It's entirely different societies and cultures, so of course the deficits of this society manifest themselves differently than the deficits in another, particularly among our poor because they are uniquely situated within the wealthiest country on Earth.

Also, the idea that if you "Work hard, study [then] you will get ahead and then your kids can have what you can't have right now." is one of the saddest and least accurate lies we attempt to sell. The fact is, if you're urban poor in this country, unless you're a statistical anomaly like geniuses with decent home lives, those with incredible athletic prowess, or one of the lucky one-in-a-million whose stories are so unique we use them motivationally, you're almost certainly going to remain urban poor mostly irrespective of how "hard you work and study" at your low-paying, low-responsibility job and terrible school.

Have you been to Thailand? I have it is not nearly as bad as you think.

I came from an urban poor community. I worked hard and now I live in an overpriced $350,000 house. It does not take much to live a decent middle class life.

Tweek 07-22-2009 06:32 PM

Three things:

My head hurts from the use of the word gangster in this thread.

I felt my eyes well with joyful tears when I read about Gap Inc's sales being down.

That guy fathered a son when he was 12?! :eek:

BakeTheMooCow 07-22-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbie Normal (Post 3081855)
Have you been to Thailand? I have it is not nearly as bad as you think.

I came from an urban poor community. I worked hard and now I live in an overpriced $350,000 house. It does not take much to live a decent middle class life.

Your experience =/= the experience of everyone else in this country.

jackson13 07-22-2009 06:35 PM

You know, I had a huge post here that I went back over and deleted because it was so filled with anger over what has transpired in this thread. I made a topic about a news article I read where people are whining because they cant afford to spend hundreds of dollars on things they dont need, and instead should be focused on providing for themselves and their families, and it got turned into "whoa, jackson13 is a racist scumbag who hates "niggers"".

If my words are going to get interpreted into things I never meant or said, then I see no point in continuing to post in this thread. Congratulations, Quentin, you have officially shut me up. Thanks!

The Postmaster General 07-22-2009 06:54 PM

I don't know, WWE tickets are pretty expensive too.

jackson13 07-22-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove (Post 3081865)
I don't know, WWE tickets are pretty expensive too.

Yes, they are. In fact, its the sole reason why, in my 25 years on this planet, I have only been to one show, back in 2004.

Btw, thats the second time in as many days that I have been flamed, or attempted to be insulted, over having a WWE wrestler as my avatar. Now, the avatar is gone because I'm just sick of it. Guess people are gonna have to find something else to flame me over. Oh wait, its been done in this thread: I apparently hate black people.

Reigh Kaufman 07-22-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson13 (Post 3081892)
Yes, they are. In fact, its the sole reason why, in my 25 years on this planet, I have only been to one show, back in 2004.

Btw, thats the second time in as many days that I have been flamed, or attempted to be insulted, over having a WWE A as my avatar. Now, the avatar is gone because I'm just sick of it. Guess people are gonna have to find something else to flame me over. Oh wait, its been done in this thread: I apparently hate black people.

Jackson13, not sure what is going on here and a malware infection is making my computer loopy, but why are people accusing you of being a racist and flaming you?

'Cos, fuck, I'll vouch for you.

jackson13 07-22-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman (Post 3081904)
Jackson13, not sure what is going on here and a malware infection is making my computer loopy, but why are people accusing you of being a racist and flaming you?

'Cos, fuck them, I'll vouch for you.

Because when I posted this thread to discuss this I said that the people interviewed in the news story should be beaten with sticks for being stupid. Stupid as in they go out and spend hundred of dollars on things they dont need then complain that they are poor and being held down.

That got turned into "jackson13 hates black people". The flame part, I probably misinterpreted myself, but I was insulted yesterday for being a WWE fan and Bubba, while I know he jokes a lot and means well, used that against me in here insinuating that I waste my money by being a WWE fan. So I got rid of my avatar because I figure twice in 2 days is quite enough.

Preston_79 07-22-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUENTIN (Post 3081850)
Except that's not true. What I'm saying is, what you, jackson, and many decry as stupid and mock or react to violently has little to do with intelligence and instead is a direct result of being poor in America. Being raised in poverty in a country that so highly values wealth leads to feelings of worthlessness and deep-seated insecurity. When one is raised in a society that measures the worth of a person by how much money they have, those without money feel like they are of little value and are ashamed.

