Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Movie Talk (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Actors With Big Foreheads! (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140096)

Cop No. 633 12-16-2010 03:35 AM

Actors With Big Foreheads!
 
I'm getting really sick of actors who have huge foreheads. They need to get out of the films I watch. Their foreheads take up 40% of the screen and they distract me from all the other actors. I don't even know if Tom Hanks is a good actor because most of the time his god damn forehead is in the way of his face. It pisses me off that actors with big foreheads keep getting work. Every time I watch a film with Christina Ricci, I always have to remind myself that I'm not watching a sci-fi film and her character isn't an alien. And don't even get me started on Mr. Worf. I'm never going to watch Star Trek: The Next Generation because of him. Fuck him up his ridged ass forehead. And fuck Kelsey Grammer. His head blocked my view at a Dodgers game a few months ago. That guy just loves to show off his head...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...7ea1fa275f.jpg

QUENTIN 12-16-2010 04:07 AM

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1...ng-a-child.jpg

One benefit - if the number of theaters declines their foreheads can always be rented as space for their films to be projected.

The Postmaster General 12-16-2010 04:52 AM

http://legendsrevealed.com/entertain...423-124478.jpg


Something very few people are aware of is that with Luke Perry, much like finding the age of a chopped down tree, you are able to determine which season of 90210 you are watching by counting lines on his head.

Frank the Tank 12-16-2010 04:11 PM

I'm shocked at the lack of Ted Danson mentions

http://ewpopwatch.files.wordpress.co...9/danson_l.jpg

Look at that thing

Cop No. 633 12-16-2010 06:10 PM

Now this thread is disturbing me! I can't open this thread anymore! God dammit! Actors, you've done it again. But seriously, Quentin, I think you're onto something with that idea. I'm going to contact James Van Der Beek about it. Bubba, that's a hell of a revelation. It's going to change the way I look at that show forever.


http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...umeCullell.jpg

Who did that?! Who edited my post?!

Shinigami 12-16-2010 06:22 PM

You bring up an interesting question. How does one define the human condition?

BadCoverVersion 12-16-2010 07:24 PM

If the forehead to actual face ratio isn't less than 2.74 suvaris...I simply refuse to watch. My telebox just cannot cope with compressing and yet retaining the integrity of such malformed noggins.

Fuck these eejits,

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_F_zeJrkq1r...1600/EPage.jpg

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile...387_1851_n.jpg

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFi...811/464773.jpg

It's hard because they star in some of my alltime favourites.

cloneofkelso 12-16-2010 07:57 PM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/...69_468x761.jpg

http://images.zap2it.com/images/cele...arantino-1.jpg

http://www.theblogyoulovetohate.com/...ghn-wild-4.jpg

Tweek 12-16-2010 08:11 PM

Another huge forehead:

http://slyoyster.com/wp-content/uplo...oss_whedon.jpg


But Kelsey Grammer's forehead pisses me off most of all. :mad:

Monotreme 12-16-2010 08:20 PM

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/u...y-lewis_01.jpg

Daniel Day-Lewis has a big forehead. Therefore, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

bigred760 12-17-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPuppet (Post 3330938)
I'm getting really sick of actors who have huge foreheads. They need to get out of the films I watch.

This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

poopontheshoes7 12-17-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigred760 (Post 3331696)
This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

You do realize he was joking right?

bigred760 12-17-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 (Post 3331721)
You do realize he was joking right?

It's so hard to tell sometimes.

Cop No. 633 12-18-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 (Post 3331721)
You do realize he was joking right?

The only person joking in this thread is Monotreme. I'm really against actors with big foreheads. Everybody else can treat it as a joke, but it's not a god damn joke.

BigRed, you got a problem with me hating actors who have huge heads? You think it's stupid? Why are you getting all sensitive? What's the matter? You got a big forehead too? Yeah, I bet you do. You're taking this a little personally, volley ball head.

