Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Current/Upcoming Horror Movies (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest II (2011) (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139601)

MistAh BlistAh 11-07-2010 06:53 PM

ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest II (2011)

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/r.../ltrteaser.jpg

Cast Fills Out for Laid to Rest 2
Quote:

Source: Shock Till You Drop September 27, 2010

Brian Austin Green, Thomas Dekker, Christopher Nelson, Jennifer Blanc, Danielle Harris and Michael Biehn are set to star in ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2, the follow-up to Robert Hall's 2009 slasher effort Laid to Rest.

Nick Principe will once again don the steely mask as the sequel's killer, Chrome Skull.

Shooting is anticipated to begin November 1 with Hall back in the director's chair. He's working from a script that he penned with the film's co-producer Kevin Bocarde. The first film's Chang Tseng is also producing.

"You can't really make a Laid to Rest movie and not have the best gore effects," says Hall. "We're doubling the carnage and doubling the fun. I know we raised the bar on the last one, but people have no idea what’s in store in that department for the sequel—it's the original and then some. I'm so happy to have such a stellar cast involved, and I think Kevin and I have come up with a cool way to bring Chromey back without going all nutty and breaking our own rules."

Although Laid to Rest was distributed by Anchor Bay, the sequel presently does not have a home, however, that's not going to deter Hall and company from pressing on.

In past interviews with Shock Till You Drop, Hall revealed he not only has a part two mapped out, but he has a third Rest chapter to tell as well.
Chrome Skull Loves Laid to Rest 2 Script
Quote:

Source: Shock Till You Drop October 12, 2010

Details have been fairly slim on ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2 since it was announced.

Nick Principe, however, enthusiastically praised the script written by returning director Rob Hall and Kevin Bocarde. Principe, you recall, played the chrome-faced killer in the previous entry.

"I just finished reading the final draft of Laid to Rest 2," he revealed recently. "Oh my f**king God, this is gonna be a crazy ass sequel. Chromey is pissed and everyone gets destroyed. Triple the blood and gore, [more] than the first. You will be happy, ChromeSkull fans. This I promise you."

ChromeSkull should be pissed considering what happened to him at the end of the first film.
Here's ChromeSkull from Laid to Rest 2
Quote:

Source: Ryan Turek, Managing Editor November 6, 2010

That rich, dapper killer with the shiny leering stare known as ChromeSkull is back! Director Robert Hall is in principal photography on ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest II, which I'm beginning to suspect is a prequel to the 2009 film rather than a direct follow-up.

Nick Principe is the man behind the mask. He's joined by Brian Austin Green, Thomas Dekker, Christopher Nelson, Jennifer Blanc and the busiest gal in horror, Danielle Harris.
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/r...eltr2small.jpg

Reigh Kaufman 11-07-2010 07:10 PM

The first film had some good gore. Really good.

But nobody could act worth a fuck.

Danielle will fit right in.

zombievictim 11-07-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman (Post 3313518)
The first film had some good gore. Really good.

But nobody could act worth a fuck.

Danielle will fit right in.

My thoughts exactly.

MistAh BlistAh 11-21-2010 11:09 AM

Plot Details for ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest II

Quote:

Source: Shock Till You Drop November 19, 2010

The sequel ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest II is currently shooting and we've got an official synopsis to share with you. Contrary to our speculation, this is indeed a sequel.

ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2 picks up three months after we last left ChromeSkull at the end of the original Laid to Rest. Tommy, who's struggling to come to terms with his encounter with the masked killer, has now gone missing courtesy of the maniacal Preston, a mysterious player in the sequel with a sinister connection to ChromeSkull. Meanwhile, our killer has set his sights on a new girl, Jess, and after the young girl disappears, Detective King must race against the clock to find her and Tommy before it's too late and try to put an end to ChromeSkull's deadly legacy.

Brian Austin Green, Thomas Dekker, Christopher Nelson, Jennifer Blanc, Danielle Harris and Nick Principe star. Robert Hall returns to direct. Stay tuned for our upcoming set visit report.
LINK:
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=17261

MisterTwister 11-22-2010 08:47 PM

I really enjoyed the first film, so sign me up for some more Chromeskull.