We'll have to disagree there. I've known many poor people. My parents were poor most of my young life, and they never in a million years would spend money on bullshit material items. That's probably in part why they aren't poor anymore.

This is a cultural problem and a family values problem.

Reigh Kaufman 07-22-2009 08:05 PM

Yeah, sorry - managed to read most of - not all of - the posts.

Bubba is clearly joking.

The point was not lost on me, but ****** has been politicizing every post he has made for at least a year - and how this thread has turned from a casual observation on stupidity to a Chomsky/Klein discussion of class/race and how it relates to corporate globalization and consumption is beyond me.

Like I said: I vouch for you - seven years and not one vaguely racist comment tells me that half the responses misunderstood the intention behind your original post.

But, you know, that's the result of a poor education system...

(Who is this post aimed at? Let's find a bandwagon - and JUMP ON IT!)

P.S. I have a malware problem. Anyone have any simple step-by-step instructions I can follow? It's powerful - keeps stopping me removing it by blocking malware removers).

jackson13 07-22-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman (Post 3081967)
P.S. I have a malware problem. Anyone have any simple step-by-step instructions I can follow? It's powerful - keeps stopping me removing it by blocking malware removers).

I just had an all out attack on my PC on Sunday. Took me 3 programs and 12 hours to rid it, and even now it still has things going on. I downloaded Avair and ran a scan and left it up to run as my virus defender, then spybot, to rid my pc of spyware, only to have to remove some and not all of it and then had to downloaded A Squared and ran that as well, which got the rest. Now Avair runs and pops up to warn me now when something goes on. Guess thats what I get for not running an anti-virus program for so long. Good luck.

Reigh Kaufman 07-22-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson13 (Post 3081976)
I just had an all out attack on my PC on Sunday. Took me 3 programs and 12 hours to rid it, and even now it still has things going on. I downloaded Avair and ran a scan and left it up to run as my virus defender, then spybot, to rid my pc of spyware, only to have to remove some and not all of it and then had to downloaded A Squared and ran that as well, which got the rest. Now Avair runs and pops up to warn me now when something goes on. Guess thats what I get for not running an anti-virus program for so long. Good luck.

Thanks - I'll give it a shot.

Meanwhile, put your avatar back. Who cares what they think? My avatar is from a kids book.

jackson13 07-22-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman (Post 3081989)
Thanks - I'll give it a shot.

Meawhile, put your avatar back. Who cares what they think? My avatar is from a kids book.

Actually, I didnt know you could not have one. I kinda like it this way. Now I'm just a name. Nothing associated with me.

The Postmaster General 07-22-2009 09:31 PM

My comment about WWE had nothing to do with you, jackson13. When in my time here have I done anything close to resembling making fun of someone's avatar? I was originally going to put Nascar tickets, but I wasn't sure they were expensive, and knew WWE was, so I went with what I knew. I don't even know who was on your avatar, and more unlikely would knew if they were WWE or some other wrestling league. I also hadn't read whatever comments you made that were racist, as I only looked at this thread today.

jackson13 07-22-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove (Post 3082044)
My comment about WWE had nothing to do with you, jackson13. When in my time here have I done anything close to resembling making fun of someone's avatar? I was originally going to put Nascar tickets, but I wasn't sure they were expensive, and knew WWE was, so I went with what I knew. I don't even know who was on your avatar, and more unlikely would knew if they were WWE or some other wrestling league. I also hadn't read whatever comments you made that were racist, as I only looked at this thread today.

Glad that was cleared up. I had a feeling you meant nothing by it but sometimes you just cant tell. As for my racist comments, there are none. Words were put into my mouth and things were just interpreted as me having said some.

The Heart Collector 07-22-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbie Normal (Post 3081588)
Maybe it is time for someone to go to these kids and tell them to grow up. It doesn't seem to bother kids in countries like Thailand or India who are just as poor and barely have clean drinking water.

Yeah. Like those kids in Slumdog Millionaire. They seemed chill.

echo_bravo 07-23-2009 09:42 AM

Hilarious and pathetic article all in one.

I feel for some of these guys that have to grow up in really tough enviroments but hey, lifes not fair. And it will never be fair.

And its weird that everyone ganged up on jackson13 and making him out to be racist or something. Bill Cosby has been saying this exact same shit for years.