In light of this development, I'd like to extend my rant against people with big heads who go to the movies. We all know them. We all curse God's name whenever they decide to sit in front of us. And yet nobody ever calls em out on their shit. I think it's time we make a law in which people with gargantuan heads need to sit in the back of the movie theater. They get their own special little designated area away from the normal sized heads. The best part is that they won't block each other's heads because they're all roughly about the same size. And there can be order to the system where the biggest sit the farthest and the smaller big headed people can sit a little closer. Think about it.

You want this?

http://albertjsullivan.com/files/gim...ie-theater.jpg

Or this?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_l_Oz74kNBV...00/Head%21.jpg

bigred760 12-18-2010 02:21 PM

Me and my big ass head will try to stay outta your way.

bigred760 12-18-2010 02:37 PM

Me and my big ass head will try to stay outta your way.

APzombie 12-19-2010 01:57 AM

http://images.broadwayworld.com/uplo...0Folder/17.jpg

alison pill. good actress though.

Tweek 12-21-2010 01:14 AM

http://www.thebestgossip.com/uploade...SIP-752565.jpg


I think Kiefer Sutherland is such a souse because he can't cope with the size of his forehead.

The Postmaster General 12-21-2010 01:22 AM

I wanted to extend props to actors like Michael J Fox who cover their forehead. Bright Lights, Big City just wouldn't have been the same had he not had the parted hair. In Causalities of War, however, De Palma accentuated his forehead as a metaphor toward middle America's views on the Vietnam war.

jeo4 12-21-2010 09:12 AM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...jX0xn8_Z-FiKCA

Nicole Kidman wins.

SS-Block 12-21-2010 10:36 AM

Sergei Eisenstein had a brief spell as an actor.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...enstein_01.jpg

Monotreme 12-21-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove (Post 3333120)
I wanted to extend props to actors like Michael J Fox who cover their forehead. Bright Lights, Big City just wouldn't have been the same had he not had the parted hair. In Causalities of War, however, De Palma accentuated his forehead as a metaphor toward middle America's views on the Vietnam war.

Best post! :)

jaw2929 09-26-2011 12:28 AM

Here's some more fun, for everyone's viewing pleasure:

http://img.izismile.com/img/img2/200...orehead_01.jpg

http://img.izismile.com/img/img2/200...ead_640_08.jpg

http://img.izismile.com/img/img2/200...ead_640_11.jpg

http://img.izismile.com/img/img2/200...ead_640_19.jpg

http://cdn04.okcdn.okmagazine.com/wp...ct13newsne.jpg

DaveyJoeG 09-26-2011 12:57 AM

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...edgerJoker.gif

Christopher Nolan had to adopt the extra tall IMAX resolution to fit this forehead in The Dark Knight.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8...asthejoker.jpg

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9...eathledger.jpg

Erroneous 11-04-2011 02:14 PM

Vince. Big, big head!

Brando @$$ Fat 11-05-2011 11:51 AM

It's worse when it's a professional athlete.

http://lolabrigada.files.wordpress.c...zateenwolf.jpg

That hat ain't hiding anything, bub.

hoojib127 11-05-2011 05:19 PM

Granted, a lot of the guys here are here because of receding hairlines. Not all of us are fortunate enough to go through most (if not all) of our lives with a full head of hair. : ?

Matchbox225 11-05-2011 07:32 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ohn_Cazale.jpg

jdparker 11-05-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer (Post 3455385)
Here's some more fun, for everyone's viewing pleasure:

http://img.izismile.com/img/img2/200...ead_640_08.jpg

50% forehead for the win!

Felkitty 11-07-2011 10:30 AM

While this post made me giggle, and even laugh out. I do agree with whats being said. I have a huge(head) problem with Tom Hanks as well. Im guessing its one of the reason i dislike him. I cant watch a film with him without staring at his head, its very distracting.

Now this is not something i normally pay attention to when i meat people, in fact i dont even look at people faces, my eyes wander.. cant help it..
But when your focused on a TV screen for 2 hours, and looking at close-ups showing every little fine line in the skin, you cant help but notice things like this.

Need i not mention Nicolas Cage...

