Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Best/Worst/Favorites/Etc.. (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Which final destination movie is your favorite (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143312)

BASSI 08-30-2011 10:05 AM

Which final destination movie is your favorite

Now that Final Destination 5 is out in most places ( it's not doing as good as it should do in the Box Office) it's a shame cause Final Destination 5 is the best in the series (SAW 6 (not saying that the best in series) all over again?).

The reason why I think this movie is the best in the series,

This is the first time , I actually did not want some of the people to die in this movie as I got really warm to them and when they death scene came. it was really hard to watch.

I found the acting in this movie better then the last 3 movies in the FD series and bridge scenes were astonishing, which is the best disaster in Final Destination movies have done and the 3D in this in movie was phenomenal in that scene and the rest of the movie, I moved my head few times cause I thought I was going hit in the head.

This is the best 3D movie since Avatar (Well the same guy did both movies) and I love each death scenes in this movie , 10000000 x better then TFD and Candice deaths is the second worst in the whole series for me, (even I looked away from that death scene, the suspense in this movie was just like first movie.

This is not spoiler as it already in the trailer and I also loved the new rule, kill someone and take there life, which is something new and fresh in this series and then at the end of movie.

The twist at end of this movie was awesome, you will never see it coming at all.

I also really enjoyed the references to the other 3 movies which they did not do in last one

After leaving the cinema, the 180 stuff total freaked me out on my way home, when I got on the Bus then the Bus fare was 1:80 :eek: , I was staring at ticket for a few seconds, bus driver looking at me like I was mad :p and I went to seat down and next to me, I saw newspaper advertising acupuncture and when got home and I saw junk letters on the floor, one of there was a letter about a eye laser and there was picture of eye on it.
:eek::eek:!

Which are your favorite death scenes in the Final Destination series?
My Top Ten Death scenes in this series
1) Erin (FD3)
2) Candice (FD5)
3) Tim (FD 2)
4) Ashlyn and Ashley (FD 3)
5) Terry (FD )
6) Rory (FD 2)
7) Isaac (FD 5)
8) Billy (FD )
9) Nora (FD 2)
10) Olivia (FD 5)

Quote:

Box office info
Production Budget: was $40 million
at the moment Worldwide: $66,414,984
Quote:

Final Destination 5 burst on to the charts this weekend with $21 million from 20 territories. It had a big $7.8 million opening in Russia, which marked an improvement over The Final Destination. However, FD5 was off from its predecessor in Germany ($2.4 million) and the U.K. ($2.4 million) and was about even in Spain ($1.8 million). FD4 wound up just shy of $120 million two years ago, and FD5 should also be in line for $100 million. With $28.5 million so far, the movie is set to expand to France and Australia next weekend
Really disappointing about UK, Wow it did great in Russia

Fingers cross that it dose better in France and Australia this weekend as this movie has 60% on Rotten tomatoes.

Will Final destination 6 still happen? it did bad in the box office but still getting some great reviews from all over net..

Shadow Master 09-06-2011 06:03 PM

Probably the original but I enjoyed them all.

horrorfan678 09-01-2012 02:52 PM

The original Final Destination (2000) is BY FAR the most superior. It was clever and original and nothing like it had been done before. The sequels were stupid, daft and cheesy. Made for money and concentrating on setting up death sequences, but little else.

Antonio141 09-01-2012 05:22 PM

FD2 is one rare case in the same vein as SAW 2 in which the sequel surpasses the original: story, characters, execution, etc.

PSU80 09-02-2012 07:32 AM

The original Final Destination was a pretty good flick. The sequels were pretty horrible.

Slausen 11-10-2012 04:37 PM

2 & 5 the best, the two most clever, funny and rightly crafted in global tone and pace. But all them somewhat entertaining.

Suspiria98 03-21-2013 07:38 PM

The fifth installment is my favourite one, altough it uses a old concept which lacks of surprises.

Herald 03-23-2013 08:43 AM

I think many people just don't get the Final Destination franchise. It's basically just a slasher but with an invisible killer. Slashers are movies that feature a lot of creative deaths. But for some reason people find that the worst part of Final Destination. Wait what? That's like saying Saw would be ok if it didn't had all those traps, or that Friday the 13th would be a great coming of age franchise it it weren't for the repetitive killing spree of Jason Voorhees.

However the formula of FD is both is strength, the elaborate death setups, and it's weakness, it has to start with a premonition and a character that knows death's plan. That last part is what they try to do different each time and becomes the most silly part of it.

I like FD 2 the best. The highway crash is incredible and the film knows how ridiculous the premise is and milks it for all it's worth.

ilovemovies 04-21-2013 06:20 AM

1. Final Destination 2
2. Final Destination

3. The Final Destination
4. Final Destination 5

5. Final Destination 3

The first two are good.

Installments 4 and 5, not nearly as good but still decent.

The 3rd film I just didn't much for. Definitely the weakest of the franchise.

I think this franchise is over. They should leave it at 5. It has a nice twist at the end that ties it back to the first one and they shouldn't mess around with it anymore.

Besides, now that we've basically been told that NOBODY can survive, any more of these wouldn't work since we know they all have to die. There would no longer be suspense as to who lives and dies. Only in how they die and that can get old, and quite frankly, it already has. Final Destination 5 had a lot of moments where I just rolled my eyes and said out loud: "you've got to be kidding me!". So unless they come up with a new twist and a radical new idea, no more movies please.