Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Celeb Talk/Gossip (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Brad Pitt says he'll retire from acting at age 50 (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144095)

echo_bravo 11-14-2011 01:20 PM

Brad Pitt says he'll retire from acting at age 50

Pitt says he'll retire from acting at 50

During an appearance on Australia's "60 Minutes," Brad Pitt said he plans to stop acting by age 50 so he can focus on working behind the scenes on films. When asked how long he plans to continue acting, the 47-year-old star replied, "Three years."

Pitt went on to detail his future career plans, adding, "I am really enjoying the producing side and development of stories and putting those pieces together ... getting stories to the plate that might have had a tougher time otherwise."

In an interview with The Sunday Times' Culture magazine, Pitt expands on how he sees his future, adding, "We all have a shelf life, and mine is coming -- although there are a couple of things I'd still like to do. I am looking forward to playing a foul-mouthed grumpy old dude one day, that's for sure."

Pitt has several producing credits to his name, including "The Time Traveler's Wife," "Eat Pray Love," and this year's "The Tree of Life," which he also starred in.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=683005

One of my favorite actors. I hope he has a change of heart and continues to act after 50.

jaw2929 11-14-2011 01:33 PM

I think he'll get restless eventually beyond 50 and be in more movies. That's my assumption, at least.

Bourne101 11-14-2011 01:39 PM

I don't necessarily buy it, but it would be a shame. He has always been a good actor, but these last few years (starting with Jesse James) he has taken it to a new level. His upcoming films Cogan's Trade, World War Z and Twelve Years a Slave (Steve McQueen's next) look to keep him on that same path of greatness.

However, I understand if he wants to go down the director/producer route. Maybe he could act too, like Affleck, Eastwood, Clooney, etc. have.

AspectRatio1986 11-14-2011 01:53 PM

I used to hate Pitt when I was a kid just because all the girls/women swooned over him...but nowadays he's simply the man and has made many unforgettable characters on film. It'd be very sad to see him retire or semi-retire at such an early age.

Smiert Spionam 11-14-2011 01:55 PM

I feel like a fuckin' female for saying this, but.......Noooooo!!!! :(

MisoGenie 11-14-2011 03:33 PM

I love Brad Pitt and find it very charitable of him to want to focus on bringing pictures to the screen which otherwise wouldn't have a chance. With that said I want to see him act in films past the age of 50, at least once every couple years. He's too great of a talent to see him focus on just one aspect of his career. Whatever he does though, mucho respect for the man.

Gilpesh 11-14-2011 04:02 PM

Oh man... he's not going to be doing those movies where he plays the grizzled old seen it all guy like Clint Eastwood? I hope he changes his mind.

urbanlegend23 11-14-2011 04:24 PM

I love him. He's been my favourite actor for a number of years and lately he's been in particularly great projects that keep me looking forward to his next release.

I'm sure he won't completely "retire". He'll probably be in a few movies past 50 but probably won't take on big starring roles. I sure look forward to seeing him in that grumpy-old-dude role.

Let's just hope he actually produces decent films in the future - because Time Traveller's Wife and Eat Pray Love were both mediocre at best.

jolanar 11-14-2011 10:28 PM

Would be a shame. He gets better and better with every role.

Tweek 11-14-2011 11:42 PM

It's a shame if he does.

I never got on the "Brad Pitt is so dreamy!!!1" bandwagon, but I do like his work for the most part.

Count Orlok 11-15-2011 01:14 AM

I wonder if he's actually going to stick to his promise. Do you guys think he'll really stay behind the camera from that point on when he reaches age 50?

RustyRazor 11-15-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer (Post 3475643)
I think he'll get restless eventually beyond 50 and be in more movies. That's my assumption, at least.

Agreed.
Didn't realize he was 47.
Damn.

kobe8byrant 11-15-2011 07:25 AM

When that day comes, it'll be a very sad day. It will be like going through Cary Grant's filmography and then realising he's just made his last film =(

bigred760 11-15-2011 02:27 PM

Shame if it's true; I've enjoyed practically every movie he's made the last couple of years. Glad to see he's not quitting movies altogether in that he still wants to produce. Maybe keeping behind the scenes will vault him in front of the camera every now and again.

pumkin 11-15-2011 02:52 PM

Shame if that is really true. He's doing such a great job in his latest films...

AceD 11-15-2011 03:22 PM

There's no way this is for real, guys. He may slow down significantly, or take more supporting roles, but I'd bet my house that he's in at least 5-10 more films after age 50.

echo_bravo 11-17-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceD (Post 3476128)
There's no way this is for real, guys. He may slow down significantly, or take more supporting roles, but I'd bet my house that he's in at least 5-10 more films after age 50.

Yeah lets hope so.

I'd like to see him collaborate with Fincher again as well