Anders Rosenkrantz-Brahe-Oxenstierna 02-03-2013 03:31 AM

I disagree with you on the point of joking. I really think rather than focusing on who is joking and responding with humor we should pay attention to who is the joke here. And that would be you. Why in the world would you dislike actors with large foreheads? It's a sign of intelligence as the forehead is the skin covered frontal bone. It contains behind it the frontal cortex. The larger the lobe the greater the amount of brain matter and in turn the greater the volume of brain cells that is contained. Now when neurons and glia translate to brain tracts (neurons do not reproduce because they retain skills and memory for your entire life. the more you have the greater the capacity of the network.) then higher cell volumes would mean more tracts and a more complex sense of awareness and humanity.

You imply by hating such actors that you have a highly developed disdain for intelligence and, well, a large number of people on this planet. There are a lot of people with large foreheads along with large scaled sections of the rest of their heads. Is there something wrong with them as well? If I have a large head is there something wrong with me? What drives you to hold people fitting these qualities in contempt?

Is this all about you? Do you have a smaller than average head that you are self-conscious about? I don't know if I am going to get an answer back from you addressing my questions and comments. But, I do know there is something wrong with you if all this is not some kind of extensive joke.

I feel like I've just stepped into a light version of the Twilight Zone. I hope you were high or intoxicated in some way while writing this.

What a waste of time.

Herald 02-03-2013 05:54 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YxJjr6SjKz...-281_large.jpg

psycheoutsteve 02-03-2013 11:33 AM

Glad to see that it's the threads with actual substance, like this one, that generate the most discussion, hehe.



And yeah, I know it's a joke.

spooky 02-03-2013 12:17 PM

superficial thread is... superficial. :rolleyes:

the clever guy 02-08-2013 01:16 AM

How the fuck do you watch most any movie when, oh, I don't know, a majority of the actors in Hollywood have huge foreheads? I've been watching the 'Die Hard' trilogy and have noticed that a shit ton of the actors in all three movies have large foreheads. Mentioned earlier was Tom Hanks. I watched 'Saving Private Ryan' earlier nothing about his forehead distracted me, because I can see a good movie and good acting when I see it, regardless of the forehead.

This rant that you can't stand movies that contain actors with large foreheads is nothing short of fucking stupid.

magjournal 02-08-2013 02:13 PM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...zI2c5G_q-9fEXO

Can't believe you guys would ignore the guy with the 6,000 foot forehead. C'mon!

Erroneous 02-08-2013 07:01 PM

Is it big head or big forehead?

DareDevil 03-13-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Rosenkrantz-Brahe-Oxenstierna (Post 3650920)
I disagree with you on the point of joking. I really think rather than focusing on who is joking and responding with humor we should pay attention to who is the joke here. And that would be you. Why in the world would you dislike actors with large foreheads? It's a sign of intelligence as the forehead is the skin covered frontal bone. It contains behind it the frontal cortex. The larger the lobe the greater the amount of brain matter and in turn the greater the volume of brain cells that is contained. Now when neurons and glia translate to brain tracts (neurons do not reproduce because they retain skills and memory for your entire life. the more you have the greater the capacity of the network.) then higher cell volumes would mean more tracts and a more complex sense of awareness and humanity.

You imply by hating such actors that you have a highly developed disdain for intelligence and, well, a large number of people on this planet. There are a lot of people with large foreheads along with large scaled sections of the rest of their heads. Is there something wrong with them as well? If I have a large head is there something wrong with me? What drives you to hold people fitting these qualities in contempt?

Is this all about you? Do you have a smaller than average head that you are self-conscious about? I don't know if I am going to get an answer back from you addressing my questions and comments. But, I do know there is something wrong with you if all this is not some kind of extensive joke.

I feel like I've just stepped into a light version of the Twilight Zone. I hope you were high or intoxicated in some way while writing this.

What a waste of time.

Well at least we know who has the biggest forehead in the world now, epic 1st post, after years of only reading the forums, one night in the rant section you had to stand up for the big heads everywhere. I've seen a lot of amazing first posts over the years but this might be my favorite.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.