XCoRyX 01-11-2011 06:57 AM

I enjoyed the first BIG time...and I welcome this with open arms. I just noticed Jonathan Schaech playing an Agent in this though,where he was in the first one as the brother of the housewife...unless they're trying to link him up as undercover or such (which would be lame,still if you ask me), I do not enjoy casting the same person in the same franchise in different roles.

XCoRyX 08-13-2011 03:48 PM

A bump with release date being recently announced - September 20th this one hits DVD/BluRay.

http://www.image-entertainment.com/Media/chrome%202.jpg

MisoGenie 08-13-2011 03:59 PM

That cover's pretty cool, and I hear the deaths are sick in these movies. This may be worth a rental, if I can get my hands on the original beforehand.

XCoRyX 08-13-2011 08:13 PM

Its on Netflix a lot I think if you have that... and if you have any nearby MovieStops in your area, they have it used for $5.99

MisoGenie 08-13-2011 09:25 PM

I do not have either, I'm sorry to admit, but I'm sure that I can find either a cheap copy or a video uploaded online if worse comes to worst.

XCoRyX 10-15-2011 10:26 PM

so, this one just came out as i noticed when stopping by the local blockbuster/moviestop stores...

has anybody checked it out? any thoughts/opinions?

MistAh BlistAh 10-16-2011 11:02 AM

Skip it...
Feels like a bad Saw sequel knockoff.

Every character is a worthless moron in this movie and Danielle Harris is completely wasted in her role. Worst police officers ever...If you think the cops from the Human Centipede were dumb, wait till you get a load of these guys.

The movie adds to ChromeSkull's back-story, but will only leave you with more questions then answers.

The only real positive is the gore once again, some pretty cool effects were used for the kills but they're just not enough to save the movie.

If you liked the first one, maybe give it a watch...but if not, don't even waste your time...or money.

Duke Nukem 10-16-2011 05:22 PM

This is another new sorry franchise that unfortunately sucks balls. I bought the first "Laid To Rest" a year ago and could not believe how bad the first ten minutes were. The acting was embarrassing. I'm a lot more pacient with so-called bad acting in lots of horror movies, but this was a rare exception. Is it the actors, or is the director incapable of inspiring decent performances out of them? It had the "Sarah Conner" TV chick and even John Conner himself, Thomas Dekker. They have both proven to be good actors with the right material. They were wasted in the movie, and I stopped watching after ten minutes.

I never bothered with the rest of the movie and got rid of it. Is it possible that the movie got better and I missed out on a fun ride? Possibly. Do I care? No. Sometimes, when you are presented with something so terrible, you would rather not waste anymore of your time and the electricity in your DVD player. I am all for terrific gore effects in these kinds of movies, but not at the expense of a crappy script that was not checked up on. What is it with these new filmmakers who come up with innovative death scenes but can't write a story better than a fifth grader? They are our future, as the older franchises are done. They are in a powerful position and shooting themsleves in the foot.

I'll include Danielle Harris in this reply-turned-mini-rant. I used to wonder if she looked back on "Halloween 5," put aside the wonderful memories with the cast, and realized what a disappointing movie it is (and only pretended to enjoy it with the director on the commentary). I don't wonder about that anymore. Her willingness to take part in so many new mediocre horror movies disappoints me. Maybe she needs the money, maybe not, I don't know.

I'm being really tough on this series, as I am with "Hatchet." That's because there are many so-called bad movies and bad franchises that I do identify redeeming values in, that I have to be honest when I do spot a dud. However, I'm glad that some of you enjoy "Laid To Rest." If nobody did, it would be a waste of celluloid.

DickJones 01-18-2012 06:56 PM

I own the first Laid to Rest. Now horror movie characters are not known for their good decision making but this movie takes it to new heights. It was one of the only times I literally got angry with a movie.

1) Your truck's on fumes. Solution: Stop the truck, run off into the woods, wait till morning. Chromeskull isn't Jason Voorhees so he's not suddenly going to pop out from behind a tree and gut you.

2) Why the fuck do you want to go back to the funeral home? Solution: Dump the stupid bitch at said funeral home and haul ass.

3) You have Chromeskull's license plate. Hell he even made it easy for you to remember.