The Postmaster General 07-23-2009 09:50 AM

I still don't believe the story is serious - I mean, I don't know if this is just a goof or not. Everything is all fucked up. Seth Rogan is really acting like he had the piss taken out of him. Bruno isn't really pulling a prank on eminem. What did you punks do to my Internet?

The Heart Collector 07-23-2009 11:17 AM

Bill Cosby said it too ! AND HE'S BLACK!! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.


that and the black friend i have.



.

BlownCamaro 07-23-2009 11:39 AM

Why should I feel bad for low income idiots who can not afford $500 shoes anymore? I have been low income and also mid-income and never once thought about buying a $500 pair of shoes or a $65,000 escalade. Just stupid.

Preston_79 07-23-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echo_bravo (Post 3082392)
WTF is this directed at me?

Man, my head hurts from reading all this shit. (facepalm)

As for Cosby, he has said in his speeches at NAACP events regarding some of these things. "low income families buying 150 dollar sneakers when they should be buying diapers" etc etc.

But then again, Cosby is looked at as an Uncle Tom by a lot of his own people so fuck him:rolleyes:



Only the first two sentences and I was only being sarcastic.

What follows is directed to those so eager to twist things and call out what they think is racist. Does Jackson13 have a history of saying racist shit, no. Let's just take one thread and start making accusations before asking for some clarification.

Smarmy Douche 07-23-2009 12:09 PM

This thread is hilarious.

Preston_79 07-23-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echo_bravo (Post 3082252)

And its weird that everyone ganged up on jackson13 and making him out to be racist or something. Bill Cosby has been saying this exact same shit for years.


Bill Cosby popped in my mind as well. I had no idea Cosby didn't like black people.

Thanks for calling out Jackson13 for the racist he is. Maybe a black guy will read this thread and be filled with hope knowing there are good white people out there pointing out this sort of thing. Who knows you might get some fresh water in your bowl. Good boy.

echo_bravo 07-23-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preston_79 (Post 3082371)
Bill Cosby popped in my mind as well. I had no idea Cosby didn't like black people.

Thanks for calling out Jackson13 for the racist he is. Maybe a black guy will read this thread and be filled with hope knowing there are good white people out there pointing out this sort of thing. Who knows you might get some fresh water in your bowl. Good boy.

WTF is this directed at me?

Man, my head hurts from reading all this shit. (facepalm)

As for Cosby, he has said in his speeches at NAACP events regarding some of these things. "low income families buying 150 dollar sneakers when they should be buying diapers" etc etc.

But then again, Cosby is looked at as an Uncle Tom by a lot of his own people so fuck him:rolleyes:

echo_bravo 07-23-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Heart Collector (Post 3082311)
Bill Cosby said it too ! AND HE'S BLACK!! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.


that and the black friend i have.



.

My mistake dawg

ITS THE WHITE MANS FAULT!!!! ITS ALL THAT FANCY ADVERTISIN THE WHITE MAN DOES AND IT LIKE MANIPULATES ME AND SHIT!

FIGHT THE POWER!

That better?;)

Natty 07-23-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson13 (Post 3081862)
If my words are going to get interpreted into things I never meant or said, then I see no point in continuing to post in this thread.

I don't think you're especially racist, but you do contradict yourself here by saying that people interpret you're words into things you never actually said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson13 (Post 3081862)
"whoa, jackson13 is a racist scumbag who hates "niggers"".

No-one said this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson13 (Post 3081715)
they say "I'm poor because I'm black and I get held down by the man because of my skin color"

They didn't say that.



Now, if there is one thing white people cannot stand it's being accused of racism (yeah I realised what I just typed), so maybe people should back off jackson13, its an understandable reaction as they shouldn't have been purchasing such items anyway, even though I think there is no reason to get upset about their complaints as they are 'in poverty'...and wrestling is acceptable too.

Also, Heart Collector, funny stuff (in this thread) :)

Natty 07-23-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echo_bravo (Post 3082392)
Cosby is looked at as an Uncle Tom by a lot of his own people


What do you mean his people?

The Heart Collector 07-23-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echo_bravo (Post 3082397)
My mistake dawg

ITS THE WHITE MANS FAULT!!!! ITS ALL THAT FANCY ADVERTISIN THE WHITE MAN DOES AND IT LIKE MANIPULATES ME AND SHIT!

FIGHT THE POWER!

That better?;)

no, it's not really "better", its actually terribly unfunny, quasi-racist, classist, etc.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.